I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I have been a bad girl. No new cc's for you Alice. I keep telling myself it's no big deal but it is :( I want the new BoA card, the Discover IT, the Freedom cards and I want to start exploring AMEX, stinks to be grounded.

I'm grounded too at 6/24. I've decided to wait until I am under 5/24 before getting any other cards. It seems that my Hawaii plans have me considering a Chase Hyatt and maybe a United card. My dh is 5/24 right now too so I'm just twiddling my thumbs in time out :(

Seemed I tweeted that and only got 50 points...

what did u tweet exactly?

edit:
3881bcfa-fb6b-41f2-a420-c2fa97835d50
3881bcfa-fb6b-41f2-a420-c2fa97835d50
EhIOgzP.png

I feel like I have been a bad girl. No new cc's for you Alice. I keep telling myself it's no big deal but it is :( I want the new BoA card, the Discover IT, the Freedom cards and I want to start exploring AMEX, stinks to be grounded.

I'm grounded too at 6/24. I've decided to wait until I am under 5/24 before getting any other cards. It seems that my Hawaii plans have me considering a Chase Hyatt and maybe a United card. My dh is 5/24 right now too so I'm just twiddling my thumbs in time out :(

Silver linings: You have credit cards to look forward to getting. Sitting at LOL/24 not a whole lot is exciting and everything seems "Meh, should I bother?" I miss the excitement of starting out.

experian.... I kind of got lost last week.... what is the recommended advice for any of this? Should I be freezing all my reports? or just watching thru Credit Karma?

Ok so the bot I set up to tweet for Marriott sent out the tweet but it didn't credit me the points. I then copied the tweet and tweeted again and got the points instantly. Could it be possible Marriott knows I'm using a bot?

Last edited:

Ok so the bot I set up to tweet for Marriott sent out the tweet but it didn't credit me the points. I then copied the tweet and tweeted again and got the points instantly. Could it be possible Marriott knows I'm use a bot?

I also had the same issue this morning. Worked fine yesterday, the first day I had it set up, but not today.

It's very weird. I'll keep you updated if it works tomorrow. I'm thinking they know somehow a bot sent the tweet.

I deleted the tweet and retweeted just now. My Marriott points were taking about 30 minutes to update the other night when I first set it up, so we'll see if it changes here in a few.

ETA: Just updated and I received the 50 points after deleting and retweeting.

Last edited:
experian.... I kind of got lost last week.... what is the recommended advice for any of this? Should I be freezing all my reports? or just watching thru Credit Karma?

Discover if you have one also does monitoring. If your not gonna apply for a card any time soon, then you could do a credit freeze. Im not sure how that works though since congress just recently passed a bill saying free credit freezes for all.

I also had the same issue this morning. Worked fine yesterday, the first day I had it set up, but not today.

its been working well for me for a few days. today didnt work for me either... i did what @DisneyMandC said, delete and retweet and i got the response instantly. i dont think they know its a bot as it posts as if your human...

My Marriott tweets were set up right to post at Marriott rewards, but I noticed the past couple days it was tweeting at me not at Marriott rewards. I checked my ifttn and it's set up correctly no idea why it's not posting correctly

Edit: actually I have no idea. Ones I got credit for I don't see the @ Marriott rewards just see it on my twitter wall. I'm so twitter illiterate I have no idea what it's actually doing

My Marriott tweets were set up right to post at Marriott rewards, but I noticed the past couple days it was tweeting at me not at Marriott rewards. I checked my ifttn and it's set up correctly no idea why it's not posting correctly

what exactly are u tweeting out?

what exactly are u tweeting out?

Thanks Marriott! #MembersGetIt #RewardsPoints #FindYourRoute #MRpoints #MarriottRewards

And that's set up to tweet at Marriott rewards. I've gotten replies from Marriott thanking me for the tweet as recently as 9/17 but not yesterday or today. I manually did it today after the ifttn one didn't get the response.

Thanks Marriott! #MembersGetIt #RewardsPoints #FindYourRoute #MRpoints #MarriottRewards

And that's set up to tweet at Marriott rewards. I've gotten replies from Marriott thanking me for the tweet as recently as 9/17 but not yesterday or today. I manually did it today after the ifttn one didn't get the response.

Here's screen shots from my ifttt which worked Sept 15-17 then not Sept 18-19 IMG_6058.PNGIMG_6059.PNG

Equifax. And depending on how much you trust the company your info may have been compromised a lot earlier than July as this came to light recently: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/19/equifax-reveals-another-security-hack/ They were actually hacked back in Mar, but kinda? maybe? ish. wasn't related to the latest hack.

Only you can decide if you want to freeze your reports :) I watch my reports through Credit Karma and just set up the Experian app to monitor that one, idk how that's gonna work- I'm still a bit confused on that one tbh- so I basically have all three covered now. I'm not freezing but I'm not recommended others follow me- everyone needs to evaluate it for themselves. Also remember there might be costs associated with freezing/unfreezing if you aren't a victim of ID theft so know what you're getting into there.

Regarding ifttt, someone on Reddit said, "I think the automated check may have been changed from 23 hours to 25 to prevent people from auto-tweeting at the same time every day. I'm sure this can be automated, but it needs a bit more programming/work than one IFTTT applet."

Regarding ifttt, someone on Reddit said, "I think the automated check may have been changed from 23 hours to 25 to prevent people from auto-tweeting at the same time every day. I'm sure this can be automated, but it needs a bit more programming/work than one IFTTT applet."
Mine were messed up today. I ended up stopping the applet

Can i ask a question about which credit card to open for cash back? I just opened the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa and will get $200 signing bonus for $1000 spent first three months. I got a TD Bank offer today i don't think I'll do, $150 for spending $500 first 90 days, it's only 1% cash back, i don't think I'm interested in that. Anyone know a 2% cash back card i can look into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!