I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted this on DoC regarding the SW promo:

I got the promotion but don’t think credit card bonuses will work. Per the T&C:

“Bonus points earned from Chase on a new credit card promotion will not be eligible for the 15% bonus.”

My thought is always can't hurt to try :) But a user on Reddit posted that they got it last year despite the terms saying otherwise, so it's a maybe?

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/ag7e3t/discussion_thread_january_15_2019/ee5lz94/

I think it's 5 cents off gas, per gallon. Problem for me is most Shell stations are 7 - 10 cents higher than all the competition so not very helpful. I haven't used it once. But my philosophy is to sign up for everything as you never know when it might be helpful (so long as it doesn't block you out from something later).
Excellent way of looking at it. I actually do frequent Shell just out of convenience. I can be so frugal on certain things, but I honestly just swipe my card for gas. So weird, I know!

I do not have a gas card (yet). No Freedom either so no bonus there this quarter. I do have a Citi cash back card with 5% back this quarter so that is better than the $0.05 per gallon, but I guess I should add my CSR to Shell for the future! Something is better than nothing.

Ooh missed that! Hope it works!
me too! But I have on idea when my bonus will post LOL, not sure when my personal statement closes and I already met the spend. And my Biz closes 2/1, so if they wait until statement to post, I might get them.

me too! But I have on idea when my bonus will post LOL, not sure when my personal statement closes and I already met the spend. And my Biz closes 2/1, so if they wait until statement to post, I might get them.
Kind of same here. I missed the 2/1 date as well. I already met the sw plus spend and statement closes on 1/20. I cannot tell when the SW biz closes but I've not quite finished the spend on it yet so I'm gonna go slow and *maybe* that one will post after 2/1.

Yes! Let me be the first to say I think education is important and I very much value it, but missing a week will not be the end of the world in the grand scheme of things. If you have a Junior who has SATs scheduled or something, ok, maybe hold off for a week. But 9/10 whatever will be missed can be made up. I know this isn't the best defense either, but SO many people do it and there are rarely issues if your child does not have erratic attendance. If in college, even easier! Who doesn't have a syllabus with dates? Meet with the professor and work around what you will miss.

Enjoy your time while you can! If it makes your trip more affordable and have weather you like better DO IT!
I’m a teacher and I agree with this. We took our niece out of school for 5 days and her teacher didn’t even have her take anything on our trip. I told her mom I’d help her do any work but she didn’t have any to do! She was in 4th grade at the time

Excellent way of looking at it. I actually do frequent Shell just out of convenience. I can be so frugal on certain things, but I honestly just swipe my card for gas. So weird, I know!

I do not have a gas card (yet). No Freedom either so no bonus there this quarter. I do have a Citi cash back card with 5% back this quarter so that is better than the $0.05 per gallon, but I guess I should add my CSR to Shell for the future! Something is better than nothing.

In the past you didn't have to use the card, just link the account and it upgraded you to Gold and it's Gold that gets you the discount. So you should be able to use your Citi card to pay.

ETA: Haha! I just got the email from Chase for my Freedom card. I guess I'll renew it again this year :)

No choice. Well, not really. At the application, they have you choose things you are interested in, but she (I :rolleyes1) basically picked almost everything so she'd have a better shot. If she were to apply again I think she'd narrow it down some. She does have several years of working at Sonic under her belt, so I assume that played a roll in it.
They also assign apartment and roommates. You can request, but no guarantee. We find out the work location and apartment next Monday, along with her schedule for move in/onboarding. Then at move in we find out the roommates.

Thanks for sharing. It’s interesting even though my DD won’t be doing it. I hope your DD has a fantastic time!

Any input for next card for dh? We have 6k of spend in 4 weeks for some new windows. I'm done with his SW plus, almost done with SW biz, done with my Arrival+ and will knock out my new AA card with two mortgage payments. So, I need something for the 6k spend.

He is 3/24:
CSR 3/17
SPG 1/18
SW plus 11/18

Last 12 mos with Chase:
CIC 6/18
SW plus 11/18
SW biz 12/18

It's too soon to go for another Chase. Considering an arrival+ for him. I really love the money we could put towards park tickets for later this year. But it will also eat up a */24 slot though he has one dropping off in just a couple of months.

Is there another card anyone would suggest for a better cash back bonus for travel?

When in November did he get the SW plus ...with a $6k spend...I think I’d try for the CIP since the MSR is $5k...easy way to collect 80k URs

I don't think you need a 1 bedroom, so I'd scratch that. Is there no cheaper YC room? I love YC/BC! Cabins, blech. I'd prob go WL for the $422 savings. That buys alot of something.
We scratched the okw idea and I was thinking no on the cabins too. There aren’t any other bc/yc rooms unfortunately. We did find one more option which is pofq. We love pofq and it would be $900 less. It’s only $177/night. I think we might be switching to that idea but haven’t made any decisions yet. What do you think

What about pofq for $900 less?
LOL, well, I loved that resort and $900 is a lot of money to put towards another trip. So, yep. I'd switch :)

BUT if staying at YC and being CL was something you were really excited about, then just keep that. When will you be back to WDW? Is it likely you will plan another trip last minute, or do you have another planned?

In the past you didn't have to use the card, just link the account and it upgraded you to Gold and it's Gold that gets you the discount. So you should be able to use your Citi card to pay.

ETA: Haha! I just got the email from Chase for my Freedom card. I guess I'll renew it again this year :)

Oh wow, didn't even think to do this! Thanks!! Stacking it up.

Looks like Chase is making its rounds through all the cards with Shell haha

When in November did he get the SW plus ...with a $6k spend...I think I’d try for the CIP since the MSR is $5k...easy way to collect 80k URs
He got it 11/15/18.

He has already had the CIP in 10/17 (bonus in 12/17) so not eligible yet :(

Unfortunately I get this panicky awkwardness whenever I am using/buying/converting gift cards so end up just cramming the card used in the first available pocket I can so I can get out of there. I do the same thing going through TSA lines at the airports which is how I have ended up losing my drivers license on more than once occasion :oops:
I do this too with GC deals! Cram it in, if I've used a GC to buy a GC cram it in and then have to check the balance again later... I'm glad it all worked out!

I thought I lost my license at TSA this past weekend. I'm always really good about putting it away quickly in the case on my phone, but for some reason I stuck it in random pocket in my bag :sad2:

Any input for next card for dh? We have 6k of spend in 4 weeks for some new windows. I'm done with his SW plus, almost done with SW biz, done with my Arrival+ and will knock out my new AA card with two mortgage payments. So, I need something for the 6k spend.

He is 3/24:
CSR 3/17
SPG 1/18
SW plus 11/18

Last 12 mos with Chase:
CIC 6/18
SW plus 11/18
SW biz 12/18

It's too soon to go for another Chase. Considering an arrival+ for him. I really love the money we could put towards park tickets for later this year. But it will also eat up a */24 slot though he has one dropping off in just a couple of months.

Is there another card anyone would suggest for a better cash back bonus for travel?

If your wanting to use it for park tickets, I personally would go for the Arrival+. It's very quickly became one of my favorite cards when we're not meeting MSR. I also love that there's a 70,000 pt bonus right now as well as the fact that if you can buy the park tickets during MSR time frame, it counts towards it but can be erased. If it was going to be the 5th card.....wait for CIP, but since itll be 4 (3 by end of march), I'd say go for it!

For those with the SPG biz, what is your analysis of the value of putting regular spend on it vs other UR earning cards? I have no MSR at the present time and I am mostly trying to focus the category spend on the highest bonus and spread the rest around on every open card. There are bonus categories on the SPG biz but I don't know anything about SPG point value because I only have that one card and I have never used the SPG points. I forgot about using the SPG for a month here and there but now I am making sure I use it every month.

He is 3/24:
CSR 3/17
SPG 1/18
SW plus 11/18

Last 12 mos with Chase:
CIC 6/18
SW plus 11/18
SW biz 12/18

i think Arrival + is the best option. Get that and him an AA BIZ (can AA points be combined?). Venture is a good card too for park tix but the bonus is better on the arrival. Then I think I’d wait until in the clear with Chase and get him the Hyatt card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter