I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another dining post:

We are eating lunch at Disney springs one of our days. I wanted homecoming since Tim tracker said it’s his favorite but there aren’t any adrs. We’ve done house of blues and raglan road before. Can any give me some good suggestions for places to eat lunch? I’d rather not do Morimoto because we have so many Asian meals planned but if anyone absolutely loves it I might change my mind.
I’ve heard good things about Rainforest Cafe :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Edit: I should also add that my family truly enjoys rainforest lololol

Another dining post:

We are eating lunch at Disney springs one of our days. I wanted homecoming since Tim tracker said it’s his favorite but there aren’t any adrs. We’ve done house of blues and raglan road before. Can any give me some good suggestions for places to eat lunch? I’d rather not do Morimoto because we have so many Asian meals planned but if anyone absolutely loves it I might change my mind.
The name escapes me but we enjoyed the BBQ place...quick service and Dluxe burger. I also liked the Boat house/boat yard (again I can’t remember the name lol).

Another dining post:

I wanted to love Morimoto but it was a total meh for me. Can’t recommend it with all the other options in DS. Last fall I wasn’t able to get an ADR via Disney for Wine Bar George but I got one with Open Table. Unfortunately Homecoming isn’t on Open Table but as a Hail Mary you could also try a cc concierge for a reservation if you have a card that includes that.

I have been busy the last few days working on our Disney trip for next month and getting back to the homeschool grindstone after Christmas break. I can't even begin to catch up! So, any highlights I should be aware of from the last 5 days? :)
@Haley R is headed to WDW on a last second trip. Most of our discussion is helping her plan! We all love planning WDW trips so it’s been a lot of fun... :)

I don’t understand why anyone would buy Southwest points normally. Or even on sale. I thought it might be a good use for my CSR travel credit I need to use ASAP. I got an email that they were on sale for 30% off. But, nope, still not good deal. I might have to do the buy a flight and return it later thing even though it doesn’t sit right with me. This thread is good at making me cave on things I said I wouldn’t do. Business cards, I’m looking at you. (And now I have 3. Lol) I have about $150 left. Any other ideas?

I wanted to love Morimoto but it was a total meh for me. Can’t recommend it with all the other options in DS. Last fall I wasn’t able to get an ADR via Disney for Wine Bar George but I got one with Open Table. Unfortunately Homecoming isn’t on Open Table but as a Hail Mary you could also try a cc concierge for a reservation if you have a card that includes that.
We are staying at yacht club club level and I did email them today asking if they could get us a homecoming adr. I have no idea if we will be able to or not. I can’t use touring plans because I already have my two set up to try and get storybook dining at artist point

I’ve heard good things about Rainforest Cafe :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Edit: I should also add that my family truly enjoys rainforest lololol
We’re a fam of adults and tbh... we had a great time this fall! My Mom even told me last week “I wish Disneyland would work a deal to re-open Rainforest Cafe” (we went once years ago and didn’t care too much for it and decided to try again in WDW last year) and I went “I bet Landry’s could work a great deal to come back! Rumor says they gutted it so they could use it to test a bunch of new special effects!”

Would we pick RFC over Wine Bar George? Hell no! But we don’t have WBG out West ;)

Another dining post:

Homecomin is amazing! The fried chicken is good but in my opinion they stand out with their sides. The Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and biscuits were outstanding.

I also really like Paradiso. You probably don’t need a reservation.

The boathouse is good too. Obviously can be super expensive if you get a steak but they have cheaper meals. I got the burger and it was really good and not that expensive. SO and I still talk about the rolls they brought to our table to start the meal. lol we went in 2017 so idk if it’s the same but omg they were amazing lol

We are staying at yacht club club level and I did email them today asking if they could get us a homecoming adr. I have no idea if we will be able to or not. I can’t use touring plans because I already have my two set up to try and get storybook dining at artist point
I have to admit Wine Bar George was great. We split the fish and chicken dishes. The fish was our favorite and we talk about going back to FL just for that dish! (We are also a family of wine lovers so that didn’t hurt anything...)

How into Disney planning is your husband?

Reservation finder is available with a free TP account. I ask (force) other family members to use reservation finder when I need to look for additional dining on our trip. Would he be willing to get a text and jump to book?

Lol no way will we eat at rainforest cafe. We’ve been to the one at mall of America twice.
Have a couple kids and see where life takes you when at Disney springs hahaha.

Lol and I appreciate every bit of help!! It’s technically cc related because we used points for our southwest flight back
There hasn’t been a whole lot going on so it’s been an awesome discussion/distraction from work :)

We’re a fam of adults and tbh... we had a great time this fall! My Mom even told me last week “I wish Disneyland would work a deal to re-open Rainforest Cafe” (we went once years ago and didn’t care too much for it and decided to try again in WDW last year) and I went “I bet Landry’s could work a great deal to come back! Rumor says they gutted it so they could use it to test a bunch of new special effects!”

Would we pick RFC over Wine Bar George? Hell no! But we don’t have WBG out West ;)
I am legit a huge fan of rainforest cafe at DS and AK. We are so not “foodies” though. I won’t judge those that are but it’s just not our style. We have simple tastes for the most part and it works out for us :)

Homecomin is amazing! The fried chicken is good but in my opinion they stand out with their sides. The Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and biscuits were outstanding.

I also really like Paradiso. You probably don’t need a reservation.

The boathouse is good too. Obviously can be super expensive if you get a steak but they have cheaper meals. I got the burger and it was really good and not that expensive. SO and I still talk about the rolls they brought to our table to start the meal. lol we went in 2017 so idk if it’s the same but omg they were amazing lol
You’re making me sad that we didn’t get homecomin lol. I think the sirloin sliders at boathouse sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter