I want to see the drones

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We have one night in SSR and two in BLT. I have balance issues and would need an ECV to go to Disney Springs to watch the drones. DH could walk a bit and so only one ECV would be needed, and because this first day is only for swimming I do not have an ECV rented yet, but I could add the day. This would be July 1.

Our BLT stay is for parks and fireworks and so we both have ECV rented for those nights . From BLT, we would be using a bus to Disney Springs, and with the two ECV it may take longer to take the bus back because we may have to wait for a second bus or even a third bus. We would plan to do this July 2.

Is the convenience of being at SSR worth not having to take a bus? I guess I think it is. Having an ECV for the move the next day makes the move a bit more complicated though.

Thoughts?

We have one night in SSR and two in BLT. I have balance issues and would need an ECV to go to Disney Springs to watch the drones. DH could walk a bit and so only one ECV would be needed, and because this first day is only for swimming I do not have an ECV rented yet, but I could add the day. This would be July 1.

Our BLT stay is for parks and fireworks and so we both have ECV rented for those nights . From BLT, we would be using a bus to Disney Springs, and with the two ECV it may take longer to take the bus back because we may have to wait for a second bus or even a third bus. We would plan to do this July 2.

Is the convenience of being at SSR worth not having to take a bus? I guess I think it is. Having an ECV for the move the next day makes the move a bit more complicated though.

Thoughts?
Staying at SSR will save you the bus ride. But, I am concerned when you say DH can walk a bit. The viewing locations for the drone show will be on the West Side. So, from SSR you would need to cross all of Disney Springs and cross back again after. I would consider using an ECV for both of you.

I hope you have a wonderful time Bobbi. We were at WDW in early May 2024 and rode one of the new buses. Those buses are equipped to hold 3 ECVs. Hopefully this will help you in the future so you will not have to wait so long for a bus. Where I am sitting in the third photo is an ECV dock similar to those currently in use. The other two are slightly different where the ECV rider is seat belted like in a car.

1716561417487.jpeg
1716561521959.jpeg
1716561559629.jpeg

Was just at RR standard view, we could see disney springs, bet it has a great view of the drone show.

Staying at SSR will save you the bus ride. But, I am concerned when you say DH can walk a bit. The viewing locations for the drone show will be on the West Side. So, from SSR you would need to cross all of Disney Springs and cross back again after. I would consider using an ECV for both of you.
Ok.. that makes a difference… and if he has an ECV too… the move the next day is more complicated because we have a car too.

Maybe the EVC Minnie van can bring me and the two ECV’s and Tom can bring the car to BLT.

Have to decide if just dealing with bus and ECV is easier. Thanks. I didn’t know about viewing the drones.

Thanks

Please report back where you end up watching them. There was a thread about SSR getting a fence and the drones. I thought there were issues of people falling into the water from watching the drones from SSR. Now it sounds like you have to be over in disney springs to see them.

Please report back where you end up watching them. There was a thread about SSR getting a fence and the drones. I thought there were issues of people falling into the water from watching the drones from SSR. Now it sounds like you have to be over in disney springs to see them.

I think you will be able to see them from SSR, but if you want the whole effect of the show, you need to be on the Westside. Viewing the drone show from the side would not appear the same. It's like MK and Epcot, you can see the fireworks from many locations, but some places give you a better view.

I see that the show is two times every night! We have decided to go on July 2, from BLT. This way, we both have ECV’s and I made an ADR, at Paddlefish, we have not been to Disney Springs in quite awhile.

I appreciated the information about the viewing area.

I think you will be able to see them from SSR, but if you want the whole effect of the show, you need to be on the Westside. Viewing the drone show from the side would not appear the same. It's like MK and Epcot, you can see the fireworks from many locations, but some places give you a better view.
I’m thinking it would be close enough, a mirror image with some distortion depending on “where” watching @ SSR

Or not, waiting for reviews :)

Good luck Bobbi

I’m thinking it would be close enough, a mirror image with some distortion depending on “where” watching @ SSR

Or not, waiting for reviews :)

Good luck Bobbi
I think I'd go with a slightly lesser show in order to not deal with tons of crowds.

Is this show for the summer only ?

The show will be viewable from SSR's Congress Park section - however, there will be a few things that you'd be missing or things that would be different. 1. the parts of the show that spell out words would be inverted. 2. SSR's buildings have synchronized lighting that goes along with the view from DS, so if you're at SSR, those lights would be behind you and not contribute to the show. 3. The entire lakefront of SSR has spotlights that beam up and synchronize to the show as well - you'd still see the light beams, but they'd be in front of you and could slightly degrade the view and experience. I think first-time show viewers would probably want to be at Disney Springs - the lakefront path behind the west side restaurants, and the green space by House of Blues and Cirque are the best viewing spots. Once you've seen it a few times, the experience might be good enough at SSR to just watch from there.

The show will be viewable from SSR's Congress Park section
We will be @ OKW for portion of of june/july trip. Thinking it would be easy to “preview” the backside of drones ;) That way.

Take the boat to DS, grab CS something to eat (we do like earl of sandwich lol), reverse back to walkway to SSR and mosey over to see early show. If we are quick enough might beat the crowd walking back from 1st show to the boat launch!

If we enjoy it, can always commit to maybe driving to DS later in trip when @ a different resort. Not sure if you can still park there, perhaps either of the surface parking lots near Cirque would be better option than the garages.

The pics of (lack of) crowd control early on re pedestrians and departing were rather daunting. I’m sure they will get that in hand quickly as generally so good at it.:wizard:

Wonder if at some point in the future, if Disney will find a way to monetize the very best locations to view this show if it sticks around a bit?

My DSis is there tonight!
IMG_3915.jpegIMG_3917.jpeg
She showed the HA area, along the white wall!

Finally, she sent this picture representing my favorite movie!
IMG_3921.jpeg

facebook twitter