I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the 30 day message on both CIP application

We got the 30-day message with both our CIP’s as well and it all was good. BUT we got the 30-day on my dh’s CIC app in May, then it changed to 2-weeks, then 7-10 days and then denial :sad:

Ok. I’m helping my wife plan a quick trip to Tokyo DisneySea next weekend before her flight home, and now I’m wanting to stay at the Miracosta — Harbor View Terrace Room, please! It’s actually in the park?!

Oh wow!?! IN the park?? How awesome! Looked up the resort. It’s just beautiful!

Is your wife there for work? You don’t get to go????

Ok. I’m helping my wife plan a quick trip to Tokyo DisneySea next weekend before her flight home, and now I’m wanting to stay at the Miracosta — Harbor View Terrace Room, please! It’s actually in the park?!

Yep it's amazing, and we didn't even have the rooms that overlook the park. You walk out of the hotel, take five steps, turn the corner, and there is the park entrance.

We had such a great time at DLR! Definitely will go back another time. I also got to meet a DIS’er while at DL! It was great getting to meet someone I chat with regularly and who has been really helpful to me! Here’s a pic of us :-)

sN7psmN.jpg
LOVE THIS!!!! I think it should be your new avatar :)

I’m so glad to hear you had a great trip! Hope DH’s CIC app is approved soon so you can start planning your next adventure!

LOVE THIS!!!! I think it should be your new avatar :)

I’m so glad to hear you had a great trip! Hope DH’s CIC app is approved soon so you can start planning your next adventure!

Maybe I will make it my avatar lol! Next time we are at DLR, you and I need to meet!

We had such a great time! I fell in love with so many parts of DLR. Especially Cars Land and Pixar Pier!

Hojo was great!! Not sure I would have wanted any further of a walk. We do commando touring. After walking from opening to close, my feet feel like they are on fire! We did go over and eat at the DLH and now I really want to stay there. And every time we walked past the Tropicana, I kicked myself :headache:

Maybe I will make it my avatar lol! Next time we are at DLR, you and I need to meet!

We had such a great time! I fell in love with so many parts of DLR. Especially Cars Land and Pixar Pier!

Hojo was great!! Not sure I would have wanted any further of a walk. We do commando touring. After walking from opening to close, my feet feel like they are on fire! We did go over and eat at the DLH and now I really want to stay there. And every time we walked past the Tropicana, I kicked myself :headache:
I don’t know how you can do open to close! I always take a midday break and my feet are still on fire at the end of the day!

Yes, we really should meet up next time! Dapper Days at DLH? Just putting it out there...

It was amazing! It was totally worth synchronizing time with Tokyo to be online and ready to do battle to secure a harbor view room at exactly 9 am Tokyo time each night as those rooms are released. We managed to get 3 nights out of 4, Friday, Sunday and Monday. So we cancelled the Friday and booked Friday and Saturday at Disneyland Hotel club level and then kept the last 2 nights at MiraCosta. Glad we did that because the club manager made some pixie dust and got us reservations at Magellan's which was awesome. We thought MiraCosta Harbor View room would be a one and done experience but it looks like we are going to go for it again next year. Watching Fantasmic, (which by the way blows WDW and DLR's out of the water) from our room and not among the crowd below was incredible! That night, we had dinner at Magellan's, went back to the room to watch Fantasmic then walked back in the park to catch our last Fast Pass that evening. Stepping out of the hotel into the park is very cool! Initially I started doing bank bonuses to pay for the rooms but then wound up renting out some DVC points via David's DVC rental to cover the cost since it was faster.

I don’t know how you can do open to close! I always take a midday break and my feet are still on fire at the end of the day!

Yes, we really should meet up next time! Dapper Days at DLH? Just putting it out there...

We went back to the room on Thursday cause we’d gotten to DL at 6:40 for MM and had fp for the late F! And on Wednesday night, we ended up leaving before close. The crowds were just horrendous and we don’t do gridlock lol. Other days we just pushed through. I think since that’s our norm at WDW, it just feels like such a hassle to leave and then go back.

I think it will be a couple of years before we get back to DLR but yes, I definitely want to go during dapper days next time!

Last edited:
It was amazing! It was totally worth synchronizing time with Tokyo to be online and ready to do battle to secure a harbor view room at exactly 9 am Tokyo time each night as those rooms are released. We managed to get 3 nights out of 4, Friday, Sunday and Monday. So we cancelled the Friday and booked Friday and Saturday at Disneyland Hotel club level and then kept the last 2 nights at MiraCosta. Glad we did that because the club manager made some pixie dust and got us reservations at Magellan's which was awesome. We thought MiraCosta Harbor View room would be a one and done experience but it looks like we are going to go for it again next year. Watching Fantasmic, (which by the way blows WDW and DLR's out of the water) from our room and not among the crowd below was incredible! That night, we had dinner at Magellan's, went back to the room to watch Fantasmic then walked back in the park to catch our last Fast Pass that evening. Stepping out of the hotel into the park is very cool! Initially I started doing bank bonuses to pay for the rooms but then wound up renting out some DVC points via David's DVC rental to cover the cost since it was faster.

Wow, that really does sound amazing! I’m going to have to bother you to post how you made it happen sometime.

Oh wow!?! IN the park?? How awesome! Looked up the resort. It’s just beautiful!

Is your wife there for work? You don’t get to go????

DW is in Tokyo this week for work. I’ve got the kiddo in school and commitments here. DW has to go to Tokyo two or three times a year for work. Believe me, I’ve thought about redeeming some points and miles to join DW on these trips, but it’s not practical because she’s in meetings pretty much the entire time and her itinerary has to fit within company travel guidelines. Besides, it’s like Orlando-level hot and humid in Tokyo right now, and that’s a no-go for me.

This trip, DW has a small window next weekend to fit in a day at one of the parks before her flight home, and I’ve been encouraging her to check out TokyoSea on the recommendations of so many other people. She won’t be staying at Miracosta, but we are planning to visit Japan as a family in the next five years or so, and Tokyo Disney is on that list; and after poking around the Disney website, then TripAdvisor, I’m going to find a way to make staying at the Miracosta with a Harbor view happen. #travelgoals

Last edited:

Trip report, please!

DW is in Tokyo this week for work. I’ve got the kiddo in school and commitments here. DW has to go to Tokyo two or three times a year for work. Believe me, I’ve thought about redeeming some points and miles to join DW on these trips, but it’s not practical because she’s in meetings pretty much the entire time and her itinerary has to fit within company travel guidelines. Besides, it’s like Orlando-level hot and humid in Tokyo right now, and that’s a no-go for me.

This trip, DW has a small window next weekend to fit in a day at one of the parks before her flight home, and I’ve been encouraging her to check out TokyoSea on the recommendations of so many other people. She won’t be staying at Miracosta, but we are planning to visit Japan as a family in the next five years or so, and Tokyo Disney is on that list; and after poking around the Disney website, then TripAdvisor, I’m going to find a way to make staying at the Miracosta with a Harbor view happen. #travelgoals

What’s the per night price on the harbor view rooms? I’ve been thinking a lot about Tokyo Disney also. I’ve done zero research at this point though. Seems daunting to get a family of 6 over there on points.

What’s the per night price on the harbor view rooms? I’ve been thinking a lot about Tokyo Disney also. I’ve done zero research at this point though. Seems daunting to get a family of 6 over there on points.

From what I can tell, Porto Paradiso rooms start from $800/night up to $5,000/night for a suite? And Porto Paradiso harbor view rooms apparently fill up within 15 minutes of their release 5 months out, so I can’t even look at the going rate for the next five months. I’ve done some casual searches on the Chase UR portal but didn’t see the Tokyo Disney hotels on it. (The Hilton Tokyo Bay is available on UR). Not sure how it works for DVC. Maybe I’ll shoot for two nights, and the rest elsewhere in the city. Ha!

We had such a great time at DLR! Definitely will go back another time. I also got to meet a DIS’er while at DL! It was great getting to meet someone I chat with regularly and who has been really helpful to me! Here’s a pic of us :-)

sN7psmN.jpg

So it is true, @Lain got a spreadsheet on all of us... :P

It is SO nice to wake up in the morning and smile inside. I love this group. :lovestruc

Just applied and was instantly approved for the Chase Marriott biz! Thanks for the encouragement! Now I have a MSR for my DH's hail damage payment, and this will add to my SPG stash (or whatever they should be called now). I just hope it doesn't make it harder for the CIP in Nov, but that's a while away, I guess I'll worry about it then. I also need to lower my limits on my other Chase cards sometime soon, been meaning to do that but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I’ve been thinking a lot about Tokyo Disney also. I’ve done zero research at this point though. Seems daunting to get a family of 6 over there on points.

You can blame all the people who have plans for Tokyo Disney and Japan within the next few years: @calypso726, @Haley R, @DisneyMandC, @Calfan, @MEM, @JKalai, @MrPTato, @Albort and I think @Artygal90 mentioned it.

Start building up your MR stash. There’s good redemption value in transferring MR for Virgin Atlantic/ANA award space. You may want to build up more Marriott points and start looking at Hilton cards, too, for offsite hotels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter