I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the Maldives, tell me about over-the-water bungalows in French Polynesia. Apparently that’s on my wife’s wanderlist.

Definitely a 'bucket list' item for me! The idea of being able to do this for cheap/free is what pulled me 'all in' to CC churning. I knew @calypso726 was planning it so I pm'ed her...got some details and inspiration.

It's a long ways to go without kids though. Not sure I could settle and enjoy being that far away anytime soon!

In my continuing hatred of BoA... after getting off the phone withe Barclays, I pulled up my last BoA statement to print it. I almost never look at my actual statement as I just frequently check my account online. I just realized that BoA has my maiden name on my account statement, despite having my married name on my credit cards and debit cards with them. I got married three years ago and changed all of this then :sad2: I'm currently on the phone with them while they try to figure this out.

Agree. Lame catergories. Gas is useful to me b/c most stations around here are already cheaper than Exxon/Mobil. But Walgreens and Lyft...that's odd, usually it'd be all drugstores.

Are there no Walgreens near you?

I read somewhere that chase updates the credit bureaus when you pay your balance to $0, even if it isn't at a statement closing date. So you could do that and it would theoretically update with the bureaus faster. Then app for the CIC. As far as shutdown risk, you look good to me...no cards at all in 2018.

So glad to hear you and your son are doing better. After the spate of bad luck you’ve had, no news seems like good news!

I’d agree with @disneymagicgirl on timing; by your card count, getting another Chase card wouldn’t be any risk. Your last card was the SPG Biz in December, which Chase doesn’t count. Your last Chase card was the Marriott personal card way back in October 2017, almost 8 months ago. And you only have one Chase business card, the CIP, which you opened over 11 months ago. You’re 4/24, so you qualify for the CIC.

IIRC, Chase denied you because your business was too new and had insufficient business revenue, which I remember didn’t make sense because they’ve approved others with new businesses and much less revenue. Do you have any reason to bump up your revenue projections a little?

Maybe Chase looks at revenue as a factor of amount of credit extended? Amount of credit extended has to be it, because I think you were over 60% last month, right?

There’s no consensus on how long after reducing your credit lines with Chase will it have the effect of increasing your likelihood of auto approval for new cards. The reduction in credit line is effective immediately, but it doesn’t seem to get updated to your credit reports until Chase reports your account to the credit bureaus at the close of a billing statement. I don’t know if Chase’s approval algorithms are looking at data from their internal systems (which should have your lowered amounts, and presumably your biz card credit lines) and/or from your credit reports. I tend to err on the more cautious side, reduce a credit limit a month ahead of when I think I’ll apply for a new Chase card, and wait until my credit report is updated.

Thanks for the responses. My app from 05/08 was denied and the letter did state those two reasons (business too new and insufficient business revenue). Now that I'm starting to see what my pay is looking like from this venture, I could technically increase revenue a little, but not a ton. Wonder if that would help. I was really hoping to app soon for the CIC so I get the card and use it to buy tickets and/or APs in time for FPs selection for my next trip. Not sure if I'll be able to make that cut off though since it's the end of this month. I should have lowered my CLs sooner. Totally my fault.

WWYD question -

With Toys R Us stores around here heading into the final weeks of liquidation I'm contemplating looking at stuff for possible resell (assuming anything worthwhile is left). Since this would be for "business" if I found anything I'd use one of the biz cards since it's not a category on anything else (and ya know, it'd be nice to use it for legit stuff :) ). I can't decide what's better, the SPG ( to try to earn as much SPG before conversion Aug 1) or the CIC for UR.

On one hand SPG earns more points and thus gets best value for transfers, but it's literally only hotel points or airline miles whereas the UR from the CIC could be cash or transfers (when moved to a Sapphire). So this has always been my problem, are points that much better than cash? :) So I'm curious what the group would do - SPG or UR?

(at the moment we have no specific plans for the points from either card, just building the stash for later)

I'm in panic mode so I can't remember how to do anything... I know I ordered Disney gift cards from Lowes but I rec'd Lowes gift cards. I had an offer on my Everyday Blue Cash that was identical to my business card Lowes offer. I used Bl Cash one first with plans to use business card later. I have rec'd the 10% back as a credit already on my statement but I cannot think of where my order details would be to prove I ordered Disney cards not Lowes cards. Help, please.

Thanks for the reply, but wondering if it’s my mother who applies can she do it in her name or would it have to be in my father’s name? I suppose I would say they both ran the business. So can she still put just her name as business name?

Sounds to me like she is a co-owner and does the office side of things.:) So yes, I say go for it. Her name and social though, his business income/years in business.

I'm in panic mode so I can't remember how to do anything... I know I ordered Disney gift cards from Lowes but I rec'd Lowes gift cards. I had an offer on my Everyday Blue Cash that was identical to my business card Lowes offer. I used Bl Cash one first with plans to use business card later. I have rec'd the 10% back as a credit already on my statement but I cannot think of where my order details would be to prove I ordered Disney cards not Lowes cards. Help, please.
Do you have an order confirmation email?

I just called Barclays to see about my card being denied. As @speedyfishy said, they just wanted additional identity verification. They're asking for a copy of my driver's license, social security card, AND a copy of a utility bill. Yeesh!! Is that the same stuff you had to send Speedyfishy? She said you can only mail it so I guess I'll do it signature required or something. Makes me a little nervous to send all that info through the mail, but the CSR didn't act like it was a big deal.

Yeah, that’s what I had to send too. It made me nervous and I’m really worried now because SO hasn’t heard back so I hope it didn’t get lost. I had to send only a utility bill for SO’s CIP application awhile back. It seems like Barclays requires a lot.

Serious question about the overwater villas (not trying to be snarky)

Is there anything to do there besides... be over the water? Like are their tours of the island or things like that I'm missing out on? I mean, the villas look super cool, but I think lying on a beach for days would be mine and DH's idea of torture!

Ours too!!! :crazy2:

hahahaha, I'd be in heaven!

snorkeling, scuba dive, eat, sleep, relax, etc. islands are usually very secluded(ie 1 hotel per island). probably go fishing too!

edit: my dream vacation is to maldives... but my idea is to flight Emirates first to dubai, stop there for a few days, move on to maldives for 3-4 days. then fly through another city in europe.

i think they show up at statement ends. All Chase cards do that.

your fantasy trip sounds amazing!

I want to be a mermaid when I grow up so not sure what else people would want to do (kidding!!!). I do think it's awesome that this hobby allows everyone to do what interests them the most. I've actually wondered for years about the septic for the overwater bungalows...as in- where does everything...go after you go??? :laughing:

never thought of that. Now I am wondering too.

WWYD question -

With Toys R Us stores around here heading into the final weeks of liquidation I'm contemplating looking at stuff for possible resell (assuming anything worthwhile is left). Since this would be for "business" if I found anything I'd use one of the biz cards since it's not a category on anything else (and ya know, it'd be nice to use it for legit stuff :) ). I can't decide what's better, the SPG ( to try to earn as much SPG before conversion Aug 1) or the CIC for UR.

On one hand SPG earns more points and thus gets best value for transfers, but it's literally only hotel points or airline miles whereas the UR from the CIC could be cash or transfers (when moved to a Sapphire). So this has always been my problem, are points that much better than cash? :) So I'm curious what the group would do - SPG or UR?

(at the moment we have no specific plans for the points from either card, just building the stash for later)

Nothing mathematical in my answer, but I'd do spg since the 3pts/$1 is ending aug 1. May as well rack them up while you can.

You should be able to log into your Lowes account and find your order details. Likely they sent an email too. But FWIW, I don't see where they sell anything except Lowes cards on their website. In store is a different matter.

I just called Barclays to see about my card being denied. As @speedyfishy said, they just wanted additional identity verification. They're asking for a copy of my driver's license, social security card, AND a copy of a utility bill. Yeesh!! Is that the same stuff you had to send Speedyfishy? She said you can only mail it so I guess I'll do it signature required or something. Makes me a little nervous to send all that info through the mail, but the CSR didn't act like it was a big deal.

I'd be hesitant to send that though the mail. Possibly Fedex with signature, but even then, who knows where it ends up once it arrives at Barclay offices.

Hmmm... since DH is so afraid of the Speedpass App, perhaps I can get him to at least carry my Freedom for gas... Since he's using it at the pump and not in store...

@disneymagicgirl, weren't you looking for a deal on AirPods?

I just ordered a pair for DW through Google Express, sold by Adorama Camera. I had a 20% off Dad and Grads targeted coupon code for existing users (tied to your account) and an Amex Offer for $20 statement credit on $60 spent on Google Express. The coupon took $31.80 off and the Amex Offer will save me another $20, for a total $123.50. Downside is it's estimating delivery by July 6.

We are thinking we will stay a night in Vegas on our drive to CA. My dh has been there for a work conference, but the kids and I have never been. We aren't taking to do anything other than just see the strip. Can anyone recommend a hotel for us? I'm not sure it makes sense to stay on the strip since it will be so short. Either need a place that sleeps 6 or is not too $$ so we can get two rooms. I looked at the Palazzo cause I have ihg points, but even though the room has two queens and a double sleeper sofa, it says it only sleeps 4 :confused3

Exactly what I and another member of my fam had to do. I sent it certified with tracking, I was pretty nervous about putting that info in the mail but really wanted the card. It takes a few days for them to upload the docs into their system after they receive them and up to another couple days to review them. I called a few days after I saw they had received them and they put me on hold when they saw the docs were in the system and reviewed them right then.

@disneymagicgirl, weren't you looking for a deal on AirPods?

I just ordered a pair for DW through Google Express, sold by Adorama Camera. I had a 20% off Dad and Grads targeted coupon code for existing users (tied to your account) and an Amex Offer for $20 statement credit on $60 spent on Google Express. The coupon took $31.80 off and the Amex Offer will save me another $20, for a total $123.50. Downside is it's estimating delivery by July 6.
Now DH was all ready to jump off a cliff and order a Soda Stream the other night, but I insisted on waiting for a deal... Now it can be 20% off plus $20 AMEX credit. That would make it $52 instead of $80.

Though I'm still on the fence about if he'd use it... :scratchin Anyone have any thoughts on Soda streams, or a way to sort of try one out? :confused3

We are thinking we will stay a night in Vegas on our drive to CA. My dh has been there for a work conference, but the kids and I have never been. We aren't taking to do anything other than just see the strip. Can anyone recommend a hotel for us? I'm not sure it makes sense to stay on the strip since it will be so short. Either need a place that sleeps 6 or is not too $$ so we can get two rooms. I looked at the Palazzo cause I have ihg points, but even though the room has two queens and a double sleeper sofa, it says it only sleeps 4 :confused3
What night would you be staying in Vegas? a weekend night?

ETA: Oops, I see my thought has a 2 night minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter