I love credit cards so much!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by FairestOfThemAll37, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

Thanks!

Lowered $10k on a personal about a month ago. I’m going to cool it with Chase for a while and let Player 2 take over, but I’m still going to do another round of CL reductions on my Chase cards soon. I’m looking at you CSR. :magnify:

JC0712, kmc8826 and platamama like this.
  2. Jen and Ashwin

Jen and Ashwin DIS Veteran

Actually, I wrote that wrong. I use funds from our Ally account to push for bank bonuses. That is where our emergency fund lives and I use that money to float for bonuses. I assume Wells Fargo would work as well as long as you initiate the transaction from the Wells Fargo side and push the funds to Memory Bank.

JC0712 and disneymagicgirl like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Ava

Ava DIS Veteran

Ah, I thought it was 0/30 for any applications. How do I check if they did a hard pull? It's not showing on Credit Karma on either TransUnion or Equifax, so I think I'm good there. Yeah, part of my waiting is to stretch out the MSR. I still have most of the $3K for SPG personal to do, plus ~$500 left on SPG Biz.

JC0712 and Lain like this.
  5. wendow

wendow We create happiness.

Did the offer exclude GC's? Isn't that what you bought? I need food but I really wanted to shop in the store rather than online p/u and the offer wouldn't work for that. Thought about maybe just using the offer on GC's but now I'm hesitant.

JC0712 likes this.
  6. SouthFayetteFan

SouthFayetteFan Saving Money on Disney Vacations since 2006

7. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Thank you! I looked into setting up ally for our EF a couple months ago and got distracted and never did it.:rolleyes1 Do you recommend it?

8. disneymagicgirl

It didn't say excl GC. Yes, bought Dis ones. I see where other people did the same and got the email saying getting credit immediately. I think maybe mine just didn't track for whatever reason.

JC0712 and wendow like this.
  9. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

You’re probably fine with no hard pull on the SPG.

JC0712 and Ava like this.
  10. miztressuz

miztressuz DIS Veteran

11. SouthFayetteFan

SouthFayetteFan Saving Money on Disney Vacations since 2006

Thanks, lol! Gotta keep that karma up somehow...I think at last check I was at 1,299 karma :rotfl2:

12. speedyfishy

speedyfishy DIS Veteran

Wait, I don’t remember if you got the discover bonus yet but if you haven’t yet you should get the discover savings account first. You can move that 15k in and out until your total deposits tally up to 25k. Then transfer to citi-bank and leave the 15k there for 60 days.

You can withdraw the money right away and there are no fees. If you only want to do the 15k deposit it and then remove it right away it’s a $150 bonus.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-savings-150200-bonus-1500020000-deposit-new-exp-103117/

13. disneymagicgirl

I can't even figure out how to do that. Reddit is so complicated.

JC0712 and kmc8826 like this.
  14. disneymagicgirl

Thank you!
    So to make sure I don't screw this up...

5/16 open discover account, deposit $15k
    5/17 transfer $10k out
    5/18 transfer $10k back in
    5/19 open Citi account and transfer $15k from discover to Citi...let sit 60 days/bonus received

....and I get $600 from this? (400 Citi/200 discover)

pillow and speedyfishy like this.
  15. speedyfishy

speedyfishy DIS Veteran

Yeah, but external deposits from banks don’t post right away. So your timeline is going to have some gap days while the funds are in transfer. And you probably will have to wait 1-2 days to confirm a trial deposit. But essentially you got it.

16. thevalley

thevalley Learning more every day!!

I do think you are correct. I just had a hard time wrapping my head around pc the CSR. But I have to agree with you once I clearly saw it written out in front of me, that currently I don't really need it because of the CIP and possibly getting the CIC. I had a hard time coming to this though. Thanks for you patience and guidance.

Just curious, can you pc back to a CSR lets say from a cf/cfu to a csr/csp? I understand you don't get the signup bonus.

17. Jen and Ashwin

Jen and Ashwin DIS Veteran

I like Ally and have no complaints. It isn’t the highest interest you can get, but I don’t have to jump through any hoops to get the 1.6% they currently offer so I am happy. This also doesn’t give a bank bonus. It is just my hub account for our EM fund.

18. miztressuz

miztressuz DIS Veteran

Ok so I added an AU to my CSP for the bonus (not P2 :p) but when I finished it said I'd be able to see my AU in the account within 24 hours. Where can I see AU's in my account? I've never seen that option. Hubby is AU on my CF from way back and I've never seen him anywhere.

19. Texans_loyal

Texans_loyal Operation Disney is Underway!

Does anyone know of a cash back portal for undercover tourist tickets? Ebates excludes tickets :badpc:

20. disneymagicgirl

Do you use a hub account?

speedyfishy likes this.
  21. miztressuz

miztressuz DIS Veteran

Well now you make me doubt myself. :laughing: I pressed the little up arrow next to the comment and it stayed lit, so I assume I upvoted both of them...