I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got rained out at the beach but ended up taking the kids shopping for some extra new clothes. Went to two breweries. Dogfish head and hammock. Kids really enjoyed the hammock as well as the adults :-)

Downfall when working on a spend and places only take cash :-(

That's the worst...cash only makes me sad.

@SouthFayetteFan -If I could love your above post I would...especially since the CSR has kinda been your Holy Grail for a while :)

Good to know. I have just started with the RMN based on comments on here. I didn't realize that you had to reactivate each time. I thought it was good for 3x at each merchant. At least I am only out $5!

Maybe it is good 3x without activating it again?? I've been actually reactivating the offer after the previous one posts as payable. This particular $5 off $25 ends on the 15th. I'm really hoping they restart it, or the previous offer of $10 off $30.

Well you're welcome, sometimes we just gotta think it through!

With 2 Freedom cards, you can now earn 15,000 URs a quarter if you can max that out! AND in January you could PC your husband's CSP to a CF and now you have 3 Freedoms! You could even try to do that now...you might have to do the CSP => Sapphire => Freedom trick.

You probably want to hold on to that CSR for potential redemptions.

How many Chase cards can you hold? Seems like I have read about several people having lots of cards.

My RMN Walgreens purchase that was a solo gc was denied. My ones with filler items either went through or are still pending. Think they are on to the gc thing......

I did not know this. Thank you!!

LOL! That's for 3 tickets economy!! We live a hub so our only other reasonable choices are Frontier or Spirit. Blah. I just keyed in the dates and buying with miles.

Nope I don't have a clue what you're talking about.:rolleyes1

I don't know what CSR/CSP mean?:flower:This thread needs a sticky at the top to break down these things down for us newbies!!

We would fly out of Detroit and into Orlando. I have crossed looked at other airports but the other airport flies out of Flint and into Sanford.

I can help with the Chase references...UR stand for ultimate rewards...these are points you can earn with Chase credit cards...they can be used to book flights hotels even buy Disney tickets or transferred to Chases travel partners

CSR...is the Chase Sapphire Reserve card...CSP is the Chase Sapphire Preferred card .....

@danjoealexis3006 ...okay so 84,000 total skypeosos for 3 rt would definitely be do-able with you and DH both getting an amex delta platinum IF you can tolerate the $6,000 MSR (minimum spend requirement) for both of you over the next 3 months. Again, I rarely see awards go down so I'd do what I could to make it happen fairly expediently. If y'all went this route then the annual companion fare could be helpful for a 2020 trip (in the US).

CSR is Chase Sapphire Reserve, CSP is Chase Sapphire Preferred. They are Chase (of the infamous 5/24 rule) products and earn Ultimate Rewards (URs) which are a flexible currency which some very talented folks on this board can parlay into Disney trips (sadly, I cannot and have not). A "double dip" refers to an awesome cruise to Castaway Cay as well as a way around Chase's newest restrictions (can't technically hold both a CSR/CSP simultaneously BUT if you apply on the same day...you can). The double dip would require an $8,000 MSR.

I love DTW! Whenever I need to do a mileage run I fly there. I'm actually thinking of a Columbus Day trip :) #DeltaMedallionHostage

I don't know what CSR/CSP mean?:flower:This thread needs a sticky at the top to break down these things down for us newbies!!
So we're starting with a Delta Platinum card...earn your 70k Delta points! Remember - you can support a fellow DISer if you'd be so kind! I'll send you a PM about how to join our DISchurners group on reddit. Make sure you do the BUSINESS version - I think some of the folks helping you here may have a link over there ;)

Secondly. CSR...and CSP...this is your path to free tickets! I know I hastily dismissed the idea of earning enough points to pay for your room, but I really think you're going to want to lock that room in soon...and probably NOT wait until Nov/Dec. Once you earn your Delta Bonus, I recommend you do a CSR/CSP double dip (what that means is applying for both of the below cards on the same day). You need to apply on the same day due to a rule that says you can't apply for one while you hold the other. IF you decide to do this, we'll give you some more specific tips.

Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR)
  • Best Offer = 50,000 Ultimate Rewards (URs) for $4k spend in 90 days
  • Annual fee = $450 (not waived)
  • Add'l perk = $300 travel credit that you can get 2 times in the first year
  • Points are worth = 1.50 cents each (that's a big deal) through the travel portal OR transfer 1:1 to numerous partners
  • Assuming you'd use the 1.50 travel option here's what you get:
  • 50,000 bonus URs + 4,000 base URs (from min spend) = 54,000 URs worth $810.00 PLUS $600 in travel credits LESS $450 annual fee = $960.00
  • (I'm NOT including the benefit of free TSA Precheck or Global Entry but you could attribute another $100 in value to that).
Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP)
  • Annual fee = $95 (waived year 1)
  • Add'l bonus = add an authorized user (AU) and get 5,000 more URs (don't just add your spouse, let's talk about this one before you do it).
  • Points are worth = 1.25 cents each through the travel portal OR transfer 1:1 to numerous partners
  • Assuming you'd use the 1.25 travel option here's what you get:
  • 50,000 bonus URs + 5,000 AU URs + 4,000 base URs (from min spend) = 59,000 URs worth $737.50 less NO annual fee = $737.50
  • Also of note - If you apply for a CSR AND CSP at the SAME TIME you can earn both bonuses and then redeem these CSP points at 1.50 via the CSR making it worth $885
These two cards together will MORE than cover your ticket cost! Typically we'd advise somebody to get a CIP card first (Chase Ink Preferred - a business card)...BUT then they get a CSR to redeem their points and make them worth more...because CSR has that nice little 1.5x kicker on URs. Well you may not have time to get a CIP first and then get a CSR...because your trip is coming...and soon!

Both of these cards above also have links on DISchurners and you can support a fellow DISer.

I'm sure a bunch of this is now confusing...but hopefully if you re-read a few times it'll make more sense, LOL. We talk a STRANGE language here at times!

I may have missed this, but did anyone notice what they did to SPG biz referrals? I believe it was 7500 per referral up to 55,000 per year. Which seemed odd to me they would not do even number - you could get 7.3 referrals. Now it says 20,000 per referral which makes sense, they upped it 3 times but it still say up to 55,000 points. That stinks. Is that right?
Yep. Serious deval. It used to be 55k SPG, now it’s 55K Marriott.

That's the worst...cash only makes me sad.

@SouthFayetteFan -If I could love your above post I would...especially since the CSR has kinda been your Holy Grail for a while :)
@danjoealexis3006 ...okay so 84,000 total skypeosos for 3 rt would definitely be do-able with you and DH both getting an amex delta platinum IF you can tolerate the $6,000 MSR (minimum spend requirement) for both of you over the next 3 months. Again, I rarely see awards go down so I'd do what I could to make it happen fairly expediently. If y'all went this route then the annual companion fare could be helpful for a 2020 trip (in the US).

CSR is Chase Sapphire Reserve, CSP is Chase Sapphire Preferred. They are Chase (of the infamous 5/24 rule) products and earn Ultimate Rewards (URs) which are a flexible currency which some very talented folks on this board can parlay into Disney trips (sadly, I cannot and have not). A "double dip" refers to an awesome cruise to Castaway Cay as well as a way around Chase's newest restrictions (can't technically hold both a CSR/CSP simultaneously BUT if you apply on the same day...you can). The double dip would require an $8,000 MSR.

I love DTW! Whenever I need to do a mileage run I fly there. I'm actually thinking of a Columbus Day trip :) #DeltaMedallionHostage

Points for both the Holy Grail and Double Dip references (if only we count do that IRL like gameshows can, sigh) Totally on point today... ah that was an unintentional pun there, but seems to work :)

I managed the DCL Grand Slam but sadly no double dip on any of those trips. I think that gives me a new Disney goal, now that I thought I was finished until the new ships come out :laughing: That'd be awesome to use a DCL double dip to meet MSR on a Chase double dip...

I did not know this. Thank you!!

LOL! That's for 3 tickets economy!! We live a hub so our only other reasonable choices are Frontier or Spirit. Blah. I just keyed in the dates and buying with miles.

Nope I don't have a clue what you're talking about.:rolleyes1

We would fly out of Detroit and into Orlando. I have crossed looked at other airports but the other airport flies out of Flint and into Sanford.

It looks like SW flights DTW-MCO are just over 6,000 RR points one way pretty much every day for the next many months. Maybe it would be worth it to look at SW cards.

Is it possible to sell e-gift cards somewhere online? I have a $75 AA card that I bought with the airline credit on the BofA premium rewards, and we don't really have a use for it in the near future.

88%, will take around 10 days.

Points for both the Holy Grail and Double Dip references (if only we count do that IRL like gameshows can, sigh) Totally on point today... ah that was an unintentional pun there, but seems to work :)

LOL!

I managed the DCL Grand Slam but sadly no double dip on any of those trips. I think that gives me a new Disney goal, now that I thought I was finished until the new ships come out :laughing: That'd be awesome to use a DCL double dip to meet MSR on a Chase double dip...

That would be awesome...go for it! We have a DD for CC scheduled for next July but I might reschedule so DH and I can recuperate from my parents' golden and too much family time (we'd go on a 4 night with them then a 3 night blessedly alone :) )

LOL!

That would be awesome...go for it! We have a DD for CC scheduled for next July but I might reschedule so DH and I can recuperate from my parents' golden and too much family time (we'd go on a 4 night with them then a 3 night blessedly alone :) )

We're such enablers here, ya got me thinking about it #2020goals
(according to @calypso726 I guess I am totally behind, I'm still working on 2019's trip, haven't really thought past that. need to get my butt in gear! :laughing:)

Probably the only thing better than using the CC double dip to complete the MSR on the double dip CC's, is using the bonuses to actually pay for the Castaway DD. That might be #2022goals unless I forego my placeholder... darn 24 months rules are everywhere... but this may require some maths :teacher: :scratchin

So we're starting with a Delta Platinum card...earn your 70k Delta points! Remember - you can support a fellow DISer if you'd be so kind! I'll send you a PM about how to join our DISchurners group on reddit. Make sure you do the BUSINESS version - I think some of the folks helping you here may have a link over there ;)
Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP)
  • Annual fee = $95 (waived year 1)
  • Add'l bonus = add an authorized user (AU) and get 5,000 more URs (don't just add your spouse, let's talk about this one before you do it).
  • Points are worth = 1.25 cents each through the travel portal OR transfer 1:1 to numerous partners
  • Assuming you'd use the 1.25 travel option here's what you get:
  • 50,000 bonus URs + 5,000 AU URs + 4,000 base URs (from min spend) = 59,000 URs worth $737.50 less NO annual fee = $737.50
  • Also of note - If you apply for a CSR AND CSP at the SAME TIME you can earn both bonuses and then redeem these CSP points at 1.50 via the CSR making it worth $885

I'm noticing that the support links for the CSP don't include the AU bonus language. It's still out on the public offer, but if I use my support link it's gone from the infographics and the offer details. If you're doing it in-house, liks spouse to spouse, it still make sense to support each other since the 10k beats 5k; but it was nicer when you could get the 10k+5k. Outside of that might need to stick public for the CSP... unless you guru's can tell me I'm missing something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter