I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This was not that low but i think seems decent. I wonder if there are ever still rates that low? That’s crazy good!

I imagine so because she takes off for a number of last minute deals from time to time. I’ll ask her though. It’s kinda fun to hear the deals they get sometimes as TAs. It seems that when they get a Disney TA discount it seems equivalent to a CM discount. We have a number of good friends that are CMs and they seem to get the same offers she does. My retirement goal is to be a part time or seasonal CM at WDW so I can enjoy those last minute discounts.

Anyone slept on a DVC studio sleeper sofa? Yay or nay?

Everyone in my family has at one point or another and no complaints. It certainly isn’t as nice as the bed but doable. I wouldn’t recommend it for someone who is super tall. The sofa beds aren’t very long.

Has anyone here been targeted for this? I don't see anything when I log in to my account.
I *ahem* DH had it under the promotions on his RR account page. I haven't looked at mine. He only got his SW CCs in Nov and Dec. Actually I went and looked, and I have it to. You have to click to register also. Both of us got the 10k point offer. I only care because of his sign up bonuses.

That's good to hear. Did you call recon before getting an actual letter then to find out about sending in the copy of his ID?

I did make DH call recon first, but we also got the actual letter just a week later. Was told over the phone they needed the ID and given the fax number to do it. Asked if they could verify ID some other way (such as question verification - previous address, current balance on accounts, ect...the things that would be on a credit report - or text verification code to cell phone), because I had read somewhere that they could do that and approve immediately over the phone. No go. Required the ID fax. After I faxed it in, we got the actual letter in the mail asking for the ID (it was dated before we made the recon call).

I *ahem* DH had it under the promotions on his RR account page. I haven't looked at mine. He only got his SW CCs in Nov and Dec. Actually I went and looked, and I have it to. You have to click to register also. Both of us got the 10k point offer. I only care because of his sign up bonuses.
Thanks! I was looking for an email. He had it under Promotions. I don't though.

Ah, price for TAs, not the price you got from a TA. I've heard that can be quite good. Was the DCL website down? Working for me now with pricing. But very generally, under $5000 would be a good price for me with 2 adults, 2 kids in a balcony cabin, 7 days Caribbean.

If you PM me the dates I can look up the price for you to compare apples to apples.

Our most recent 3A/3K, 2 VGTs, was about $8500

What are these magical TA quotes everyone's talking about?!? How are they that low? We're going on our first DCL cruise this summer and I'm paying an arm and leg (and a few other body parts) for it.

It's been a little while - this board moves fast so I pop in once in a while to read a few pages.

I just finished MSR for the SPG Lux upgrade. Now I'm ready for a new card.

I'm trying to get as many UR's as I can. I was thinking of the CIC (from DH referral if they do that) - but I have a Marriott biz and CIP. Do you think I could still get it?

Otherwise, what is another good option? I have CSR and Freedom.

On my credit report (Equifax):
SPG 03/17
Freedom 03/17
Everything else is over 24mos

Didn't want anyone to miss this, that's going for SW CP. Hopefully that will work for extra free points.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targ...have-10000-25000-points-post-to-your-account/

Of course, my Priority bonus should post today :P But I think my biz statement doesn't close until 2/3 so hopefully I get bonus points for those.

Thank you for this! I read that post on DoC before but not thoroughly I guess, because I thought it would be an email from Southwest. I checked my SW account and saw the 10k offer on my account under Promotions (I never get promotions, so this was a surprise). Like you, I've already met the spend on one of my SW cards, but my SW Priority doesn't close until 2/3, so fingers crossed that we get the bonus on top of the signup bonus (even though the fine print excludes it).

For anyone looking to do a Chase bank bonus, DoC posted a link for the $600 combined checking+savings (or you could do just one of them) offer. You input your email address and a code gets sent to your email for you to open an account online. My code says it expires 3/5/19, and has the usual restrictions except that I don't see the 24mo. language on this offer.

ETA: I'm wrong, there is 24 mo language on this offer!

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-600-checking-savings-bonus/

Last edited:
What are these magical TA quotes everyone's talking about?!? How are they that low? We're going on our first DCL cruise this summer and I'm paying an arm and leg (and a few other body parts) for it.

Summer - I'm not surprised at the arm and leg. TA rate is only for travel agents (usually last minute i think). The under $5000 you saw me quote for 2A/2C in a balcony - I've gotten, but that was with an onboard booking discount (10%), Costco rebate, AND taking the kids out of school to sail in October. Really the last one is key to not pay an arm and a leg (though I know it's not possible for everyone). Anytime most kids are out of school is just really expensive. The VGT is a special discount, usually also pretty last minute I think - no changes, can't select cabin or location (just are guaranteed a veranda, or inside for IGT, outside for OGT).

Last edited:
It's been a little while - this board moves fast so I pop in once in a while to read a few pages.

I'm trying to get as many UR's as I can. I was thinking of the CIC (from DH referral if they do that) - but I have a Marriott biz and CIP. Do you think I could still get it?

SPG 03/17
Freedom 03/17

No referrals unfortunately for the CIC.....when did you get the CIP and Marriott Business...if they were 2 months or more ago you should be fine to apply for the CIC.....just look at your credit limits and reduce if needed

Want to hear a sad story? I paid my DVC dues with a gift card and the final gift card used had a balance of about 160$ on it. I didn't add it to my online gift card profile yet....and I have NO idea where the card went. I have searched everywhere. I am relatively organized so when something isn't where it should be I don't even know where to start. My gut is telling me that I accidentally threw it away :sad:.

I am going to call DVC tomorrow and see if it is at all possible for them to provide me with the card number so that I can submit for a lost card but I am not holding my breath.

I am sad :charac2:
Good luck calling member accounting. I had to call and speak with several managers to finally get someone to void a transaction. They can give you the beginning but I don’t believe they wkkk have the end. Hopefully your email confirmation has the other part of the gc number.

Anyone slept on a DVC studio sleeper sofa? Yay or nay?
Kids don’t seem to mind it. They prefer the single Murphy bed over the sofa pulled out though.

SPG 03/17
Freedom 03/17
Does P2 have a CIP? If not refer P2. No referrals for CIC.

Summer - I'm not surprised at the arm and leg. TA rate is only for travel agents (usually last minute i think). The under $5000 you saw me quote for 2A/2C in a balcony - I've gotten, but that was with an onboard booking discount (10%), Costco rebate, AND taking the kids out of school to sail in October. Really the last one is key to not pay an arm and a leg (though I know it's not possible for everyone). Anytime most kids are out of school is just really expensive. The VGT is a special discount, usually also pretty last minute I think - no changes, can't select cabin or location (just are guaranteed a veranda, or inside for IGT, outside for OGT).

Thanks for explaining. Didn't realize how much of a difference fall vs. summer was, nor that travel agents get such great deals.

Note to self: Screw the kids education. Pull them out of school and save a kidney.

My particular rate was the restricted rate deal DCL runs to fill undersold ships. I have used that rate on 2 different sailing. It saved us $4k on our December cruise!
You will see it listed as "restricted rate" and inside, Oceanview, or verandah. No changes, no cancellations allowed. Generally, but not always, they are released fairly close to sailing. My dec I actually booked in July, though.

Wendow is referring to a travel agent rate that is sometimes extend to that industry. I am hoping DD will be able to get us a CM rate on a 3 night and be able to take off the couple days at some point during her DCP so we can make up for missing castaway on our last sailing.

Thanks for explaining. Didn't realize how much of a difference fall vs. summer was, nor that travel agents get such great deals.

Note to self: Screw the kids education. Pull them out of school and save a kidney.
My kids have missed a week for disney every year. They are all still alive. DD is even attending the university of TN. Pull them out. :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter