I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just applied and was instantly approved for the Chase Marriott biz! Thanks for the encouragement! Now I have a MSR for my DH's hail damage payment, and this will add to my SPG stash (or whatever they should be called now). I just hope it doesn't make it harder for the CIP in Nov, but that's a while away, I guess I'll worry about it then. I also need to lower my limits on my other Chase cards sometime soon, been meaning to do that but haven't gotten around to it yet.

CONGRATULATIONS!

:banana::cool1:party::cheer2::woohoo:

And instant approval for a Chase business card? What a way to start the week!

Yes, lower your CLs well enough in advance and put some distance from this app before applying for the CIP, and you should be fine. Good luck!

You can blame all the people who have plans for Tokyo Disney and Japan within the next few years: @calypso726, @Haley R, @DisneyMandC, @Calfan, @MEM, @JKalai, and I think @Artygal90 mentioned it.

Start building up your MR stash. There’s good redemption value in transferring MR for Virgin Atlantic/ANA award space. You may want to build up more Marriott points and start looking at Hilton cards, too, for offsite hotels.

Heading to Tokyo in 2021 for our 10yr anniversary. Make sure to note that in your notes!

Can someone answer this question: I justed redeemed for a rental car using UR points (car is through Alamo). Alamo waives the additional driver fee if you are an Alamo Insider member (which I am). Since the rental is through a 3rd party, there's no place to include my Insider number. I called Alamo and they said it can be handled directly at the counter and I won't get charged for the additional driver. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you.

It was amazing! It was totally worth synchronizing time with Tokyo to be online and ready to do battle to secure a harbor view room at exactly 9 am Tokyo time each night as those rooms are released. We managed to get 3 nights out of 4, Friday, Sunday and Monday. So we cancelled the Friday and booked Friday and Saturday at Disneyland Hotel club level and then kept the last 2 nights at MiraCosta. Glad we did that because the club manager made some pixie dust and got us reservations at Magellan's which was awesome. We thought MiraCosta Harbor View room would be a one and done experience but it looks like we are going to go for it again next year. Watching Fantasmic, (which by the way blows WDW and DLR's out of the water) from our room and not among the crowd below was incredible! That night, we had dinner at Magellan's, went back to the room to watch Fantasmic then walked back in the park to catch our last Fast Pass that evening. Stepping out of the hotel into the park is very cool! Initially I started doing bank bonuses to pay for the rooms but then wound up renting out some DVC points via David's DVC rental to cover the cost since it was faster.

How was getting the website to authorize your card?

I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time since I only have Visa cards (thanks Chase).

How was getting the website to authorize your card?

I have a feeling I'm going to have a hard time since I only have Visa cards (thanks Chase).

I couldn't purchase tickets to DisneySea from the website because it employs a 3-D Secure verification system. I tried all our cards -- Chase Visas, Amex, Citi and Barclays Mastercards -- nothing worked. I've read for Chase you'll have to call the Chase Verified By Visa department at (800) 654-9214 for help, but I haven't tried it yet.

I couldn't purchase tickets to DisneySea from the website because it employs a 3-D Secure verification system. I tried all our cards -- Chase Visas, Amex, Citi and Barclays Mastercards -- nothing worked. I've read for Chase you'll have to call the Chase Verified By Visa department at (800) 654-9214 for help, but I haven't tried it yet.
Thanks. Will take note of the number and remember it when the time comes!

I have my own bucket list out for a few years for travel. Future tentative plans:
2019 - Olympic NP July; Hawaii Oct
2020 - Alaska Aug
2021 - California - Yosemite and Redwoods NPs
2022 - Acadia NP and New England
You can see the theme - domestic and national park focused. No current plans for international travel but we just watched a show on Antarctica and that looked very interesting so putting on the research list.

Hi all! Some of you were kind enough to give me some advice a month or two ago when I was looking into getting some new cards after my divorce. I closed on my mortgage last week so I am good to go and want to apply for at least one card asap.

My main goal again is just to maximize Chase points for travel. I am at 3/24. The advice you guys gave me was go first for the CIP and then the CSR. I think I can meet the spend of both and then I would be waiting until next April to get another card.

My questions are:

1) I am still slightly worried about the "business" aspect of the CIP. I have sold something on ebay before and plan to do more now that I am getting divorced and cleaning out stuff, but it would be a stretch to say I generated any sort of income this year from that. I don't sell anything on Etsy or anything like that. The only real selling going on around here is Girl Scout Cookies and Boy Scout popcorn, ha! So I feel a little uncomfortable about it.. am I over-thinking it or should I skip this one until I can generate more of a "revenue"?
2) If I do go for CIP and get denied, does that hurt my credit?
3) If I don't go for CIP, and instead do CSR, what should my second card be? Besides sign up bonuses, I am looking for a good everyday card.

Thanks!!! I really appreciate all your help and will definitely head over to Reddit to check things out when I am ready. :)

I've finished up my CIC MSR and I'm trying to figure out my next move. I know I'm going to want the new Southwest card when it comes out, but I don't think we will get use out of the CP so probably not concerned with getting more than one Southwest card. We fly my step-daughter down on Southwest so we would love points, but not really a CP.

I have pulled up the 100k offer for the Amex Platinum on card match and I am thinking about it. Would probably wait until the end of the year to triple dip though. Also not completely ok with the huge annual fee. But I really want to do an Alaska cruise next year and it looks like the 100k MRs would work perfect for flights there.

Thinking while I wait for the Southwest card and maybe Amex Plat that I jump on the Hilton business card while it's at 125k. I have some points from stays this past year that I'd like to keep from expiring and I know at some point in the future we want to go to Tokyo and Hilton points will be very handy.

My stats are:
CSP - 1/2018
AU on DHs JetBlue - 3/2018 (going to remove myself eventually)
SPG personal - 4/2018
CIC - 5/2018

We had such a great time at DLR! Definitely will go back another time. I also got to meet a DIS’er while at DL! It was great getting to meet someone I chat with regularly and who has been really helpful to me! Here’s a pic of us :-)

sN7psmN.jpg
This is so great, I love it!! I hope you had an awesome trip!!

We had such a great time at DLR! Definitely will go back another time. I also got to meet a DIS’er while at DL! It was great getting to meet someone I chat with regularly and who has been really helpful to me! Here’s a pic of us :-)
You are so pretty!

sN7psmN.jpg

Hello everyone! I've been MIA for awhile and trying to catch up now. My Nana passed away recently and we were very close :(.

Just getting back into my vacation planning. I wanted to give another update on trying to reserve a Universal Hotel with UR's and also trying to snag an APH rate. I last reported my first attempt did not work. I had reserved a room with the APH rate direct with Loews and tried to transfer the reservation. In the end I was told this could not be done because the APH rate is just a "placeholder" and paid for at time of checking in. I was told that I could call back and try to see if Cruise and Tours could book direct once I saw an APH rate available. I have called 3 times and have been told the same answer, no it isn't possible. Unlike Disney, Universal can only be booked through Funjet, not direct, and therefore cannot use any special rate codes. Just wanted to give my experience in case anyone else was curious about this.

Hello everyone! I've been MIA for awhile and trying to catch up now. My Nana passed away recently and we were very close :(.

Just getting back into my vacation planning. I wanted to give another update on trying to reserve a Universal Hotel with UR's and also trying to snag an APH rate. I last reported my first attempt did not work. I had reserved a room with the APH rate direct with Loews and tried to transfer the reservation. In the end I was told this could not be done because the APH rate is just a "placeholder" and paid for at time of checking in. I was told that I could call back and try to see if Cruise and Tours could book direct once I saw an APH rate available. I have called 3 times and have been told the same answer, no it isn't possible. Unlike Disney, Universal can only be booked through Funjet, not direct, and therefore cannot use any special rate codes. Just wanted to give my experience in case anyone else was curious about this.

So sorry for the loss of your nana! :grouphug:

Bummer to hear about Universal and AP rates not working. I was interested to hear the outcome.

Checking in while in line at the SDMT. This is about the only thing we have not done so didn’t mind waiting on our last day. I had snagged last minute FPs for it yesterday and it decided to storm about 15 minutes before our time! We did all 4 Parks yesterday so had to leave and didn’t get to use it. Today we got in line and it said 60 minutes. It broke down after about 15 minutes waiting. Started back up after about 20 minutes. We are now going on 70 minutes waiting. Have no idea if we are close. But this and FOP seem to be very slow inefficient loaders.

Sorry about your Nana :hug:

What a bummer on the universal tickets. Thanks for reporting back on it.

Sorry about your Nana :hug:

What a bummer on the universal tickets. Thanks for reporting back on it.

@vanjust14 - So sorry to hear about your Nana.

@wendow - I am sure you know what you meant - but for anyone else not so familiar with Universal and Chase URs - you can get some varieties of Universal Tickets using URs. It is the booking of a Universal Hotel and benefitting from the Annual PassHolders (APH) discount for that booking which cannot be combined with using URs.

A unicorn! Otherwise known as instant approval on a chase biz card...congrats!!!!
Just applied and was instantly approved for the Chase Marriott biz! Thanks for the encouragement! Now I have a MSR for my DH's hail damage payment, and this will add to my SPG stash (or whatever they should be called now). I just hope it doesn't make it harder for the CIP in Nov, but that's a while away, I guess I'll worry about it then. I also need to lower my limits on my other Chase cards sometime soon, been meaning to do that but haven't gotten around to it yet.

So sorry about your Nana

DP on the PNC checking bonus with no state restriction. My state usually isn't included.

5/23 opened PNC Virtual Wallet with Performance Select checking, funded with $2000 from CSR
5/25 $2,000 posted
5/30 pushed $5,000 from PayPal
5/31 $5,000 posted as direct deposit
6/06 Made the last of required 10 debit transactions (amazon reloads)
6/22 Received $300 bonus

I will soon downgrade to regular Virtual Wallet and keep $500 to remain fee free for the remainder of the six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter