I need help please Tomorrowland

adabob

DIS Veteran
I just went to DLR and there was a track type thing in Tomorrowland It surounds the Observation which sends out signals every 15 minutes and the book that i have shows a car type thing going around the track
What is it is it like the TTA at WDW
(Tomorrowland Transit Authority)
I wondered what it was but it never did anything
thanks

At one time the track was for the people mover. The track set empty for many years. In the late 1990s they put in Rocket rods, on that track. The track wasnt built for a fast moving ride (corners not banked right,etc). So that ride did not survive long. So, for the last 6 years or so the track has been empty again.

Yup, it was the People Mover....similar to TTA but shorter (less space in DL). The rockets were so funny...I don't think we ever saw them with people aboard, just them shooting them off empty to get the timing right....apparently, they never did.

I keep hoping they will do something w/it...even bring back the old peoplemovers.

We quite enjoyed riding the Rocket Rods when were were there in '99 and were quite disappointed to see them gone the following year. It was quite a popular ride. I remember that it was the longest wait we had. It was late Novemeber / early December and the crowds were low.

Becky

The track started as People Mover. They d/c'd that ride and a few years later it became Rocket Rods. My son and I loved that ride but it did keep breaking down and didn't last long. . .maybe a year? or two? I don't remember exactly. Now it sits empty and some talk of returning the People Mover - which would make me very happy. . .but don't ask why. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter