I miss the Podcast.....

Kevin I can totally relate to your post. It is that kind of thing you forget about for short periods of time and then remember. Thanks for taking the time to post. Cant wait to hear you guys again. I miss all of you too!

Oh gosh....how can love and support and wonderful thoughts and wishes ever come across as anything less wonderous.

I understand....I really do.

I miss the podcast too.

John and I live about an hour away from where Pete lives (and the podcast is recorded) and the fastest way to get there is a two lane (but very busy) road. With traffic, it can take a LONG time to get there and get home.

There have been days when the idea of being witty ...or even interesting seemed daunting.

But no matter what the mood going in.....the conversation started and you just became involved and interested.

I hope I use the right words to let you all know that this would have been even more difficult without you.

Y'all have given us a place and a reason to come and share our thoughts, whether they are humorous and silly or in this case, heartfelt and grieving.

I think this relationship is symbiotic (I learned this in The Land pavillion) and that we get from you, as much or more than we give.

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin-

I'm sure you've realized that we love you (not in a creepy, stalker way) and are all PATIENTLY waiting to hear your voices again.

I imagine if it were me, I might have a difficult time speaking through tears.

But then again - "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion!"

Having lost several loved ones I just want you to know that we all understand, at least in part, your suffering as well as your desire to move forward as Bob would want you to. The timetable is totally up to you along with John, Pete, Corey and Julie.

Thanks for keeping us posted and for regularly "checking up" on all of us on the boards.

Oh gosh....how can love and support and wonderful thoughts and wishes ever come across as anything less wonderous.

I understand....I really do.

I miss the podcast too.

John and I live about an hour away from where Pete lives (and the podcast is recorded) and the fastest way to get there is a two lane (but very busy) road. With traffic, it can take a LONG time to get there and get home.

There have been days when the idea of being witty ...or even interesting seemed daunting.

But no matter what the mood going in.....the conversation started and you just became involved and interested.

I hope I use the right words to let you all know that this would have been even more difficult without you.

Y'all have given us a place and a reason to come and share our thoughts, whether they are humorous and silly or in this case, heartfelt and grieving.

I think this relationship is symbiotic (I learned this in The Land pavillion) and that we get from you, as much or more than we give.

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin it is lovely to hear you getting some comfort from the boards - I want to thank everyone here for just being here really :hug: Even though I live thousands of miles away you are all close to my heart :lovestruc

Kevin,
Thanks for the "ramble"...I didn't think it was a ramble at all, though.

Although we all miss the podcast right now, we want you to take care of yourselves first. Everyone is united behind you guys :grouphug: and as I've said before, we won't go anywhere. We will still be here with you!

I too miss the podcasts. I think that is perfectly acceptable.. Because as we say we miss you guys, it's just another way of saying we care about ya' all.

It has been nice to go back and listen to older sessions, also. It was hard at first, but with each one I've listened to, well, it just feels better....

Take care of each other:flower3:

(P.S. Add me to the Friday night pizza list!)

I was going to say the exact same thing! Saying we miss the podcasts is just like saying we miss those IN the podcast, not so much saying we want you back making new shows right this second. I am a relative "newcomer" - I started listening to the podcasts back in November or so, so I'm getting my fix by starting with the first podcast on my iTunes list, somewhere back in the summer of 2006. I'll have to look and see if there's any before that that I've missed once I finish. It's so interesting listening to the older casts and noticing the different format, the fact that Ricky was there and Julie wasn't, and so on.

Kevin-

I'm sure you've realized that we love you (not in a creepy, stalker way) and are all PATIENTLY waiting to hear your voices again.

I had to reply to this one too- Steel Magnolias :hug:

We love you guys. I have no doubt in my mind that many of us will listen to that first podcast through tears, regardless of if the podcasters make it through without tears. Having said that, I still can't wait to hear all your voices again in a current cast. :grouphug:

Kevin-

Having lost several loved ones I just want you to know that we all understand, at least in part, your suffering as well as your desire to move forward as Bob would want you to. The timetable is totally up to you along with John, Pete, Corey and Julie.

Thanks for keeping us posted and for regularly "checking up" on all of us on the boards.

I wanted to say the same thing. We love you guys and just miss hearing your voices. In the last few years I have lost my father, and grandfather so I know how hard this is.:sad1: Please take all the time you need. We will all be here ready to listen when your ready to talk to us.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way!

I was getting ready for work & realized "Ooooh, it's Tuesday, new podcast!" Then I remembered that everything had changed. (I'm a bit foggy in the AM).

At this point, I want a new podcast so I can HEAR the crew, to know that they're dealing, ya know? I feel like I've lost someone who lives in the Amazon & I have no way to be there for them. There's no doubt in my mind that they all know how many people are grieving with them, but I find myself worrying about how they're doing.

Kevin, I'm so glad you're able to find some comfort on the boards & it's apparent that you're being incredibly strong through all of this. I hope the rest of the team is taking strength from each other, & I really hope you're remembering all the happy times you had together. I know when I had to do my Baba's eulogy, my goal was to make people smile & remember her the way she would have wanted to be remembered. I realized then that the good memories we have of someone are what sustain us when we're feeling the darkest.

Miss you guys, & hope we'll all be hearing from you soon.

I had a doctor appointment today and since I'm a teacher and can't just come and go I had to take the entire day off. I typically enjoy a day off (with DH at work and DS in preschool) by scrapbooking and catching up on podcasts. It's one of my most favorite things to do.

I realized today that while I miss the podcasts and look forward to their return, I think we will always miss the podcasts "as they were." Honestly, you can get Disney tips and info in so many places, but the podcasts offered so much more and that was personality.

I liked hearing the tales of how the members of the team had come together over the years because I truly think it was brilliant "casting" on Pete's part. While each member is unique and well-liked by all, I'm sure everyone would agree that the true humor from the show almost always involved Bob (either through something he said or did himself or something the team said in response to something he said or did).

While I look forward to the return of the podcast and am confident that it will be exceptional (as it truly seems like everything they do is far above average), I am certain it will have a different feel to it and will be very different from what it was.
Very well said :thumbsup2 Someone said it already but it bears repeating - if you didn't mean so much to us, we wouldn't be here caring about you guys. Please understand that. We just wanted you to know we were still here, missing you and thinking of you.

~Stacy

I too want to chime in and say it does not seem like Tuesday without a new show. Well most Tuesdays anyway.:rotfl: Just a few thought about recovering from a loss or struggle to help you all out. When my Mother passed away when I was 14 we got on a plane to Walt Disney World for a week. After I recovered form a Heart Attack a few years ago We drove down to Walt Disney World for a week, and a year latter my Father was misdiagnosed, over drugged and spent 6 months in a nursing home because of it. My parents got on a plane and went to Walt Disney World for a week. I don't know if you have ever been to this magic place but it sure does the trick for me and my family.

Jeff

Although I feel a bit disconnected from our podcast friends today, I totally understand their need to regroup. I'll be here with bells on waiting for their return. :)

At this point, I want a new podcast so I can HEAR the crew, to know that they're dealing, ya know? I feel like I've lost someone who lives in the Amazon & I have no way to be there for them. There's no doubt in my mind that they all know how many people are grieving with them, but I find myself worrying about how they're doing.

I feel exactly the same way. I want to comfort them and be comforted by them (yew - that types out so much creepier than it sounds in my head :rotfl: ). Hope you guys know what I mean. ;) And for the record: I am a relatively normal person with a hubby and a child . . . I'm not creepy rat (but I do love the Mouse) girl with no life. But dang it, I love the Podcast Team, in a non-stalker, non-threatening way and care about how they are feeling. :rolleyes1

My heart is so heavy, :sad1: I heard the news from Lou's podcast on WDW Radio Show and just couldn't believe it, I didn't personally know Bawb but I will miss hearing him so much on the podcast, I felt like I knew him and I always enjoyed listening to him talk......:sad2: He will be greatly missed and my thoughts and prayers are will all of his family and friends :grouphug:

I feel exactly the same way. I want to comfort them and be comforted by them (yew - that types out so much creepier than it sounds in my head :rotfl: ). Hope you guys know what I mean. ;) And for the record: I am a relatively normal person with a hubby and a child . . . I'm not creepy rat (but I do love the Mouse) girl with no life. But dang it, I love the Podcast Team, in a non-stalker, non-threatening way and care about how they are feeling. :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

I feel the same way!

I missed it this morning also.

I appreciate you listening to us Kevin and sharing with us. Everything else has been said that I want to say....

We are there for you.....

:grouphug:

If memory serves, I think there was one time when they skipped the podcast because a couple of people (Corey and Julie?) were away. Well, I missed the podcast then, but I wasn't sad about it. Now when I miss it, I am instantly reminded again of the tragic and sudden loss - and my heart is heavy. Kevin, and everyone else- please take your time, and do what feels right. And thank you for sharing your feelings and plans with us.

I just wanted to add thanks for posting Kevin... I will admit I have been stalking these boards the last week looking for posts from all of you as I know you don't know me but I feel I know you and worry about all of you... I understand it may be hard to come here but we all worry when we do not hear from you so thanks for keeping us posted...

Does anyone remeber the book Tuesdays with Morie... I fell like this is another version of this book...

I second that. I definitely want to hear all of their voices to know they are coping as best as they can. It's very comforting to see Kevin post here. I just hope Pete and the rest are alright as well.

Hugs and tomorrow is a new day!

I am looking forward to hearing the wonderful stories about Bob that we've never heard before. Pete touched on one when he said that if anyone told Bob that they were going to DW that day; God help them. There's no doubt that Bob stories will live on through infamy.

you know i miss the show too....not for the info but it feels like being home for a little bit and hearing whats been going on while i was out for the week on a business trip.

kevin i miss your reviews!!!!

and lastly im kinda scared of you guys changing the format. i know its going to be different. but there are a lot of podcasts about Disney and they really all sound the same but you guys stick out, and i think its because its like i said before it feels like im in the group with you guys i kinda like will...lol and when i get my voice mail played then i talk on the show as much as will ...lol... i guess all im saying is just don't change it too much. but i know my family misses all of you guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter