I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you recall if you lowered the CL on a personal card or a business card? Congrats on the CIC!

Thanks!

Lowered $10k on a personal about a month ago. I’m going to cool it with Chase for a while and let Player 2 take over, but I’m still going to do another round of CL reductions on my Chase cards soon. I’m looking at you CSR. :magnify:

I am going to do this for my first bonus today. Do you have a "hub" account like I see referenced here? Can I push money from my Wells Fargo savings over to memory like you did with your Chase?

Actually, I wrote that wrong. I use funds from our Ally account to push for bank bonuses. That is where our emergency fund lives and I use that money to float for bonuses. I assume Wells Fargo would work as well as long as you initiate the transaction from the Wells Fargo side and push the funds to Memory Bank.

The 0/30 rule for Chase business cards applies only to Chase applications made in the past 30 days, so the personal SPG doesn’t affect that. Did you receive a hard pull for the SPG? Has it reported to your credit report yet? (Amex didn’t do a hard pull on my personal SPG and hasn’t reported it to my credit reports even after my first statement closed.) If no to both, Chase won’t know about it and you should probably try to sneak in a CIC application before Chase factors the SPG against you. But I can understand waiting to stretch out the 3 months to meet MSR.
Ah, I thought it was 0/30 for any applications. How do I check if they did a hard pull? It's not showing on Credit Karma on either TransUnion or Equifax, so I think I'm good there. Yeah, part of my waiting is to stretch out the MSR. I still have most of the $3K for SPG personal to do, plus ~$500 left on SPG Biz.

My sams purchase posted and I don't see the credit pending either. I am about to place an online order for grocery stuff today so maybe it will trigger on that instead. If not, I will just message them. They had to manually credit me once before for a Caspar deal.

Did the offer exclude GC's? Isn't that what you bought? I need food but I really wanted to shop in the store rather than online p/u and the offer wouldn't work for that. Thought about maybe just using the offer on GC's but now I'm hesitant.

Actually, I wrote that wrong. I use funds from our Ally account to push for bank bonuses. That is where our emergency fund lives and I use that money to float for bonuses. I assume Wells Fargo would work as well as long as you initiate the transaction from the Wells Fargo side and push the funds to Memory Bank.
Thank you! I looked into setting up ally for our EF a couple months ago and got distracted and never did it.:rolleyes1 Do you recommend it?

Did the offer exclude GC's? Isn't that what you bought? I need food but I really wanted to shop in the store rather than online p/u and the offer wouldn't work for that. Thought about maybe just using the offer on GC's but now I'm hesitant.
It didn't say excl GC. Yes, bought Dis ones. I see where other people did the same and got the email saying getting credit immediately. I think maybe mine just didn't track for whatever reason.

Ah, I thought it was 0/30 for any applications. How do I check if they did a hard pull? It's not showing on Credit Karma on either TransUnion or Equifax, so I think I'm good there. Yeah, part of my waiting is to stretch out the MSR. I still have most of the $3K for SPG personal to do, plus ~$500 left on SPG Biz.

You’re probably fine with no hard pull on the SPG.

I think I am going to do the Citibank one too. It looks like I just have to park $5k there for 60 days and I get the bonus. That seems too easy.

ETA: Oh wait, I can do $15k for $400 bonus. even better.

Wait, I don’t remember if you got the discover bonus yet but if you haven’t yet you should get the discover savings account first. You can move that 15k in and out until your total deposits tally up to 25k. Then transfer to citi-bank and leave the 15k there for 60 days.

You can withdraw the money right away and there are no fees. If you only want to do the 15k deposit it and then remove it right away it’s a $150 bonus.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-savings-150200-bonus-1500020000-deposit-new-exp-103117/

Wait, I don’t remember if you got the discover bonus yet but if you haven’t yet you should get the discover savings account first. You can move that 15k in and out until your total deposits tally up to 25k. Then transfer to citi-bank and leave the 15k there for 60 days.

You can withdraw the money right away and there are no fees. If you only want to do the 15k deposit it and then remove it right away it’s a $150 bonus.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/discover-savings-150200-bonus-1500020000-deposit-new-exp-103117/

Thank you!
So to make sure I don't screw this up...

5/16 open discover account, deposit $15k
5/17 transfer $10k out
5/18 transfer $10k back in
5/19 open Citi account and transfer $15k from discover to Citi...let sit 60 days/bonus received

....and I get $600 from this? (400 Citi/200 discover)

Thank you!
So to make sure I don't screw this up...

5/16 open discover account, deposit $15k
5/17 transfer $10k out
5/18 transfer $10k back in
5/19 open Citi account and transfer $15k from discover to Citi...let sit 60 days/bonus received

....and I get $600 from this? (400 Citi/200 discover)

Yeah, but external deposits from banks don’t post right away. So your timeline is going to have some gap days while the funds are in transfer. And you probably will have to wait 1-2 days to confirm a trial deposit. But essentially you got it.

So I'm going to say you should downgrade your CSR and CSP and avoid all fees based on the following:
  • Your next big redemption is Hawaii in 2020
  • Your wife can get a CSR in 2019 - you can use your household income when applying, many SAHMs (stay at home moms) here have CSR cards :)
  • You are in a period of building up your URs but not using them in the next 12 months
  • You can likely upgrade to a CSR again in the future if something changes before 2019
  • You may plan to transfer your URs to Marriott and/or Southwest for the Hawaii trip so the 1.5x means nothing in that instance
  • You have a CIP in your back pocket which still allows the 1:1 transfers to partners
  • In a pinch you could redeem for travel through your CIP at 1.25x. Of course this is less than 1.5x but that's a difference of $25 per 10,000 URs redeemed and you currently have no plans to redeem that way anyways.
If you already have a CFU you may want to make them both CF cards. Or maybe you want one of each if you don't have a CFU yet.
I do think you are correct. I just had a hard time wrapping my head around pc the CSR. But I have to agree with you once I clearly saw it written out in front of me, that currently I don't really need it because of the CIP and possibly getting the CIC. I had a hard time coming to this though. Thanks for you patience and guidance.

Just curious, can you pc back to a CSR lets say from a cf/cfu to a csr/csp? I understand you don't get the signup bonus.

Thank you! I looked into setting up ally for our EF a couple months ago and got distracted and never did it.:rolleyes1 Do you recommend it?

I like Ally and have no complaints. It isn’t the highest interest you can get, but I don’t have to jump through any hoops to get the 1.6% they currently offer so I am happy. This also doesn’t give a bank bonus. It is just my hub account for our EM fund.

Ok so I added an AU to my CSP for the bonus (not P2 :p) but when I finished it said I'd be able to see my AU in the account within 24 hours. Where can I see AU's in my account? I've never seen that option. Hubby is AU on my CF from way back and I've never seen him anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter