I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@calypso726 I know you’re headed to Al Maha via award booking this year so FYI on the all inclusive or not saga. Hopefully not an issue for you! https://www.reddit.com/r/awardtravel/comments/ae973c/al_maha_to_include_meals_and_activities_again/

Oh wow! I hadn't even known there was an issue. I booked is back in September. Well, my confirmation doesn't show "room only" anywhere on it. None the less, I went ahead and sent an email to confirm it is full board and includes the 2 activities each day. Thanks for the heads up. I imagine by March it shouldn't be an issue if they are back tracking now.

Oh wow! I hadn't even known there was an issue. I booked is back in September. Well, my confirmation doesn't show "room only" anywhere on it. None the less, I went ahead and sent an email to confirm it is full board and includes the 2 activities each day. Thanks for the heads up. I imagine by March it shouldn't be an issue if they are back tracking now.
Calypso - has your stomach stopped churning finally after riding the waves?? Thanks for all those awesome pictures - probably the closest I’ll ever get to seeing Antarctica haha. Looks like you had an awesome trip :)

That is SO fun! I've always wanted to do a last minute trip. I'm sure it will be a blast.
We’ve done a last minute weekend before but never a 6 night trip. It’s actually really fun to not have to wait so long and it’s almost like a game to see what FPS and adrs we can get. We were able to get a frozen fp so I’m happy about that. Our only other park day is mk and we don’t really need FPS since we are doing dah

I don’t like any seafood but Dh likes some. Would you still go there even if you didn’t get fish?
I’d do it if I could get others to split the chicken dish. Main dishes are family style and serve 2-4 people. FYI they do a whole sea bass and de-bone it and take the head off right in front of you if anyone might have an issue with that pass the dish completely. The chicken dish is supposed to be excellent but we had 2 people with a dairy allergy and had to get it with sauce on the side and it was dry, people rave about that dish but I would only get it again if I could have it properly braised (it’s called braised for a reason!). You can scan the current menu here to see if anything is to your tastes, as you can see from photos “family style” definitely means “split it!” We had reservations via OpenTable but arrived an hour early. They couldn’t seat us but there were 4 seats at the bar and they said we were welcome to those so we are there instead of a normal table (all over 21).
https://winebargeorge.com/menus/

Search for a party of 3. There are plenty of openings!

View attachment 374619

Reserve the party of 3, refresh MDE, modify the reservation down to 2 and enjoy your Homecomin' ADR!
Omg thank you!!!!! I took a 1:45 pm and modified to 2 people. I never would’ve thought to look for 3 people. I try that for artist point too. Thanks!!!!!

What’s weird is it says it’s brunch at that time but you’d think lunch would be in full swing at 1:45

Hi,

Just wanted to get your opinions on using points for a hotel in Vancouver. I currently have 75,000 IHG points. I can transfer 5000 UR points to top up and use a total of 80,000 points for 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Vancouver Center Broadway (normally USD$346 per night). Or transfer a total of 24,000 UR points for 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver (normally about USD$401 per night). It looks like Hyatt would be a better value but I would use up more UR points than getting the Holiday Inn. I think that I should save the UR points and go with the Holiday Inn which I would need to book before 1/14/19 as this is going up to 45,000 points per night.

I appreciate your input! Thanks.

Hi,

Just wanted to get your opinions on using points for a hotel in Vancouver. I currently have 75,000 IHG points. I can transfer 5000 UR points to top up and use a total of 80,000 points for 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Vancouver Center Broadway (normally USD$346 per night). Or transfer a total of 24,000 UR points for 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver (normally about USD$401 per night). It looks like Hyatt would be a better value but I would use up more UR points than getting the Holiday Inn. I think that I should save the UR points and go with the Holiday Inn which I would need to book before 1/14/19 as this is going up to 45,000 points per night.

Unless you have a clear use for the IHG points down the line, I’d agree with your plan. IMO It’s always nice to keep flexible points (URs) and use program specific points first when it makes sense.

Hi,

I value UR's much, much higher than IHG points. I'd use those and top off with 5k UR's, if it were me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter