I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? Sept TR **Life & PTR Update 5/11**

More Enchanted Tiki Room pictures:

PoTC only had a 5 minute posted wait, so I hopped right in the queue. I pretty much walked on, so not many pictures taken in line, and I didn't get any good ones while on the attraction.

There was a Captain Jack Sparrow show going on when I came out. A crowd had already formed around the stage, so I took one picture then moved on.

Since there weren't any crowds that morning I just kept going in my clockwise motion and went to see what the wait for Splash Mountain was.

The posted wait for it too was only 5 minutes, and that's how long it took. Most of that time though was just walking through the queue to get to the attraction! :rotfl:

I got the front seat this time, which I was not thrilled about since I didn't want to get soaked. But oh well, I was still going to enjoy the ride....I think.

Our first time going on the outside portion of the ride we got stopped. It only lasted about a minute though, and we were moving again.

And then at the bottom of the big hill we got stopped again, for another 2 minutes.

No more stops though for the rest of the attraction. And my pose this time was slightly better than the one the day before.

NEXT TIME: MY "LUCK" CONTINUES....

I wonder why your wakeup call came late? I've never had that happen to me. At least you were still able to make it to the Magic Kingdom in time for your ADR. Speaking of which, great pictures of you and the characters at the Crystal Palace.

The castmember with the rubber snakes sounds like a hoot. I so enjoy CMs who really get into character.

So, did you get super wet on Splash Mountain? I hate walking around wet all day.

I wonder why your wakeup call came late? I've never had that happen to me. At least you were still able to make it to the Magic Kingdom in time for your ADR. Speaking of which, great pictures of you and the characters at the Crystal Palace.

The castmember with the rubber snakes sounds like a hoot. I so enjoy CMs who really get into character.

So, did you get super wet on Splash Mountain? I hate walking around wet all day.

I have a feeling the automated system was broke that morning, as the message I had was from a live CM instead of the automated Stitch one. I also love those photos with Pooh and the gang.

Adam was hilarious. I passed him a few times that day and every time he had a group around him that he was entertaining.

Thankfully I did not. Little bit of a wet butt from the seat and some drops on my front but that was it. It was a warm day, but I still didn't want to be all wet walking around.

As I was looking through Disney restaurant menus today, I remembered that I forgot to mention you dropping the monkey cupcake. Did you ever go back and get another? I love those things!

mickeystoontown said:
As I was looking through Disney restaurant menus today, I remembered that I forgot to mention you dropping the monkey cupcake. Did you ever go back and get another? I love those things!

No, I never got a chance for another. I looked once but they didn't have anymore that day.

I love that trail between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland although it can get a little spooky late at night if you are by yourself.

The pumpkin picture with the castle is beautiful! ::yes::

So sad you dropped your cupcake! That's just a tragedy. :sad1:

That is weird that your wakeup call didn't come in on time, thank goodness you woke up on your own and didn't miss your breakfast.

I think heading into Advertureland first thing in the morning is wonderful because there are never any crowds. I think most people head straight to Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.

I didn't realize the camels also "spit" on the Magic Carpet riders! They always get me when I'm walking by so I have a feeling if I ever rode the ride, I would end up soaked. :rotfl:

Pluto0809 said:
I love that trail between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland although it can get a little spooky late at night if you are by yourself.

The pumpkin picture with the castle is beautiful! ::yes::

So sad you dropped your cupcake! That's just a tragedy. :sad1:

That is weird that your wakeup call didn't come in on time, thank goodness you woke up on your own and didn't miss your breakfast.

I think heading into Advertureland first thing in the morning is wonderful because there are never any crowds. I think most people head straight to Fantasyland or Tomorrowland.

I didn't realize the camels also "spit" on the Magic Carpet riders! They always get me when I'm walking by so I have a feeling if I ever rode the ride, I would end up soaked. :rotfl:

That trail can certainly have a spooky vibe at night.

Thanks, I like that picture a lot.

Pretty sure the automated system was down that day, as the call I wound up getting was a person. Worked fine the rest of the trip.

I agree that Adventureland isn't the common first place. I think my going in 45 minutes after opening helped too, since those who did head there first had finished and moved on.

I've been lucky enough to never get spit on by the camels...so far.

DAY 3, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH. PART 2

When I got off of Splash Mountain I wasn't wet thankfully, but was a bit damp in some spots. What better way to dry off then a fast train ride around a mountain?

The posted wait was 10 minutes, but I was only in line for about 7. I was able to get a few more pictures of the newer queue this time.

Inspired by Lisa I decided to try to take a selfie with my camera while on the ride. It turned out okay, at least all of my head is in the shot!

We were moving along and around the mountain, into the tunnel area and................we stopped.

First time I've ever been stopped on BTMR. Thankfully it only lasted about a minute, but it was a bit weird for sure. Guess this big thing stopped working for a bit!

Next up on my MK tour was another new thing for me. The third one in 2 days, with more to come soon.

A raft had just left so I hung out by the dock and took a few pictures.

It was still only late morning, but was heating up quickly.

The raft came back from picking up people on the island and then I boarded.

There were several herons around, and one was close enough to the loading/unloading dock on the island to get a good pic.

I disembarked and headed out to explore the island.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

More pictures taken of and from Tom Sawyer Island

So, what did I think of TSI? It was nice, but I really don't feel the need to do it again anytime soon.

Next up was yet another first time for an attraction for me, the Hall of Presidents!!!!!!!! What, was that too many exclamation points for such an exciting attactions? I actually was excited, as it was hot under the noon sun and there was AC inside!

It was better than I expected, though it too isn't something I need to do again soon.

Since I was right by it I hopped in line for The Haunted Mansion. The wait was posted as 15 minutes, but I was on in maybe 10-12. Since they were testing FP+ on that queue we were all forced to take the "long" way around to go in.

Then into the stretching room. One thing I learned about HM during my KTTK tour was about the hidden Jack Skellingtons. The first one was the only I could (sorta) get a picture of. When you first go into the stretching room watch the photo of Master Gracey as it ages. Quickly at the end there is a hidden JS in his skull, above the bridge of his nose, just above the eye-line. This was the best picture I got. Though it's not fully formed yet, I did circle where he appears:

Again, not the best but hopefully that can help you to see it next time you are there!

Moving on, I did get another picture in the stretching room that also has a secret. Anyone want to know it? It's about this picture:

You see her during the attraction. She's Constance, the black widow bride in the attic! George has an ax in his head, which is what she used. That George is George Hightower, the owner of the mansion that is the Haunted Mansion. She is holding a rose on his grave, and has one in her hand in the attic scene took, at the end.

Once I was out of the stretching room I continued my light fixture obsession.

No pictures while on the attraction this time!

When I got off HM it was about 1:30pm and I was feeling pretty hungry. I wanted to eat at Be Our Guest so I walked that way. I got in line at 1:37pm and was feeling the heat. How hot was it?

That is the line in front of me. Those people didn't bring those umbrellas, the CMs were giving them out to help people shield the sun and protect themselves.

I had a nice couple in front of me in line from Chicago that were there on their honeymoon and were trying BOG for the first time. We talked for a bit. The line moved quickly though and I was inside and placing my order within 5 minutes. I did take pictures while waiting though!

I got to sit in the ballroom, which wasn't open when I had eaten lunch there in December of 2012. Holy mackeral is it gorgeous!!! I took a TON of pictures in there. Believe it or not, I took all of the following pictures before I got my meal delivered, which took less than 5 minutes!!!

Ain't it pretty?? :goodvibes And I was able to take all of them from my seat.

I ordered the Carved Turkey Sandwich, and it did not disappoint. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it's a long sandwich. I was only able to eat about 2/3 of it, and was sad I couldn't finish it since it was so yummy. But I did still have room for dessert! I had the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake, which was also oh so delicious!

After I finished my meal I got up so they could fill the table and walked around to take a few more pictures in other rooms.

I would be coming back very soon, so I left rather than continue to walk around people that were trying to eat so I could take pictures.

NEXT TIME: MY BAD LUCK KEEPS ON STRIKING! :sad2:

I have to agree with how great your picture of the castle with the pumpkins framing it is. I love that picture! Well done!

For waking up a little bit on the late side and just missing the bus, your morning seems to have gotten much better. Breakfast looks like a good time, and you really moved through the attractions well.

Thanks for sharing the little details about HM. I never put the Constance thing together. That's a cool fun fact to know! :thumbsup2

I always say this but your pictures were great! At least you got your entire head in the shot of yourself on Big Thunder. Oh and no camera straps crossing over your face making you look like Hannibal Lector. :rotfl:

I am with you on Tom Sawyer Island. We'll go over there if we have extra time on our hands but it's not a "must go to" every trip.

It sounds like Disney might want to think about putting some sort of cover near the entrance of Be Our Guest. The inside of the restaurant looks gorgeous!

I have to agree with how great your picture of the castle with the pumpkins framing it is. I love that picture! Well done!

For waking up a little bit on the late side and just missing the bus, your morning seems to have gotten much better. Breakfast looks like a good time, and you really moved through the attractions well.

Thanks for sharing the little details about HM. I never put the Constance thing together. That's a cool fun fact to know! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I was lucky that crowds were really low that day, so none of the attractions had long waits. So even with several ride "glitches" (with more to come!) I was still able to get a lot done in that time.

I never would have put that picture with her either, since she is young in the attic scene and an older woman there. It was an interesting thing to hear though.

I always say this but your pictures were great! At least you got your entire head in the shot of yourself on Big Thunder. Oh and no camera straps crossing over your face making you look like Hannibal Lector. :rotfl:

I am with you on Tom Sawyer Island. We'll go over there if we have extra time on our hands but it's not a "must go to" every trip.

It sounds like Disney might want to think about putting some sort of cover near the entrance of Be Our Guest. The inside of the restaurant looks gorgeous!

Thank you, I really do like my camera. And I was quite happy to see that all of my head made it in the picture!

It's a nicely done island with lots of nice little details, but kind of boring. It was interesting to see, but don't need to go back really.

Yeah, it was hot and that bridge/walkway is in the open so it was sunny too. At least the CMs had umbrellas to hand out, that definitely helped. The inside is absolutely gorgeous, you really need to eat in there!!!!

Hmmmm, was there bad luck in that update cause I didn't see any! :confused3 It sounded like you had a wonderful morning at MK despite it being a little hot.

Awesome pictures of BTMR and Tom Sawyer Island. BTMR is a great way to dry off from Splash. I have to agree with you on TSI, it's really more for kids. I haven't been over there since 2010 but maybe I'll take my big kid in May. :rotfl:

I have now seen Hall of Presidents on my last two trips and I'm hoping to skip it in May. But the DH is going with me and he loves that show. Maybe I'll use if for a quick nap opportunity.

Cool thing about the hidden Jack on HM, our guide told us a lot of cool facts about HM but didn't mention that one. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I'm planning on lunch at BOG this May, I've done dinner three times now so it's time to try lunch.

Hmmmm, was there bad luck in that update cause I didn't see any! :confused3 It sounded like you had a wonderful morning at MK despite it being a little hot.

Awesome pictures of BTMR and Tom Sawyer Island. BTMR is a great way to dry off from Splash. I have to agree with you on TSI, it's really more for kids. I haven't been over there since 2010 but maybe I'll take my big kid in May. :rotfl:

I have now seen Hall of Presidents on my last two trips and I'm hoping to skip it in May. But the DH is going with me and he loves that show. Maybe I'll use if for a quick nap opportunity.

Cool thing about the hidden Jack on HM, our guide told us a lot of cool facts about HM but didn't mention that one. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I'm planning on lunch at BOG this May, I've done dinner three times now so it's time to try lunch.

I didn't actually have that much bad luck in this update, except maybe BTMR stopping briefly. I messed up with using that teaser, I meant it to be the NEXT update after this.

Thanks. TSI is good for pictures, but not a thrill at all for me. HoP is similar to me, interesting once, don't need it again.

I heard plenty of other HM secrets too, but those were 2 I could illustrate, and I didn't want to spoil too much for those that don't want to hear them! :goodvibes

Lunch is just as yummy, so definitely try BOG for lunch if you get the chance.

I had no idea you had started this up again. I'll come back later and try to catch up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter