I Want to Sell Tee-Tee to Other People!!! - July 2013 TR *UPDATE 4/29 pg. 73*

:scared1: What a disaster with the FP+ stuff. I'm glad you got it fixed. I am pretty excited to read about that trip and how it works. It will be at least 2015 before we are back, so I haven't kept that up to speed on the FP+ developments. :laughing:

I love Disney economics. :rolleyes1:

I have always been kind of intrigued with SSR - I am sure you are hoping to get BW or another resort, but if you end up at SSR, I will be interested to read all about it. :thumbsup2

ROAD TRIP TO DISNEY! With it being that affordable there's no way you could pass it up.

Saratoga Springs looks lovely. I'll be crossing my fingers you get GFlo, though. The penguin fountain in the lobby? I just about died when I saw the picture.

Ugh, that's so frustrating about the MDE. There are a lot of kinks in that site that need to be worked out. I'm glad you got reservations made, though!

Don't lose hope on BOG. We literally were just able to book for Dec. 1 this past week. So maybe late December/early January it'll open up. It also doesn't count as one of your FP+ entitlements so you don't have to give up any of your current reservations :thumbsup2

The Maelstrom is one of the most popular rides in Disney, clearly.

Wow, I want a diesel with that gas mileage! We're driving down in June but our car only gets ~ 20 mpg highway :lmao:
If you've never been during MLK holiday week, just be prepared for crowds, DH's birthday is the 21st and we've gone 3 or 4 times and it was crowded. But yaay for MDE, that should definitely help!
I hope your waitlist comes through, but at least you're onsite!

Personally I like number 4 on your list of reasons it would be affordable.

I so love reading about MyDisneyExperience stories. Buy I also love Halloween and horror movies, so that might explain it.

Oh dear, I see you are part of the tier testing.

Keep trying the BOG link!!! Unless the DVC reservaton is different than a "normal" reservation. I was only able to make one last week for early December. Before that there was nothing, so they are late releasing the dates. Then again, maybe they'll do away with it by then entirely. At least it doesn't count as one of the 3 FP selections.

I imagine Mission Space is a Tier 2 for the same reason ToT is a tier 2... so there's at least something half decent in the second tier. Maybe.

I'm super glad you're looking forward to FP+ (despite the bumps). I'm keeping an open mind as well.

Um, yeah, if I could do a week long trip that cheap, I'd be driving down there in a second! :thumbsup2

Ugh FP+. Just reading about your experience stresses me out. I'm going in 9 days and i still don't have FP reservations because I don't have tickets, so I'm just praying there will be some good times available for Soarin' and ToT once I get there! :rotfl:

Gotta love Fuzzy Disney Math! Although yours does seem pretty legit!

Sorry about your FP+ trouble! We didn't know anything about it when we were there in October and just made ressies on a whim while we were there! It worked out great but I have a feeling it won't be so easy as the program expands.

That's too cheap to pass up! But I'm with a PP, keep trying the BOG link. I had the same issue but was later able to book at FP+ for lunch, so don't give up!

it can be frustrating when a company launches new stuff. Anything Internet related will always have Hiccup along the way. The unfortunate thing is we are naturally the ones who experience them. I think in a bit of time all will be running smoothly for sure. I always remember that there was a time we had to do everything by phone....... and sometimes stay on the line for 1/2 hour.

For me anything Disney related is no problem..... I can wait because I LUV WDW..... :grouphug::grouphug:

Wow, I want a diesel with that gas mileage! We're driving down in June but our car only gets ~ 20 mpg highway :lmao:
If you've never been during MLK holiday week, just be prepared for crowds, DH's birthday is the 21st and we've gone 3 or 4 times and it was crowded. But yaay for MDE, that should definitely help!

We love our VW Passat TDI. It is a very comfortable and economical car for sure. Can't wait to see if we improve the mileage on the trip in January. I am sure Danielle will post it on the TR.:drive::drive:

I really love your financial explanations for why another trip just makes sense. Works for me!
Wow... two of you and DVC accounts and FP+ and my head is spinning. Glad you got it worked out!

Plans sound great (even the Dark side).

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

:scared1: Totally haven't read the latest update because I just realised that missed one!!! :scared1:

So Biergarten! How cool that the CM made note of your parents' anniversary like that. Very cool.

I have read so many great things about Biergarten. I have never been tempted to book an ADR there though. :confused3 I have to believe that we are really missing something. :scratchin

Those dang yeti stuffies - such lushes!!! DRANKS! :cool2:

Joaquin is just so funny - I love all his crazy pics, the ridiculous song, everything. What a lot of personality that kid has! Can't begin to imagine where he gets it….. :rolleyes1

I've totally done that before! Thinking I commented, convincing myself that I commented, and then realizing that I didn't. Gotta love that. :lmao:

We love the Biergarten, purely based on the fun level. The food is good, we haven't been disappointed, I just find it to be a ton of fun.

My Yeti is such a Drunky McDrunkerson. I can't take him anywhere.

Joaquin is such a crazy little kid. It's certainly entertaining to have him around. His new thing is:

"Hey Daddy?"
"What?"
"Ugly says what?!"

It's really hard to argue with your math. Especially when it comes to Disney :thumbsup2

We're going to just miss you and your family. We'll be arriving on January 28th. Our 60 day mark is coming up next week and I'm just bracing for impact about making the FP+ ressies. To make things more complicated I'm juggling two separate packages: one for my family of 4 and one for my brother's family of 3. Would you like to place odds on whether this will go smoothly? :lmao:

Anyway happy to hear you finally worked it out although that was a lot of leg work on your part. Or I should say phone work.

Ohhhhh, we are just going to miss each other! :(

I'm being hopeful that your FP+ reservations aren't too complicated to make. I'm guessing what may happen is that you might not get the exact same times for your reservations. However, I might be wrong.

:scared1: What a disaster with the FP+ stuff. I'm glad you got it fixed. I am pretty excited to read about that trip and how it works. It will be at least 2015 before we are back, so I haven't kept that up to speed on the FP+ developments. :laughing:

I love Disney economics. :rolleyes1:

I have always been kind of intrigued with SSR - I am sure you are hoping to get BW or another resort, but if you end up at SSR, I will be interested to read all about it. :thumbsup2

I'm staying open minded on all of it because it's still in the testing phase, so that's all normal for that kind of roll out. Things will go poorly at first, and then they'll work out the kinks. It's definitely a work in progress for now I think.

I'm only hopeful for BW based on it's location. I love being in the Epcot resort area and being able to walk. I'm not holding my breath that it's going to come through, and we haven't stayed at Saratoga (not counting the THV) in about 9 years or so. At least I haven't stayed there since 2004.

ROAD TRIP TO DISNEY! With it being that affordable there's no way you could pass it up.

Saratoga Springs looks lovely. I'll be crossing my fingers you get GFlo, though. The penguin fountain in the lobby? I just about died when I saw the picture.

Ugh, that's so frustrating about the MDE. There are a lot of kinks in that site that need to be worked out. I'm glad you got reservations made, though!

Don't lose hope on BOG. We literally were just able to book for Dec. 1 this past week. So maybe late December/early January it'll open up. It also doesn't count as one of your FP+ entitlements so you don't have to give up any of your current reservations :thumbsup2

The Maelstrom is one of the most popular rides in Disney, clearly.

I couldn't justify not doing the trip at that cost. I'm definitely looking forward to it. It's been a few years since I've done a road trip to Disney.

I'm hopeful for one of the wait lists, but I'm not expecting it. I've only had a wait list come through a few times. Normally they haven't.

The Maelstrom is clearly one of the most amazing rides in Epcot. I just didn't get the memo.

I love when disney math actually makes sense and not just because we pretend it does :cool1:

I know! It's great when it legitimately works and it's not just you convincing yourself that it works.

My parents drove their Armada down on this July trip, and their's gets lil 14mpg. No thanks!

I'm not too worried about the crowds. Having been in July and over Thanksgiving and New Year's, I'm thinking it's not going to be bad in comparison to that.

Personally I like number 4 on your list of reasons it would be affordable.

At the end of the day, everything is the way it is because I will it to be. :lmao:

I so love reading about MyDisneyExperience stories. Buy I also love Halloween and horror movies, so that might explain it.

Oh dear, I see you are part of the tier testing.

Yup, we were certainly part of the tier testing. Made it interesting when making out choices. HOWEVER, I don't actually have a problem with the tier testing. I think it's a good idea, so the popular attractions are more equitable.

Keep trying the BOG link!!! Unless the DVC reservaton is different than a "normal" reservation. I was only able to make one last week for early December. Before that there was nothing, so they are late releasing the dates. Then again, maybe they'll do away with it by then entirely. At least it doesn't count as one of the 3 FP selections.

I'm planning on checking it every week or so and seeing what happens. I'm going to eat there, regardless of whether or not I'm able to get the FP+.

I imagine Mission Space is a Tier 2 for the same reason ToT is a tier 2... so there's at least something half decent in the second tier. Maybe.

I'm super glad you're looking forward to FP+ (despite the bumps). I'm keeping an open mind as well.

I think you have to keep an open mind with everything. I don't like to reserve judgment on something until it's completely up and running. They have to get the opportunity to work the kinks out on things.

Um, yeah, if I could do a week long trip that cheap, I'd be driving down there in a second! :thumbsup2

Ugh FP+. Just reading about your experience stresses me out. I'm going in 9 days and i still don't have FP reservations because I don't have tickets, so I'm just praying there will be some good times available for Soarin' and ToT once I get there! :rotfl:

I will definitely want to hear about your experience then, if you're making them when you get down there. I want to see how that works out for you.

Gotta love Fuzzy Disney Math! Although yours does seem pretty legit!

Sorry about your FP+ trouble! We didn't know anything about it when we were there in October and just made ressies on a whim while we were there! It worked out great but I have a feeling it won't be so easy as the program expands.

Fuzzy Disney math is incredible! Especially when it works.

I think the key to this whole MDE rollout is that everyone has to be ready to make decisions on things early. For someone like me, I don't mind doing that at all. Some other people might not be a big fan. But I am certainly a fan of not worrying about bolting into the park and wasting time getting to a ride to pick up fast passes. I think it will help us have a more relaxed approach.

That's too cheap to pass up! But I'm with a PP, keep trying the BOG link. I had the same issue but was later able to book at FP+ for lunch, so don't give up!

I'm definitely going to keep trying.

it can be frustrating when a company launches new stuff. Anything Internet related will always have Hiccup along the way. The unfortunate thing is we are naturally the ones who experience them. I think in a bit of time all will be running smoothly for sure. I always remember that there was a time we had to do everything by phone....... and sometimes stay on the line for 1/2 hour.

For me anything Disney related is no problem..... I can wait because I LUV WDW..... :grouphug::grouphug:

Hahaha. Well, it was a little frustrating for me when I was making the reservations for us, but we'll get to reap the benefits of my frustration, so I guess it's not so bad. :lmao:

We love our VW Passat TDI. It is a very comfortable and economical car for sure. Can't wait to see if we improve the mileage on the trip in January. I am sure Danielle will post it on the TR.:drive::drive:

I'll have to make sure that we keep an eye on the mileage and how far we make it. I'm sure that people will be very interested in hearing that.

I really love your financial explanations for why another trip just makes sense. Works for me!
Wow... two of you and DVC accounts and FP+ and my head is spinning. Glad you got it worked out!

I know, I really got the short end of the complicated stick, didn't I?

Plans sound great (even the Dark side).

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

What can I say. I have to go to the Dark Side occasionally. :rotfl2:

Thanks Kathy! You too.

Why would it be affordable?

1) We already have APs.
2) We are DVC members.
3) His car gets 700 miles to the tank
4) I willed it to be affordable. ;)

At 700 miles to the tank at $60 a tank, we would only have to fill up twice each way. 4 fill ups = $240.

Add in $100 a hotel room for two nights (one night down and one night back)= $200

So total travel expenses would be $440. Split between three people.

Crazy, right?! How could we not go.

Absolutely works for me. ::yes:: At that rate, it would be a sin not to go! :goodvibes

Today was our first Magic Kingdom day!!! Can you believe that? This was day 4 already and we hadn't even hit the Magic Kingdom. Don't worry everyone, it's all a part of the plan.

Now the plans had been for us to be to the park by 9am. Well...there are seven of us. Including two kids. Three kids if you count Jason. And considering Jason is the worst of all of the kids with getting ready, we didn't get to the park until 9:30am. :rolleyes2

Yeti now had a new friend in mini Duffy.

We drove to the TTC because we wanted to take the monorail!

You could totally tell how humid and hot it was by the curliness that was his hair.

Gavin was patiently waiting for the monorail. There were lots of people waiting behind us for the monorail too.

Monster's U monorail. This one was going to Epcot.

We made it to the park and of course had to take some photo pass pictures. And you guys get to see my new fancy ears! I'm just not normally an ear wearer, but these were fancy and pretty.

And from these pictures, you can expect no less from my family than this:

This...

This....

And this.

And the PP photographer wanted to get the anniversary couple together.

Finally we were in the gates. And the park was already pretty crowded.

Yay!!!!

Any self respecting coffee lover in WDW would now head here of course.

Because it was vacation, Ommi had to get the kiddos cake pops. At 9:30am. It's vacation y'all!

Yeti and I got an iced coffee. Because it was so stinking hot outside, there was no way I was going to drink hot coffee.

Duffy wanted to get in on the action too.

My father was the only crazy person to consume hot coffee.

This picture just cracks me up, because Jeni is saying who knows what to the boys, but Joaquin looks like you just busted him in the face.

Continued in next post:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter