I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo. I tried to pay off my upcoming WDW trip with my CIP and also put a deposit on another trip to WDW. At first they were pending but now they are not there. Disney site is still saying they are paid but i'm sure that will change. Am I not allowed to pay for disney with a business card?
I used my CIP to pay the 200 deposit on my package just last month

Hmmm... per DoC: Chase To Launch Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Card On August 26th

Also wondering if the new Marriott Biz card will be subject to 5/24 when the current Marriott Biz isn't.

Seems pretty clear that the division of Marriott's "mass consumer" and "premium consumer" cards with Chase, and their "small business" and "super premium consumer" cards with Amex won't take effect until the Marriott/SPG/Ritz-Carlton brands are fully merged in 2019. Amex previously said it plans to continue issuing the SPG personal (mass consumer?) and SPG business (small business) cards after August and introducing the SPG Luxury (super premium consumer) card in August.

Soooo. I tried to pay off my upcoming WDW trip with my CIP and also put a deposit on another trip to WDW. At first they were pending but now they are not there. Disney site is still saying they are paid but i'm sure that will change. Am I not allowed to pay for disney with a business card?

It's a quirk of Chase's business account website. Charges appear as pending, then briefly disappear, before they are finally posted. Your transaction will show up again in a day or two.

...Awwww it was so awesome! I even have a t-shirt that says I kissed a giraffe...
All of the sudden I feel I need that t-shirt. I didn't know I needed it 30 seconds ago, but it is crystal clear to me now that I do. As for getting kissed by a giraffe I think I'm good watching others, like when I bought the t-shirt in Mexico that said "I fed a shark" but I absolutely did NOT join those crazy people being dropped into that shark tank :tilt:...

It's a quirk of Chase's business account website. Charges appear as pending, then briefly disappear, before they are finally posted. Your transaction will show up again in a day or two.
Awesome. Thanks. I could really use the combined 1266.00 charge to get my intro bonus quickly.

I hate to spend $50 on the darn thing before knowing if he'd like it. He has a tea he likes, and I guess he watched some youtube video where someone brewed a very concentrated tea and used that for the flavor with the soda stream. I'm just like, can you try making the tea and mixing it into a bottle of soda water from the store first? :laughing: He says he misses the fizz when he drinks his tea.

I like your idea first. I don't drink tea because I don't like the flavors but I can't imagine it carbonate. At least with the kool aid I knew what I was getting since my grandma used to mix Hawaiian Punch and 7Up/Sprite for punch on holidays.

Rumored Chase FREEDOM Q3 5x Bonus Categories:
  • Lyft
  • Walgreens
  • Gas Stations

These are so epically bad for me I laughed out loud for real. I drive electric so no gas, I never even used my free Uber credits from Amex (and I have an Uber credit card with free ride credits!) so I won't use Lyft and I haven't been inside a Walgreens in a year. At least Walgreens sells giftcards.

In general, usually. That said, for credit card offers it depends on the level of data the store sends to the credit card whether it actually is enforced or not. If it's excluded then I'd imagine they are sending that data, but I have no Wells Fargo cards to have any experience with it. Though I would think buying a Visa or MC or another 3rd party gift card would be ok; gets iffy if trying to buy HD one. I've bought 3rd party GC's with BoA offers, which seems to be the same or similar program, but I'm not sure if there were any specific exclusions on those offers.
That's a tough one, might want to research other deal sites to see if anyone had posted what they bought that worked. I can usually find someone that only bought gift cards to see their experience. But on the last offer I thought I read someone's comment that there wasn't an exclusion for gift cards listed. I'm assuming you have a new offer since the last one expired in May.

My Home Depot's have Disney GC's and I think possibly Southwest and Delta for airlines (not entirely sure though, haven't checked HD gift card rack since the holidays so memory is fuzzy on airlines) if you wanted to bypass the V/MC gift card step.
I just called and they said yes but who knows with them. I’ll call a couple of other times before I buy to make sure. If not I’ll only loose $6 with the activation fee. Since I’m doing the Best Buy Swagbucks deal with them I’ll earn the amount back.

:cool1: Yay! I hit MSR on my SPG biz. I logged on to my account and there were the points! Is there a way to see detail for any hotel charges that earn bonus points (like on Chase account) or do I have to do the math?

You can see details of points earned from hotel stays and charges on your SPG account, not on Amex.

Last edited:
Serious question about the overwater villas (not trying to be snarky)

Is there anything to do there besides... be over the water? Like are their tours of the island or things like that I'm missing out on? I mean, the villas look super cool, but I think lying on a beach for days would be mine and DH's idea of torture!

I love water sports so I'd be swimming, snorkeling and jet skiing...taking a boat out where we could...But I do think sleeping in an overwater bungalow would be so cool! Again though, I can't take that kind of trip for so long from now. I think it's like a 18-hour flight (maybe longer) and there is just no way I'd be that far away from my kids at this stage of life.

I could not just sit on a beach all day, day after day...one day, ok, maybe? By lunch, pretty sure I'd be bored and burned!

:cool1: Yay! I hit MSR on my SPG biz. I logged on to my account and there were the points! Is there a way to see detail for any hotel charges that earn bonus points (like on Chase account) or do I have to do the math?

Congrats!

Yes, if try out the "Beta version" and click on a charge it will tell you how many points that charge earned. You may have to do a little math as I'm not sure they break it down further than that, but at least you don't have to do all charges by hand this way. I think SPG is easy at least as the points from SPG/Marriott hotels should just be double the dollar amount. (I'm sad to say I haven't actually put a Starriott hotel charge on it yet. We stayed at one on points but didn't have any incidentals so haven't tried that out yet :) )
I found the beta version button in the Statements section, all the way to the right, between the graph and the list of charges.

Hmmm... per DoC: Chase To Launch Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Card On August 26th

Also wondering if the new Marriott Biz card will be subject to 5/24 when the current Marriott Biz isn't.

Seems pretty clear that the division of Marriott's "mass consumer" and "premium consumer" cards with Chase, and their "small business" and "super premium consumer" cards with Amex won't take effect until the Marriott/SPG/Ritz-Carlton brands are fully merged in 2019. Amex previously said it plans to continue issuing the SPG personal (mass consumer?) and SPG business (small business) cards after August and introducing the SPG Luxury (super premium consumer) card in August.

Ok, so I'm all confused now. I was looking for P2 to maybe try for the Marriott business to get another 15 elite nights this year to bump us to platinum for next year (and the points won't hurt). But when he was ready and I looked, even though Marriott claims it still gets elite nights and earns elite nights with spend, nowhere in the Chase offer details page it is mentioned anymore. So I assumed they changed the product when they launched the Premier Plus and discontinued both current versions of the Premier cards. If they're doing a new version of the Biz card to match ("Premier Plus") then if we get the current Premier card would we get the nights?
I think I'm back to calling Chase for a clarification, since Marriott's site for the merged program changes says you get them but I can't find it in the card's T&C. And Marriott only listed 3 active cards - the Premier Plus coming soon and the Premier Biz and Premier consumer. There wasn't any mention of a Premier Plus business card. Just when I thought I had it figured out....

Last edited:
@WVMomof3 Which Residence Inn did you stay at in Vegas? Is it this one? https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...e_Inn_Las_Vegas_Airport-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

I can only find one Embassy Suites by the airport and it appears to be undergoing some pretty big renovations. For one night though, may not be a big deal.

Another option - Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas South - we stayed there for 2 nights a few years ago and thought it was good. They have a double queen junior suite which will take six. Its about 3 miles south of the bottom of the strip.

@WVMomof3 Which Residence Inn did you stay at in Vegas? Is it this one? https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...e_Inn_Las_Vegas_Airport-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

I can only find one Embassy Suites by the airport and it appears to be undergoing some pretty big renovations. For one night though, may not be a big deal.

ETA: Embassy Suites says it's by the Convention Center...is that by the airport too? No clue where anything is in Vegas!

heh, id probably still avoid it... cuz umm... *points at news articles*

I hate to spend $50 on the darn thing before knowing if he'd like it. He has a tea he likes, and I guess he watched some youtube video where someone brewed a very concentrated tea and used that for the flavor with the soda stream. I'm just like, can you try making the tea and mixing it into a bottle of soda water from the store first? :laughing: He says he misses the fizz when he drinks his tea.

The southerner in me has A LOT of questions about what in the heck carbonated tea is?!

Ours too! I really really really do not like the oceans or lakes, anything with fish/shark/whales whatever. Pools, maybe, but really not that either. We went on a cruise about 8 years ago. It was our first trip without kids. We were excited booking it, but on the way to the cruise I seriously had a little panic attack about being on the ocean. I was fine, but we found the cruise so very boring. And one of our excursions we did snorkeling. Why?? Another panic attack. I hated it. I should have remembered I did the shark reef at Typhoon Lagoon a few years before that and also had a little panic attack. Got yelled at for stopping halfway across because I was frozen in fear as my 8 year old left me in the dust and made it across without me. :sad2::sad2: We just spent a long weekend near Ft. Meyers beach and once again on the way there, I was like, why are we going here? lol It turned out fine because we did not step one foot on the beach the whole trip.

I love water sports so I'd be swimming, snorkeling and jet skiing...taking a boat out where we could...But I do think sleeping in an overwater bungalow would be so cool! Again though, I can't take that kind of trip for so long from now. I think it's like a 18-hour flight (maybe longer) and there is just no way I'd be that far away from my kids at this stage of life.

I could not just sit on a beach all day, day after day...one day, ok, maybe? By lunch, pretty sure I'd be bored and burned!

I’m terrified of boats! Sea creatures don’t really bother me, but I do not like the idea of being out in open water. The only cruise I would ever consider is one of the European river cruises where I could clearly see the land I can swim to if the ship goes down :rotfl2:

The southerner in me has A LOT of questions about what in the heck carbonated tea is?!

Funny, I was just thinking about this today. When I was in the hospital (several years ago) after having my daughter they gave me ginger tea. It was ginger ale heated up with a tea bag. It was delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter