I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm waiting to get 4/24 when my hyatt falls off in April so I can get another UR card just to transfer to Hyatt. I'm glad I got the AS personal again for the miles, especially since they just made it unchurnable, but it put me at 5/24 for a bit. But I think once I get one chase biz I'll move on to others and work on MR's and hilton.

haha, im only getting hyatt for status... i currently sit on a nice pile of URs, ive been pushing MRs now as much as possible...
Plan for mid year is to go on the AA train... parents and I are getting a ton of AA mailers so i guess ill start collecting as many as i can...

Are you staying on-site? Will you purchase Memory Maker? How many souvenirs do you purchase? Do you consume alcoholic beverages?

An AP will get you potential AP resort rates, free unlimited PhotoPass downloads, and currently 20% in most gift shops. An AP will save you 10% at a lot of TS meals without even having to purchasing TiW. If you have signature meals, character buffets, and drink alcohol, TiW will probably work in your favor. Some resort QS like Landscape of Flavors (AoA) and park QS like Flame Tree BBQ (AK) will also take TiW. Just note that TiW will not work on special packages like the Fantasmic! dinner package or Rivers of Light dinner package.

I have always broken even and saved additional money by having TiW.
We are staying on site. Split at Movies and AKL Kidani. We tend to buy each kid one souvenir per trip and I usually find something I can't live without. My MIL may have a few drinks, but this time I will not be partaking, and my DH doesn't drink. We would buy Memory Maker if I do not upgrade. I was considering that in my costs. I am currently estimating high at about $1900 at the meals we have reserved. We have always had the dining plan in the past and planned this time on trying to be semi frugal with our meals by sharing, having an app instead, as much as possible. We did however book two big event meals, California Grill Brunch and Cinderella's Royal Table for my DD's birthday.

Thanks! Thats not bad at all. Easiest money I've ever made.
I watched my bonuses like a hawk in the beginning Chase checking and Discover were very quick - then I did A bunch more and when my last one posted yesterday I had practically forgotten about it!!!
Ten debit purchases and $5000+ deposited in PNC (some recycled), now to wait for the bonus. Once the bonus hits I can change the account to the free version, correct? I have to look that part up again.

Is it a bad idea to do this for dh and fund it using his SW Biz to partially meet MSR? I can meet it eventually without the bank funding, just thought I could knock out two things in one maybe. Assuming, of course, opening a second PNC account at the same address is doable.

I've given up on Varo, no bonus and no referral link. I'll just leave the account open for a few months and close it. It's useless to me.
I felt like it took a bit to hit the bonus. I think the lowest account you can do is $500 before a fee. Then you can close after 6 months. I’m keeping them because the savings account has a high interest rate.

You should be able to open them for DH. I had no problem opening mine but when I tried for DH I got hung up on the verification even though I’m pretty sure we got all the questions right. Haven’t tried again

We are staying on site. Split at Movies and AKL Kidani. We tend to buy each kid one souvenir per trip and I usually find something I can't live without. My MIL may have a few drinks, but this time I will not be partaking, and my DH doesn't drink. We would buy Memory Maker if I do not upgrade. I was considering that in my costs. I am currently estimating high at about $1900 at the meals we have reserved. We have always had the dining plan in the past and planned this time on trying to be semi frugal with our meals by sharing, having an app instead, as much as possible. We did however book two big event meals, California Grill Brunch and Cinderella's Royal Table for my DD's birthday.
The actual 10-day ticket price will depend on your first day of use, if you plan on adding the park hopper or flex option, and where/how it was purchased.

Let’s say a non-hopper 10-day is about $475 and a 10-day hopper is about $555. A platinum pass will cost about $952.

$477 to break even for 10-day single park
$397 to break even for 10-day hopper

$308 after Memory Maker adjustment
$228 after Memory Maker adjustment

Let’s say you just go with the 10% standard on your $1900 estimate. You will save $190. You’re $120 away from breaking even or $38 depending on the ticket.

With TiW you would be $78 away with a single day ticket or save $2 with a hopper.

The possible resort discount and 20% off merchandise would also help.

If you’re doing single park day tickets, I would really crunch the numbers again and check your estimate because it may take a decent amount of work to save a few $. If you plan on using a park hopper ticket, I think you will be able to save enough to justify it easier.

I’ve always done a dining plan calculation to see if it would work for my family. We too like to share things or maybe get a whole bunch of appetizers for dinner. Not being on the dining plan will be freeing for you!

i just went for the hyatt card cuz u know... lifes too short.
got a "we will let u know"

called anyways and its at 2 weeks... strange that i didnt get the 30 days first... :\
guess ill wait it out until monday, seems like they dont approve on weekend.

some reason i always find myself apply on weekend. lol. got 2 days to wonder what may happen...

Last edited:
I need some Disney money advice, not necessarily credit card but you are all so smart with this stuff. We will be there for 10 days as a party of 8. No dining plan, we do prefer to have a good amount of sit down meals. I have 6 made so far and am watching for a few more. Would it make sense for me to upgrade my ticket to an annual pass and buy Tables in Wonderland? I have been working the numbers and it appears we are close to breaking even with our sit down meals. I didn't realize TIW doesn't work for counter service so now I am second guessing if it would be a money saver for us or not.
What is the number of adults and kids? I would upgrade one ticket to an AP. You get a discount with the AP. Look at the amount you would save between the AP and TIW discounts. Every time I ran our numbers TIW wouldn’t save us enough to break even. We are 2 adults and 3 kids. Another option since you are doing a split stay if you can do the DP on part of your trip. Also are you doing two rooms or one? If two then you could do the DP on one room.

Wow I could never live that far from a grocery store
Yeah used to be 15 minutes then we moved 20 minutes further south. But it’s worth it to let the kids play outside and not worry about cars.

Got caught up in the AMEX staples chargebacks. They caught that DH got credit for both his own biz card plus his employee card attached to my account :headache: So far they're at $65, but we pretty much maxed it on both cards. Ah well, mainly I'm annoyed because I thought we were in the clear by now.
Ok I think I got busy and missed some news here this week....what's happening at staples with Amex? and what is that Amazon deal everyone's discussing?

I recommended this offer to my aunt b/c she is not going to open two SW cards, and definitely not a biz one. I've been trying to get her to open a CIP for a couple of years and she just won't pull the trigger. She loves UR's but something about a biz card bothers her. So, this latest SW offer is good for someone like her. She isn't going to attain CP any other way, so why not get it with one card, even if only for less than a year and only 30k points??
I guess it'll work for some people, but I'm thinking it's a way for Chase to limit the 2 year CP's that are starting now(and everyones thinking about them and blogging) since if someone goes for this low hanging fruit, they're locked into less than a year CP at best (most people will get way less) and then the 24 months no more bonus rules...locking a larger group out longer and thus saving them reward money over a longer period. (that's just my thinking)

we get a bonus long weekend in FL next month with some family.... yahoo! I wasn't expecting to go anywhere for a while since we just did HI... points save the day again! SWA flights all set(one will come off after we get CP very soon) and the Hyatt points thing....:love: oh my! I wish I had been paying better attention to the Hyatt love in the past year.... The rooms we wanted were 22k points on UR portal, so we did the transfer/book on their site trick for 8k per night:cool1: love it! I love it when a last minute plan comes together.....

That’s not a DD or MDD.

You won’t want to apply for a Hyatt until you find out you’re approved for the CIP. Otherwise, if it hasn’t been manually reviewed (which most Chase Biz cards are), they’ll deny you for 1/30.

What’s your 5/24? And if you want a Hyatt, I’d grab it before the signup drops on 1/10
so if P2 has been approved for the CIP,am are we safe to app for the Hyatt cc thru the link?(gonna try for that 60k)

Just did the $15 off $60 Chase deal on Amazon. First time I’ve gotten it to work for me! I bought a $60 Landry’s GC. DH has already asked that we eat at Yak and Yeti in September and we will need to save up some of our table service meals to eat at Cali Grill one night. Plus, September is BIL’s birthday month so I’m going to sign up for the birthday discount. DH and I know to split meals at Y&Y since the portions are HUGE, so between the GC and birthday discount, it should be very little OOP.

A1: yes. either way works. DH can refer you and refer himself. I did this twice already. As long as its not a co brand though. ie SPG can only refer SPG. (i cannot confirm Hilton though). Amex cards (ie amex plat, amex bbp can refer to any cards). Your best bet though is to find which card that gives u the highest referral bonus and refer. i believe the business gold card is 20k, BBP and Amex Plat Biz are 15k.

A2: unless u still care about chase, go get your hilton aspire. if u care about chase, go for a chase card first... your DH should be good with chase cards for awhile though.

Thanks for your response. I guess I will have to do some more research and see if this is also the case with Hilton.

I already did a Chase double dip last May, so I am good there, as well as a store card that saved us $$$ when we were buying a bunch of furniture in October. DH is still open for Chase Sapphire, but we are interested in some of the Hilton perks right now so one of us will get the Amex (If I apply, I will be 4/12, and if he applies he will be 3/24, but 2/24 by June). We would like to go for a SW CP in early 2019, and only DH has a business, so we are trying to leave those spots open for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter