I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an e-mail from Chase about "complimentary Gold Status" at Shell for fuel rewards through 12/31/19 earlier today. Is this actually worth anything?

My kids have missed a week for disney every year. They are all still alive. DD is even attending the university of TN. Pull them out. :teeth:
Yes! Let me be the first to say I think education is important and I very much value it, but missing a week will not be the end of the world in the grand scheme of things. If you have a Junior who has SATs scheduled or something, ok, maybe hold off for a week. But 9/10 whatever will be missed can be made up. I know this isn't the best defense either, but SO many people do it and there are rarely issues if your child does not have erratic attendance. If in college, even easier! Who doesn't have a syllabus with dates? Meet with the professor and work around what you will miss.

Enjoy your time while you can! If it makes your trip more affordable and have weather you like better DO IT!

Of course, my Priority bonus should post today :P But I think my biz statement doesn't close until 2/3 so hopefully I get bonus points for those.
nothing for me >:(. No one else's account is worth checking as they'll have have that many point post in that amount of time.

My code says it expires 3/5/19, and has the usual restrictions except that I don't see the 24mo. language on this offer.
I received this offer in the snail mail so may be different. I had to read it several times cause the 24 mo. restriction wasn't in the bonus section but all the way at the bottom and not where I would have thought. Read carefully.

I imagine so because she takes off for a number of last minute deals from time to time. I’ll ask her though. It’s kinda fun to hear the deals they get sometimes as TAs. It seems that when they get a Disney TA discount it seems equivalent to a CM discount. We have a number of good friends that are CMs and they seem to get the same offers she does. My retirement goal is to be a part time or seasonal CM at WDW so I can enjoy those last minute discounts.

Do you mind asking her where she sees these discounts? The ones I am looking at are through the TA site but 1) you can only use each type once per calendar year and 2) I don't see any way to set up any kind of alert. There is also a process for booking these that seems like it could be lengthy (and Disney has to 'approve'). My aunt is a TA for primarily cruises and gets a lot of specials sent to her for trying out new ships, super cheap and last min sailings, etc. I don't see any way to get anything like that for Disney so I'd be curious where your friend is getting the good deals. I think I am missing something :)

It's been a little while - this board moves fast so I pop in once in a while to read a few pages.

I just finished MSR for the SPG Lux upgrade. Now I'm ready for a new card.

I'm trying to get as many UR's as I can. I was thinking of the CIC (from DH referral if they do that) - but I have a Marriott biz and CIP. Do you think I could still get it?

Otherwise, what is another good option? I have CSR and Freedom.

On my credit report (Equifax):
SPG 03/17
Freedom 03/17
Everything else is over 24mos
I would agree with referring P2 to CIP.

Also - when you list your cards you should include all Biz cards and approved dates also. We know they don’t factor into 5/24 but it will help tremendously with giving good advice. One thing I’d be interested to know is when did you get your CIP?

Okay now I need some help lol. We were really excited for a CL stay at YC, but we could stay at OKW in a 1 br villa for about $300 less. Idk if the proximity to Epcot and the lounge is worth that $300.

We could also do the cabins at FW for $600 less or Wilderness lodge (woods view) for $422 less.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOO!!!!

I would say if you haven't done CL before maybe chalk this one up to a bucket list thing and splurge. I LOVE the Epcot area resorts and, especially kid less, being able to leave your room and stroll over to Epcot is amazing and worth some extra cost for sure. Personally the WL never has appealed to me because I live in the Pacific NW so it's a little 'meh' for me--plus no walking from resorts. The cabins are extra not appealing for me. I have stayed there once as a teenager. I feel like you lose some of that onsite Disney deluxe magic when you are in your own little isolated cabins. Not to mention I could have even nicer cabin lodging an hour or two drive for a third of the cost. That's why I have been hesitant to pull the trigger on staying at the THV's. It would be a smart use of points when we travel with all of our friends but I like the more resort vibe from the other places.

Yes, QS, but we find out the location next Monday, hopefully. She hopes for a park.

Well, looking at it glass half full, if she doesn't get a cool park location at least she would probably retain some of that excitement everytime she went to the parks, right? I can't help but think it would dull that "OMG Disney!!" feeling when you walk through the turn styles if you work there everyday. But if she gets a park location..."OMG Disney!" :flower1:

Also @Judique I managed to fix my gift card issue!! The CM was super helpful and said she could see just the last 4 digits of the giftcard but could access it enough to apply the remaining funds towards my next years dues. That was completely OK with me!!! I didn't press for trying to get the cardnumber further because I was just so happy to not lose that 160 bucks I didn't care. :woohoo:
It definitely is a good reminder to be a little more cautious about gift cards and such. I am sure we acquire more gift cards then most people to take advantage of deals but it only takes losing one to make all that extra work not worth it! Unfortunately I get this panicky awkwardness whenever I am using/buying/converting gift cards so end up just cramming the card used in the first available pocket I can so I can get out of there. I do the same thing going through TSA lines at the airports which is how I have ended up losing my drivers license on more than once occasion :oops:

Didn't want anyone to miss this, that's going for SW CP. Hopefully that will work for extra free points.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targ...have-10000-25000-points-post-to-your-account/

Of course, my Priority bonus should post today :P But I think my biz statement doesn't close until 2/3 so hopefully I get bonus points for those.

Has anyone here been targeted for this? I don't see anything when I log in to my account.

I *ahem* DH had it under the promotions on his RR account page. I haven't looked at mine. He only got his SW CCs in Nov and Dec. Actually I went and looked, and I have it to. You have to click to register also. Both of us got the 10k point offer. I only care because of his sign up bonuses.

Thanks! I was looking for an email. He had it under Promotions. I don't though.

It’s not in my account either

Thank you for this! I read that post on DoC before but not thoroughly I guess, because I thought it would be an email from Southwest. I checked my SW account and saw the 10k offer on my account under Promotions (I never get promotions, so this was a surprise). Like you, I've already met the spend on one of my SW cards, but my SW Priority doesn't close until 2/3, so fingers crossed that we get the bonus on top of the signup bonus (even though the fine print excludes it).

I was...the 10k one.

Yay, dh was registered for this and he should get 110k posting here soon :D

DH had this under promotions in his SW account (the 10K one), and I registered him this morning. I didn't have it, but DH is the one it will be useful for since he has 110k plus points coming from the CP apps. I'm not sure when his statements are going to close and when the points will post, but I'm hopeful he'll get something from the promo.

No choice. Well, not really. At the application, they have you choose things you are interested in, but she (I :rolleyes1) basically picked almost everything so she'd have a better shot. If she were to apply again I think she'd narrow it down some. She does have several years of working at Sonic under her belt, so I assume that played a roll in it.
They also assign apartment and roommates. You can request, but no guarantee. We find out the work location and apartment next Monday, along with her schedule for move in/onboarding. Then at move in we find out the roommates.

Looking forward to finding out how she likes the program. Sadly none of my kids ever applied but they had friends who did and it was fun to run in to them and chat (both worked in shops in the park -- one in MK and one in Epcot).

I received this offer in the snail mail so may be different. I had to read it several times cause the 24 mo. restriction wasn't in the bonus section but all the way at the bottom and not where I would have thought. Read carefully.

Good catch! I didn't see that part. I went back and edited my post. Thanks.

Looks like my Chase bank account 1099s are in the mail today. I wish my Citi AA biz would hurry up and get here! DH has a $300 order he wants to place and we need to do it sooner rather than later.

Also @Judique I managed to fix my gift card issue!! The CM was super helpful and said she could see just the last 4 digits of the giftcard but could access it enough to apply the remaining funds towards my next years dues. That was completely OK with me!!! I didn't press for trying to get the cardnumber further because I was just so happy to not lose that 160 bucks I didn't care. :woohoo:
It definitely is a good reminder to be a little more cautious about gift cards and such. I am sure we acquire more gift cards then most people to take advantage of deals but it only takes losing one to make all that extra work not worth it! Unfortunately I get this panicky awkwardness whenever I am using/buying/converting gift cards so end up just cramming the card used in the first available pocket I can so I can get out of there. I do the same thing going through TSA lines at the airports which is how I have ended up losing my drivers license on more than once occasion :oops:

So so glad the GC worked out for you! I know I would be sick over it and would be more than happy that it could be used towards a future bill - so long as it isn't actually LOST! So that is awesome, glad to hear it.

I got an e-mail from Chase about "complimentary Gold Status" at Shell for fuel rewards through 12/31/19 earlier today. Is this actually worth anything?

I think it's 5 cents off gas, per gallon. Problem for me is most Shell stations are 7 - 10 cents higher than all the competition so not very helpful. I haven't used it once. But my philosophy is to sign up for everything as you never know when it might be helpful (so long as it doesn't block you out from something later).

Someone posted this on DoC regarding the SW promo:

I got the promotion but don’t think credit card bonuses will work. Per the T&C:

“Bonus points earned from Chase on a new credit card promotion will not be eligible for the 15% bonus.”

Any input for next card for dh? We have 6k of spend in 4 weeks for some new windows. I'm done with his SW plus, almost done with SW biz, done with my Arrival+ and will knock out my new AA card with two mortgage payments. So, I need something for the 6k spend.

He is 3/24:
CSR 3/17
SPG 1/18
SW plus 11/18

Last 12 mos with Chase:
CIC 6/18
SW plus 11/18
SW biz 12/18

It's too soon to go for another Chase. Considering an arrival+ for him. I really love the money we could put towards park tickets for later this year. But it will also eat up a */24 slot though he has one dropping off in just a couple of months.

Is there another card anyone would suggest for a better cash back bonus for travel?

Someone posted this on DoC regarding the SW promo:

I got the promotion but don’t think credit card bonuses will work. Per the T&C:

“Bonus points earned from Chase on a new credit card promotion will not be eligible for the 15% bonus.”

DoC had this listed under his writeup...
<<Bonus points earned from Chase on a new credit card promotion will not be eligible for the 15% bonus. Last year this was included but sign up bonuses still worked.>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter