I need help! What should I cancel?

mom2jms

Earning My Ears
Was under the very wrong assumption that I had 7 table service meals when in actuality I only have 6. I currently have 6 ADRs but what I have made so far isn't going to likely work. We get in on a Sunday and I was going to try and do a standby at ohana because I can't get a reservation there and I REALLY want to eat there. So that would make 7

I have 3 children and this is there first trip to Disney but also going are my dad and sister. Here is what I have

Crystal Palace lunch
Tusker house breakfast
Biergarten dinner
Akershus lunch
Chef mickey breakfast
Hollywood and vine lunch

The problems are these: the ADRs are over 4 days so that still leaves a day when we are at a park and no TS meal. Not a biggie, but my dad and sis leave a day earlier therefore only have 5 TS meals. I need to rearrange or cancel and figure something out
also, I have 2 girls and akershus would be the only princess character interaction they get. I'm still trying to get BF the day we are at Epcot because we do not have PHs and don't want two full buffets for lunch and then dinner.

If you had to choose, what, if any would you cancel? Why?

If you are only doing Epcot one day and have both a lunch and a dinner booked there, I would cancel one of those. Epcot has the best counter service options, as a whole, at WDW, so I would want to use one there for sure.

I think the food is better at Biergarten but if you are wanting to do the princess thing, I'd cancel Biergarten then.

I've dined at all of these and the worst food, IMO, is Hollywood and Vine. However, the CS choices at DHS are not great so I can understand why you are keeping that one. Personally, I'd cancel H&V and pay out of pocket and go to Sci Fi for lunch.

I agree with Pakey. I would cancel Biergarten and keep Akershus if your DD's want to do the princess breakfast. Also, H&V is not great. I like Pizza Planet for CS in DHS.

You mention that you have 3 children, and 2 are girls--so how old is your son? That might effect my answer...

But without knowing that...

I just wanted to ask--you mention that you have 6 table credits--you know that the character meals and buffets require 2 credits each, right?

Well, I would say Tusker House. Two bad experiences and I'm done. I love Biergarten so I would keep that one.

I've read lots of good things about 'Ohana's dinner so I don't know if I would cancel something else for it. DH and I talk about it, but I'm not 100% sold.

SOrry, I should have added that. My children are: DS7, DD5, DD2 and that's a good idea about Hollywood and Vine. The reason I was keeping it is strictly because the characters. My son likes Jake and the Neverland pirates (his name is also Jake). I didnt want to get rid of either of Epcot choices because the akershus is basically for the girls, biergarten is for the adults...mostly me and my dad (I lived in Germany for a while). Since we have 5 day tickets, our last day we are going to head back to MK. I changed our Monday ADR at Crystal Palace to Friday when we go back so that it won't effect my dad and sister. They are leaving in Friday. if we end up getting into Ohana on Sunday then we will pay for one out of pocket and my dad and sister can opt out of one of the other meals we already have scheduled...likely either Akershus or H&V

VAfamily1998 said:
You mention that you have 3 children, and 2 are girls--so how old is your son? That might effect my answer...

But without knowing that...

I just wanted to ask--you mention that you have 6 table credits--you know that the character meals and buffets require 2 credits each, right?

the only character that requires 2 TS credits is Cinderellas Royal Table. The others are only 1

I would cancel the Tusker house. It looks like you have a enough character interactions and keeping Hollywood and Vine and Akershus will take care of the girls and the boy. Chef Mickey I think is overated but you do have Mickey and I think its nice to do them all at least once. You also have two breakfasts so you really don't need another one. Its nice to do one sit down. We love Biergarten so would keep that one. I also think that sometimes there is a lot to see in Animal Kingdom and the hours are much shorter and it might take away from some of your time to see certain shows. Have a QS lunch in the park and QS dinner at your resort that night after the park closes.

Are your dad and sister staying in a different room? If you are staying together you will still have credits for them the day they leave.

I'd cancel either Beirgarten or Tusker House. I personally love Tusker House but since the food has African influence I can see kids not enjoying it as much as the adults. Epcot also has the best food, so I'd make it a point to eat at one of their quick service restaurants. Not sure you'd want to waste a meal at Biergarten. HS has the worst food though, so maybe canceling Hollywood and Vine would be best. It doesn't compare to Biergarten or Tusker House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!