I think we're probably done with Remy's

detroitdad

DIS Veteran
We've been twice and although the meal and ambiance is fantastic, I just don't think the upcharge is worth it when we are already spending so much on the cruise itself. The $75/person fee was acceptable in 2016 but I just can't justify the now $125/person upcharge when we went this past July. Both times we went on Pirate Night since we think the menu in the MDR that night is meh and I won't go near the night time buffet or fireworks. In 2016 there were about 10 couples. I think I counted maybe 4 tops at any given time during our meal this last trip. Maybe the higher cost affected the attendance, maybe not? Anyways--$350 later and my wife and I decided that this money will go towards more spa treatments on future cruises. We've also been to V & A twice and have always thought that those experiences have been better than Remy's which is interesting since the American menu option is inspired by the same chef as V & A. Although the head chef may have changed since we were last there. It's been a while. Sorry for the rambling LOL! Does anyone else feel the same way?

We only do it if we are celebrating our anniversary while on board as it creates a quiet and romantically special dinner experience for us. The cost has no bearing either way.

Its kind of like a cabana on CC. We love to have one and feel it enhances our time while on CC so we are not really concerned with the pricing.

To each his/her own. I am sure you will enjoy your cruises on DCL anyway.

We've been to Remy once and that was enough for us. I loved the ambiance of the restaurant, but thought the food was meh. We have also been to V&A once, which we loved. The food was great and the atmosphere was superb (loved the harpist!). BTW, our Palo night is always Pirate night as well because we feel the same way about the Pirate Menu.

Remy will always hold a special place for me since I got engaged there, but honestly I find Victoria and Albert's way better. I've never had a bad meal there and there were a few dishes at Remy I didn't like. When they increased the price it went off our list completely. I keep going back to V&A.

We went to Remy's on the Dream in 2014, and were blown away. We just went on the Fantasy on our 11 night, and it was by far the worst experience of our cruise. Huge decrease in quality and service. We were so disappointed. I sent multiple dishes back to the kitchen, and the wagyu beef was overcooked and actually tough. wth? Never again. Sad to see how far it has fallen.

We went to Remy's on the Dream in 2014, and were blown away. We just went on the Fantasy on our 11 night, and it was by far the worst experience of our cruise. Huge decrease in quality and service. We were so disappointed. I sent multiple dishes back to the kitchen, and the wagyu beef was overcooked and actually tough. wth? Never again. Sad to see how far it has fallen.

Wow that must have been disappointing to say the least!

We were shocked to find out on our last cruise that Remy is not a Disney restaurant - it is a 3rd party "renting" the space. I have never been, and with the new pricing I never will.

They made some changes to the Pirate night menu we noticed on our last cruise. I thought the food was pretty good. I used to had animation night - the fixed apps/desserts were no my cup of tea, but now that is is your choice I think it is one of the better menus. Although that could also be that we've done 5 WC cruises in 2 years and they haven't changed the other menus much so it was a nice change ;)

We've also been to V & A twice and have always thought that those experiences have been better than Remy's which is interesting since the American menu option is inspired by the same chef as V & A.

This may be largely due to the fact that Remy's cannot get access to as many fresh ingredients as V&A as they have to load whatever they need on embarkation day. V&A can get new ingredients pretty much every day; it's also why the menu is a bit more limited and standardized rather than changing as frequently as V&A. I can't eat seafood and on one occasion at V&A, they had a menu item for me which was vegetarian instead of seafood - similar to the seafood course DH had on his menu. The server asked if the chef could add some bison to it which they'd purchased just that day after the menu had been printed.

We love Remy - we usually cruise on the Magic so I can't get a chance to eat there. Fortunately our next cruise is on the Fantasy so I'll get to indulge myself again. However, I do prefer V&A mostly because of the constantly changing menu and their ability to customize in advance based not just on your stated preferences but on files that they have of your previous visits. DH loves caviar and each time we go to V&A, they offer something slightly different. The server last time told us that they checked his files before adding an "international caviar tasting" to his menu as an upcharged option (which he ordered) since he'd ordered the caviar upcharge item at least 4 times previously and once asked about it even though it wasn't on his menu (which they were able to accommodate).

We were shocked to find out on our last cruise that Remy is not a Disney restaurant - it is a 3rd party "renting" the space. I have never been, and with the new pricing I never will.

They made some changes to the Pirate night menu we noticed on our last cruise. I thought the food was pretty good. I used to had animation night - the fixed apps/desserts were no my cup of tea, but now that is is your choice I think it is one of the better menus. Although that could also be that we've done 5 WC cruises in 2 years and they haven't changed the other menus much so it was a nice change ;)

I had no idea that they changed the Pirate Menu. It doesn't surprise me though. At our gold/platinum reception on the Southern Caribbean this year they did mention that they were in the process of updating the food choices at the restaurants and even the buffets. I noticed some changes at the breakfast buffet in Cabanas myself, like the addition of turkey sausage and turkey bacon.

I guess everyone’s experiences vary. We’ve eaten at Remy more than 10 times, and have always had an outstanding experience. On the other hand, we’ve eaten at V&As three times, and two of those were problematic. On one occasion, we were seated in a corner and service was very poor (we were ignored for much of the evening, as opposed to the impeccable service we had had on our first visit). And on another occasion several of the courses delivered were mixed up or served at the wrong temperature (i.e. medium instead of rare). These were fixed, but not really what we expected. We’ll take Remy every time.

I guess everyone’s experiences vary. We’ve eaten at Remy more than 10 times, and have always had an outstanding experience. On the other hand, we’ve eaten at V&As three times, and two of those were problematic. On one occasion, we were seated in a corner and service was very poor (we were ignored for much of the evening, as opposed to the impeccable service we had had on our first visit). And on another occasion several of the courses delivered were mixed up or served at the wrong temperature (i.e. medium instead of rare). These were fixed, but not really what we expected. We’ll take Remy every time.
glad to hear you still love it. I am planning on a solo brunch. I think dinner would be way too much and way too long for me to do solo but I really want to experience it, so brunch it is!

glad to hear you still love it. I am planning on a solo brunch. I think dinner would be way too much and way too long for me to do solo but I really want to experience it, so brunch it is!

Brunch was lovely. It's a bit more interactive (unless they've changed the format) as they have a group of people and the chefs come out and do a bit more explanation of the courses. It's definitely shorter than dinner. I still have very fond memories of the pata negra ham which was the first course. I keep trying to find it here at home but it's just not available.

We've been twice and although the meal and ambiance is fantastic, I just don't think the upcharge is worth it when we are already spending so much on the cruise itself. The $75/person fee was acceptable in 2016 but I just can't justify the now $125/person upcharge when we went this past July. Both times we went on Pirate Night since we think the menu in the MDR that night is meh and I won't go near the night time buffet or fireworks. In 2016 there were about 10 couples. I think I counted maybe 4 tops at any given time during our meal this last trip. Maybe the higher cost affected the attendance, maybe not? Anyways--$350 later and my wife and I decided that this money will go towards more spa treatments on future cruises. We've also been to V & A twice and have always thought that those experiences have been better than Remy's which is interesting since the American menu option is inspired by the same chef as V & A. Although the head chef may have changed since we were last there. It's been a while. Sorry for the rambling LOL! Does anyone else feel the same way?

I'm the biggest fan of Remy but we were borderline priced out at 85$/pp + a bottle of wine... A $125/person extra charge is just too much for us. With DCL raising their prices every year, I will never be able to convince anyone to have dinner there with me (DH doesn't want to sail with DCL anymore and my friends don't have that kind of budget).

Nope, I don't think we'll ever be done. We were a party of 6 last time and got seated in the Wine Room. WHAT a special and fancy experience. It was a highlight for our group. We got treated like royalty and had personalized service the entire meal, complimentary tastes, just the best time. Huge fans.

We did both Remy brunch and dinner on the Fantasy before the price increase. We really enjoyed the experience and DD still raved about it. But with the new price for dinner, I don’t think it’s worth it. We may do brunch again but not dinner.

Another thumbs down due to the increased upcharge. Feel the same way now about the Palo upcharge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter