I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that’s what I had to send too. It made me nervous and I’m really worried now because SO hasn’t heard back so I hope it didn’t get lost. I had to send only a utility bill for SO’s CIP application awhile back. It seems like Barclays requires a lot.

I asked on Reddit too and a couple people there said they were asked for the same thing. Someone said he sent the copies regular mail and was approved, so maybe you could just call and ask?

I'd be hesitant to send that though the mail. Possibly Fedex with signature, but even then, who knows where it ends up once it arrives at Barclay offices.

The agent I had wasn't super friendly and acted like mail was the only option, but I might call back and see about a fax. She didn't seem to particularly care about helping me since I had to ask her things like "what's the address to mail it to?" and "do I need to address it to anyone in particular?" to which she responded "oh yeah." :sad2:

A Saturday night...this Saturday night lol...Last minute changes going on here :)
I love last minute changes! :laughing: I would take a peek at smartervegas.com, sometimes they've got better offers than you can find online for the two big chains, MGM/Caesars.

I love last minute changes! :laughing: I would take a peek at smartervegas.com, sometimes they've got better offers than you can find online for the two big chains, MGM/Caesars.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Also, I do have UR, IHG, SPG points...

The agent I had wasn't super friendly and acted like mail was the only option, but I might call back and see about a fax. She didn't seem to particularly care about helping me since I had to ask her things like "what's the address to mail it to?" and "do I need to address it to anyone in particular?" to which she responded "oh yeah." :sad2:
Mail is the only option. But calling back to get confirmation on the address and department to send it to is a good idea since that rep doesn't sound like they were on top of their game.

Exactly what I and another member of my fam had to do. I sent it certified with tracking, I was pretty nervous about putting that info in the mail but really wanted the card. It takes a few days for them to upload the docs into their system after they receive them and up to another couple days to review them. I called a few days after I saw they had received them and they put me on hold when they saw the docs were in the system and reviewed them right then.

Thanks! I mean, the government mails your social security cards in regular envelopes so I guess it's whatever :confused3 BoA said they would have my name fixed on my bank statement by the time my new bank statement comes out on the 17th, so once I get that I'll put it all in the mail.

I also realized today that our utilities are apparently only in DH's name...lol oops.

Agree. Lame catergories. Gas is useful to me b/c most stations around here are already cheaper than Exxon/Mobil. But Walgreens and Lyft...that's odd, usually it'd be all drugstores.

I am glad it is not restaurants since I have the Discover IT. I do shop Walgreens and have three cars to fill up each weak. Probably won't max out but at least for me it is not a duplicate of Discover IT again. Wish they would bring back Samsung Pay though!

Now DH was all ready to jump off a cliff and order a Soda Stream the other night, but I insisted on waiting for a deal... Now it can be 20% off plus $20 AMEX credit. That would make it $52 instead of $80.

Though I'm still on the fence about if he'd use it... :scratchin Anyone have any thoughts on Soda streams, or a way to sort of try one out? :confused3

It depends on what he wants to use it for. I've had one for several years that I got through a site I can't remember any more. You'd get a product and party supplies to host people and show them the product so I didn't pay for it. I'm still on the first bottle of carbon dioxide which shows how little I've used it. I didn't like the cola that was supposed to be like coke. I've also not really tried many flavors because I don't want to spend the money on the syrup and not like it. The only thing I did regularly drink was cherry kool aid and that's because I knew I would like it. I know some just use it for soda water.

Thanks! I mean, the government mails your social security cards in regular envelopes so I guess it's whatever :confused3 BoA said they would have my name fixed on my bank statement by the time my new bank statement comes out on the 17th, so once I get that I'll put it all in the mail.

I also realized today that our utilities are apparently only in DH's name...lol oops.

You can use a bank statement for a utility bill? It's the only thing I have in my name aside from my student loan and CC's. This card is on my radar along with the BofA Alaska Biz.

It depends on what he wants to use it for. I've had one for several years that I got through a site I can't remember any more. You'd get a product and party supplies to host people and show them the product so I didn't pay for it. I'm still on the first bottle of carbon dioxide which shows how little I've used it. I didn't like the cola that was supposed to be like coke. I've also not really tried many flavors because I don't want to spend the money on the syrup and not like it. The only thing I did regularly drink was cherry kool aid and that's because I knew I would like it. I know some just use it for soda water.

You can use a bank statement for a utility bill? It's the only thing I have in my name aside from my student loan and CC's. This card is on my radar along with the BofA Alaska Biz.

Yes, the options were drivers license/passport, social security card, and utility bill/bank statement.

I hate to spend $50 on the darn thing before knowing if he'd like it. He has a tea he likes, and I guess he watched some youtube video where someone brewed a very concentrated tea and used that for the flavor with the soda stream. I'm just like, can you try making the tea and mixing it into a bottle of soda water from the store first? :laughing: He says he misses the fizz when he drinks his tea.

We are thinking we will stay a night in Vegas on our drive to CA. My dh has been there for a work conference, but the kids and I have never been. We aren't taking to do anything other than just see the strip. Can anyone recommend a hotel for us? I'm not sure it makes sense to stay on the strip since it will be so short. Either need a place that sleeps 6 or is not too $$ so we can get two rooms. I looked at the Palazzo cause I have ihg points, but even though the room has two queens and a double sleeper sofa, it says it only sleeps 4 :confused3

We stayed at an Embassy Suites when we landed in Vegas and a Fairfield Inn before we flew out. We had no interest in staying on the strip and with 5 it is harder. I know for sure the Fairfield Inn had a shuttle to the strip that we used. I am pretty sure the Embassy Suites did also, but we did not go on the strip, just straight to bed and left early in the AM for our roadtrip. Both of the hotels were booked through the UR portal.

A Saturday night...this Saturday night lol...Last minute changes going on here :)
You crazy girl, lol! Weekend nights will be more expensive for sure. If you can find something on Main St., which is the "old" Las Vegas strip, that might be cheaper. It's kinda fun down there, with a pedestrian street with a light show on the roof and ziplining! @WVMomof3 has a good idea with the Embassy Suites since they would more likely be able to accommodate you all in one room. Have fun!!

Serious question about the overwater villas (not trying to be snarky)

Is there anything to do there besides... be over the water? Like are their tours of the island or things like that I'm missing out on? I mean, the villas look super cool, but I think lying on a beach for days would be mine and DH's idea of torture!

My family would agree with this - Castaway Cay is the only beach we have been to (in swim gear) in many years, and the primary attraction for us was the 5K run.

Is there anything to do there besides... be over the water? Like are their tours of the island or things like that I'm missing out on? I mean, the villas look super cool, but I think lying on a beach for days would be mine and DH's idea of torture!

Ha, add us to that list too!!

We visited Out Of Africa too! None of us brave enough to kiss the giraffe though. Lol
Awwww it was so awesome! I even have a t-shirt that says I kissed a giraffe. We went in Feb, it had just snowed, and it was cold and the park was darn near empty. Probably better when the weather is a bit better.

Ours too! I really really really do not like the oceans or lakes, anything with fish/shark/whales whatever. Pools, maybe, but really not that either. We went on a cruise about 8 years ago. It was our first trip without kids. We were excited booking it, but on the way to the cruise I seriously had a little panic attack about being on the ocean. I was fine, but we found the cruise so very boring. And one of our excursions we did snorkeling. Why?? Another panic attack. I hated it. I should have remembered I did the shark reef at Typhoon Lagoon a few years before that and also had a little panic attack. Got yelled at for stopping halfway across because I was frozen in fear as my 8 year old left me in the dust and made it across without me. :sad2::sad2: We just spent a long weekend near Ft. Meyers beach and once again on the way there, I was like, why are we going here? lol It turned out fine because we did not step one foot on the beach the whole trip.

Soooo. I tried to pay off my upcoming WDW trip with my CIP and also put a deposit on another trip to WDW. At first they were pending but now they are not there. Disney site is still saying they are paid but i'm sure that will change. Am I not allowed to pay for disney with a business card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter