I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they ever offer a discount on hotel rates the between Christmas and New Years? If so, when do they usually discount them? I know that this is a really busy week, but the prices at the Deluxes are crazy expensive.

Do you mean hotel discounts at the holidays at WDW? AFAIK, no. I've been eligible for military, AP, FL resident discounts and the week of Christmas/New Years is their busiest so they are at capacity. If Disney hotel properties have trouble filling, that's when there is a discount. So it's not a good bet to think there will be discounts at that time.

Ok dumb question of the day...when viewing FR site on rewards activity, I see a points earned section, but also a points earning on next statement..... plus the green bar. How do I figure this out? IS the 'next statement' earned points calculated into the bottom left note of what I earned so far,or is that added on after payment and points hit? I paid on the 21, still not showing any points added to the acct and it's confusing.

From the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal website: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/ultimate-rewards

You see "Available Now" and "Earning on Next Statement." Any points under "Available Now" have posted. I never leave any points that are "Available Now" on the CF; as soon as points post, they're moved to my CSR. "Earning on Next Statement" lists points that have been earned in your current statement period and are pending until that statement closes, at which point the points become "Available Now."

Click the "three lines" menu in the upper left, select "Rewards Activity." Scroll down to "5% Cash Back Categories." There should be a breakdown of how much cash back you've earned for the quarter. Divide the "Total Cash Back Rewards" amount by 0.05 (5%) to figure out how much of the $1,500 limit on 5x you've spent.

I made a gift card purchase at Office Depot using my new CIC last week. The rewards points are not showing on my account. Is there usually a delay between the purchase and the rewards showing up? Thanks!

Are you checking for this transaction on your account on the Chase for Business website, or the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal website? Transactions on Chase business cards tend to show as a pending transaction for a while, then disappear for about a day, before finally posting in the current statement. The Chase for Business account website is not a good place to check for points.

Log into the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal website: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/ultimate-rewards with your business account credentials, under "Earning on Next Statement" click "Review more activity," and you should see transactions show up there in about a day, with the points earned on each transaction. You can click on + for a breakdown of your bonus earned, but the points earned from Office Depot on the CIC should be a 5x multiple of the amount paid.

Thanks Lain! That is exactly what happened. The points show on the Rewards portal.

We have a Marriott Rewards that was opened in Dec. 2016. The upgrade offer we received is for 10,000 bonus points. Should we upgrade now or hope for a better offer? If we cancelled the current card in December, could we then apply for the Premier Plus with the 100,000 bonus points, assuming that offer is still available? The only other card we’ve opened in the past two years is the Discover It.
I’m totally new to this but have learned so much from all of you the past few weeks. Thanks!

We have a Marriott Rewards that was opened in Dec. 2016. The upgrade offer we received is for 10,000 bonus points. Should we upgrade now or hope for a better offer? If we cancelled the current card in December, could we then apply for the Premier Plus with the 100,000 bonus points, assuming that offer is still available? The only other card we’ve opened in the past two years is the Discover It.
I’m totally new to this but have learned so much from all of you the past few weeks. Thanks!
I’m in a similar predicament. My upgrade offer is for 20,000 Marriott points. My two year anniversary is this week, but my bonus wasn’t earned until 9/2016. We are thinking the upgrade bonus wouldn’t re-set the 24 month clock, but I’m not certain. So I’ll probably cancel and reapply this fall. But yes we have no clue what the offer will be.

From the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal website: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/ultimate-rewards

You see "Available Now" and "Earning on Next Statement." Any points under "Available Now" have posted. I never leave any points that are "Available Now" on the CF; as soon as points post, they're moved to my CSR. "Earning on Next Statement" lists points that have been earned in your current statement period and are pending until that statement closes, at which point the points become "Available Now."

Click the "three lines" menu in the upper left, select "Rewards Activity." Scroll down to "5% Cash Back Categories." There should be a breakdown of how much cash back you've earned for the quarter. Divide the "Total Cash Back Rewards" amount by 0.05 (5%) to figure out how much of the $1,500 limit on 5x you've spent.

Are you checking for this transaction on your account on the Chase for Business website, or the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal website? Transactions on Chase business cards tend to show as a pending transaction for a while, then disappear for about a day, before finally posting in the current statement. The Chase for Business account website is not a good place to check for points.

Log into the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal website: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/ultimate-rewards with your business account credentials, under "Earning on Next Statement" click "Review more activity," and you should see transactions show up there in about a day, with the points earned on each transaction. You can click on + for a breakdown of your bonus earned, but the points earned from Office Depot on the CIC should be a 5x multiple of the amount paid.

I previously moved DH’s CIP points to my CSR. Now that he has CIC points, do I also move them directly to my CSR? Or do I move them first to his CIP and then to my CSR? I remember reading several posts on different pathway issues but we only had one card back then LOL.

I previously moved DH’s CIP points to my CSR. Now that he has CIC points, do I also move them directly to my CSR? Or do I move them first to his CIP and then to my CSR? I remember reading several posts on different pathway issues but we only had one card back then LOL.
Whichever works. If you are able to transfer directly to your CSR, do that. Sometimes it’s glitchy and doesn’t let you, the try the CIC to CIP to CSR

I have CF, transfer directly to DHs CSP. His CIP & CFU transfer directly to his CSP.

Does anyone know if they ever offer a discount on hotel rates the between Christmas and New Years? If so, when do they usually discount them? I know that this is a really busy week, but the prices at the Deluxes are crazy expensive.

I have never seen discounts for the week between Christmas and New Years. Years ago (like 6-7 years ago), I would regularly get a "pin code" discount for the week before Christmas, including Christmas if you check in a few days before Christmas. This year, WDW is offering free dining up until Dec. 22. Even though I would prefer a room only discount because the dining plan isn't ideal for what we prefer to eat, I booked this offer last week because we can only go at Christmas and I figure some discount is better than no discount.

I don’t fly AA (or have plans involving their partner airlines), so AA cards have never been a focus for me and I can’t comment.

Are you asking about the Chase Marriott Biz? That card is not subject to 5/24, so you can go for that card with a current offer of 75k Marriott Rewards points after $3k/3 months MSR. It sounds like you’re worried it might throw off your plans to get under 5/24 and apply for the CIP in November. The Marriott Biz won’t add to your 5/24 count. Do you have any other Chase business cards? Several of us have 3 Chase business cards as a sole proprietorship, and funny enough they often happen to be the CIP, Marriott Biz, and CIC. Just keep your overall credit limits low relative to your total household income and space out your applications. Getting the Marriott Biz now and the CIP in November is a 5 month gap, which I think is fine.

Rumor is the current Marriott Biz will be replaced by an updated “Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business” card on 8/26, similar to how the personal Marriott Premier > Premier Plus last month. No word on whether the new Marriott Biz will be subject to the 5/24 rule. There could be an upgrade bonus if you don’t care for stacking elite nights.

Sorry, my post was kind of rambling. I was asking for advice on my next card. The reason I mentioned the marriott biz was because I would really like to get it, but thought it was a bad idea to try for 3 chase biz cards. The AA biz card sounded promising but haven't heard much about it so I wanted feedback on it, or other card ideas. Thanks for any ideas!

Sorry, my post was kind of rambling. I was asking for advice on my next card. The reason I mentioned the marriott biz was because I would really like to get it, but thought it was a bad idea to try for 3 chase biz cards. The AA biz card sounded promising but haven't heard much about it so I wanted feedback on it, or other card ideas. Thanks for any ideas!

DH picked up the card with no problem. I believe the Citi AA business does not report to personal credit but the Barclay AA business card does. I’m holding off on it for the moment as a I try to meet the MSR for the retention offer I got on the Amex Plat right off the heels of meeting MSR for the Amex Blue Business card. :crazy2:

DH picked up the card with no problem. I believe the Citi AA business does not report to personal credit but the Barclay AA business card does. I’m holding off on it for the moment as a I try to meet the MSR for the retention offer I got on the Amex Plat right off the heels of meeting MSR for the Amex Blue Business card. :crazy2:

guess it depends on 5/24 status. Citi AA is 24 month language vs Barclay AA which is churnable.
If your not 5/24, hitting the regular Citi AA would work wonders. make sure u sign all your pets up for AAvantage.

Driving home from CA!! Great trip!

Thinking about next CC move. Should be almost done with my spg :cool1: I could go for the CIC for my dh (he was denied for the May 9 app) or maybe go for the Marriott. I’m not sure what I’d really do with the Marriott right now other than use for Swolphin or a nights & flights package. Either was, I’m not under 5/24. Dh is 2/24 so gotta be his card. Too risky to go for both?

ETA: I just checked and I am done with my spg!! Yeehaw! Need another card ASAP!!

Last edited:

I think the DPs about Barclays reporting business cards to your personal credit report are incorrect. @speedyfishy's card didn't show up and when I asked about it on Reddit, several people indicated that the DPs were from people who were confused about the difference between a business card resulting in a hard pull on your credit versus it actually showing up.

I've been reading the trip planning forums and came across trip reports by @DisneyMandC and @amalone1013, which I have really enjoyed reading. :flower1::sunny::flower::daisy: (sun and flower smilies for the weeds growing in my yard while I'm reading trip reports . . . )

Anyone else here have WDW trip (or dining) reports?

Thanks for following! I really need to update my most recent one since I'm leaving for DL in just over a month.

Driving home from CA!! Great trip!

Thinking about next CC move. Should be almost done with my spg :cool1: I could go for the CIC for my dh (he was denied for the May 9 app) or maybe go for the Marriott. I’m not sure what I’d really do with the Marriott right now other than use for Swolphin or a nights & flights package. Either was, I’m not under 5/24. Dh is 2/24 so gotta be his card. Too risky to go for both?

ETA: I just checked and I am done with my spg!! Yeehaw! Need another card ASAP!!

We just arrived in CA yesterday...flew from Long Island....staying at the Marriott in Newport Beach...friends own a ton of Marriott timeshare points...beautiful resort....spent the day in Temecula Valley wine country....we leave here Tuesday for San Diego and the Marriott Pulse there

We finished the spend on my CIP today and wish I had applied for my dh CIP earlier...it will be waiting for us at home when we get back

We just arrived in CA yesterday...flew from Long Island....staying at the Marriott in Newport Beach...friends own a ton of Marriott timeshare points...beautiful resort....spent the day in Temecula Valley wine country....we leave here Tuesday for San Diego and the Marriott Pulse there

We finished the spend on my CIP today and wish I had applied for my dh CIP earlier...it will be waiting for us at home when we get back
Have a great time! We really enjoyed our stay. Congrats on another CIP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter