I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when you adjust your statement date...you really adjust your PAYMENT date. My payment date is Sept 4th on our CIP and our statement closed on August 10th.

IF I'm correct, and that logic holds...your statement should close on August 16th (with a new pmt date of 9/10) AND your points should be available to use on 8/17... I could be wrong, but that's how I'm seeing things for you. Hopefully it works out that way!
I’m hoping you’re right! We can keep waiting to find out. We are obviously getting a little restless and a tad greedy because we want those business seats!

My RMN Walgreens purchase that was a solo gc was denied. My ones with filler items either went through or are still pending. Think they are on to the gc thing......

I have made 3 purchases:

1. Bought just a Visa Gift Card and it posted.

2. Bought just a $25 Disney gift card, but forgot to activate the link again and it didn't post.

3. Bought just a $25 Disney gift card today and it is already pending.

Hope it shows up soon!

I'm noticing that the support links for the CSP don't include the AU bonus language. It's still out on the public offer, but if I use my support link it's gone from the infographics and the offer details. If you're doing it in-house, liks spouse to spouse, it still make sense to support each other since the 10k beats 5k; but it was nicer when you could get the 10k+5k. Outside of that might need to stick public for the CSP... unless you guru's can tell me I'm missing something.

good catch... makes me wonder if that was why the links were down a few days ago...

Well life happens and unexpected expenses come up! It looks like I will probably need a new furnace and air conditioner. Fortunately the company I plan on using will take a credit card payment so I should be able to clear both the CSR and CSP MSRs.

This also leaves me with no place to charge approximately $3,000 in Apple devices this fall. I know another Chase card is off the table. I do not want to risk a shutdown. I called Citi and it will change one of my current cards to a Double Cash card without a hard pull. The rep said I would even keep the same account number. I figure 2% cash back is better than nothing.

I know I was hesitant about business cards, but I see they are my best option to continue this new obsession. I am glad I got the CSR first because it really is the card I want and plan on keeping in my wallet. If I continue with UR cards, is waiting 6 months from my CSR/CSP double dip too risky?! A February/March CIP application will align with my insurance renewal so another easy MSR met.

Any other suggestions? I am trying to get a solid plan together with this new large expense.

I'd be kicking myself over that Dillards card too, lol! BUT you seem to have found a great path of biz cards to keep you busy. If you're trying to stick with biz cards your options are starting to get lighter. You could consider doing something weird and get a Delta Biz card and then redeem the points for a Target gift card (I did that one). The BB+ is a nice intro-MR card. It doesn't offer the greatest return, but gets you in the game.

I would not delay your < 5/24 timeline for a Marriott or SPG card at this point. I really like your plan to get under 5/24 in October and then May 2019 will be super exciting when 3 cards drop off!

I LOVE your CIP in November, CSP/CSR double dip in Feb/Mar. You could then do a CIC in May/Jun once those cards drop off. Maybe a CIU in Aug/Sept...you're still 4/24 :) Get a personal card in late 2019 and then in January 2020 your SW card drops off and you're back to 4/24 again.

You just gotta get that P2 to come around to help out here, LOL!

Thanks so much, that means a lot coming from you! And thanks for your thoughts on the future cards too, I hadn't thought that far ahead yet! I feel so grateful to everyone on this thread for all the help and ideas I've learned. :worship: Oh, and yeah, I'm working on him! It would help if he actually enjoyed traveling! We did just get back from a short LV getaway, using UR from his CSP for our hotel (Venetian, very nice room!) and SW points/CP. If it wasn't for the shopping and gambling I would see it was a cheap getaway!

Not judging...but...:sad:
:rotfl2:

Beatrice ( be-AT-riss) also seems tough for non-Huskers. And as a first grader I moved from (Newport News, VA just outside of Norfolk, VA (pronounced Nor-folk) to Wakefield, Ne 30miles from Norfolk, NE (pronounced Nor-fork). Like that didn't confuse me.. so why the different pronunciations ..well "Wynot"...more Nebraska humor...

when posting this I forgot I was about 20 pages behind so not very timely...lol..

Two things - first is my work has a plant in Beatrice and I'll let you know that we do say at correctly (at least in our office!) Second is did you all know that in Kansas the Arkansas River is the Ar-Kansas River? And of course Arkansas City is Ar-Kansas City (or usually just Ark City)? :rotfl:

I'm noticing that the support links for the CSP don't include the AU bonus language. It's still out on the public offer, but if I use my support link it's gone from the infographics and the offer details. If you're doing it in-house, liks spouse to spouse, it still make sense to support each other since the 10k beats 5k; but it was nicer when you could get the 10k+5k. Outside of that might need to stick public for the CSP... unless you guru's can tell me I'm missing something.

good catch... makes me wonder if that was why the links were down a few days ago...
This has happened before and the AU bonus still posted. I believe it’s happened on CSP links in the past and I know it happened on Marriott. Obviously it’s up to everybody to make their own decision but I’d have still used a support link without the AU language if the issue was presented to me.

Well life happens and unexpected expenses come up! It looks like I will probably need a new furnace and air conditioner. Fortunately the company I plan on using will take a credit card payment so I should be able to clear both the CSR and CSP MSRs.

This also leaves me with no place to charge approximately $3,000 in Apple devices this fall. I know another Chase card is off the table. I do not want to risk a shutdown. I called Citi and it will change one of my current cards to a Double Cash card without a hard pull. The rep said I would even keep the same account number. I figure 2% cash back is better than nothing.

I know I was hesitant about business cards, but I see they are my best option to continue this new obsession. I am glad I got the CSR first because it really is the card I want and plan on keeping in my wallet. If I continue with UR cards, is waiting 6 months from my CSR/CSP double dip too risky?! A February/March CIP application will align with my insurance renewal so another easy MSR met.

Any other suggestions? I am trying to get a solid plan together with this new large expense.

do u have a card list posted? follow the shut down rules guide... stay below 4/12, 3/6, 2/3.
do they take amex? there some amex cards with high MSR.

Ugh...on the unexpected expenses...but good you can meet the MSR.....I haven’t double dipped but I would think you should be fine with 6 months between double dipping and applying for the CIP.......it wasn’t a double dip but I applied for the CIP I’m May and just got approved for the CSR

That's what true churning is! We have so many newer people here that probably don't realize this but this game used to be the wild west:
  • People would churn cards every few months
  • There was no AMEX once per lifetime
  • There was no Chase 5/24 rule
  • People were getting 4 of the same BofA card A DAY!
Of course, times have changed...BUT under Chase's clearly stated rules, you can churn their cards every 24-27 months depending on when you last earned the bonus. You just can't currently hold that card when you go to reapply (so PC or cancel 30 days in advance).

This post was so nostalgic.

We would fly out of Detroit and into Orlando. I have crossed looked at other airports but the other airport flies out of Flint and into Sanford.

Well Spirit hasn't even released dates yet. Here is what you'd be looking at (at the moment) for the month of March on Delta.

Money DTW-MCO

dtw mco money.JPG

Miles DTW - MCO

dtw mco sky pesos.JPG

Return flight MCO-DTW money

mco dtw money.JPG

MCO-DTW miles

mco dtw miles.JPG

I don't know if your dates are fixed or flexible. However, looking at what is there now. I'm showing both because you may be better off mixing and matching one way flights on both UR (Ultimate Rewards) points and Delta miles. In some cases you won't want to use the Delta miles to pay for the flight but use them to book an award ticket. Let's say you were flying out March 10th. It's $214.20 if you paid that with Delta miles at .01 cpp it would cost you 21,420 miles. But if you booked the flight as an award ticket then it is only 12,500 miles. Looking at the flights as one ways may also help you choose dates that are likely to be less expensive if you are flexible.

If you use a CSR (Chase Sapphire Reserve) card your UR points are worth .015 so that $214.20 one way flight would be 14,267 UR points. The CSR will also give you a $300 travel credit so one of part of your flights would be free.

The CSP is the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I'd only suggest it if you are going for a double dip with the CSR which means getting both cards at the same time by following very explicit instructions since you aren't supposed to be able to have 2 Sapphire cards. You'd need to spend $8,000 in 3 months ($4K on each card) and there are some creative ways to do this even if you don't spend that much normally. You can always get Delta cards later. My advice, even in your circumstances it get your Chase cards first. You can pay with UR and earn butt in seat miles on Delta.

Thanks so much, that means a lot coming from you! And thanks for your thoughts on the future cards too, I hadn't thought that far ahead yet! I feel so grateful to everyone on this thread for all the help and ideas I've learned. :worship: Oh, and yeah, I'm working on him! It would help if he actually enjoyed traveling! We did just get back from a short LV getaway, using UR from his CSP for our hotel (Venetian, very nice room!) and SW points/CP. ]

Work on your P2....My husband is ok with me applying for cards in his name as long as he does not have to make any phone calls, his credit score stays high..it’s acutally gone up since May and the cc is paid off each month..which it is.
Since May we have accumulated over 200,000UR....by each of us opening a CIP, the referral plus spending....I have a 2 year plan laid out which I do run by the experts here before each move.

We also fly SW a lot and have the CP.....love having and I churn the SW cards to get it every 2 years

This also leaves me with no place to charge approximately $3,000 in Apple devices this fall. I know another Chase:sad::sad: card is off the table. I do not want to risk a shutdown. I called Citi and it will change one of my current cards to a Double Cash card without a hard pull. The rep said I would even keep the same account number. I figure 2% cash back is better than nothing.

I feel you on the unexpected expenses. I am having a bad week. 2 of our cars are having ac issues. The kids car is 12 years old and they said it needs new compressor for over $1000. My 9.5 yr old van ac goes in and out. Haven’t brought it in to be looked at yet but we are supppsed to drive 7 hours (one way) this week to move my DD to college so don’t really have time before we leave. And Friday my house AC died. :sad: I really thought they would say we need a new unit. And we probably do. It is 24 years old. But they said they can replace the motor for approx $300. So we will do that for now. Thought ok things happen in 3s and I’m done but nope. A huge storm went through today and now I see a water spot on the ceiling. :sad::sad:

But on topic- I was also very hesitant on the biz cards. I have been following this thread from the beginning and I finally did it early this year. I started with the SPG biz. Amex biz seemed less scary to start. I did finally go for the CIP last month and very happy I did. Good luck in your decision!

So we’re here at Disneyland for a few days, celebrating our big girl’s birthday. Got up bright and early for rope drop, standing in line at the turnstiles, and I didn’t bother to check today’s park hours! :headache:

@Lain, we’ll be there tomorrow until Friday. We just started an Adventures by Disney trip covering Hollywood, the Disney Studios/Imagineering and the parks. Your avatar isn’t going to help me recognize you, lol, but my family looks pretty much the same as in my avatar pic, so give a shout if you see us.

My RMN Walgreens purchase that was a solo gc was denied. My ones with filler items either went through or are still pending. Think they are on to the gc thing......

Hmm. Mine went through fine, and I just transferred the funds to my PayPal account.

And Friday my house AC died. :sad: I really thought they would say we need a new unit. And we probably do. It is 24 years old. But they said they can replace the motor for approx $300.

Was it your blower motor that went out? My mom literally just texted me that her AC just went out. The unit is running fine but it's frozen outside and running into the house and not blowing cold air inside. She's had problems with her blower motor twice before so I'm thinking it's that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter