I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Thanks to Tik Tok I've gotten on HYSA Tik Tok. I have my $90k just sitting in discover, my daughter has about $15k to worry about now, and my mom has about $27k she wants to put somewhere. Wealthfront was mentioned a few times and w/ referring (which we would do between us) the rate would be 5.05% I think. Anyone use them? I think the fine print says you can only extend the 5.05% for 6 mos total. So I think if we sign up w/ a link we get 3 mos, then 1 referral would get another 3 mos.

Okay back to reading 28754 pages!
I use Wealthfront for my various savings accounts. I have had no complaints about them. Their normal rate is 4.55% and yes if you use someone's referral you will get 5.05% for 3 months,

I this situation I would try calling. I've never had a good experience with United, like ever.
I'm going to fly to Denver coming up this is my worry too, but I want to save 1-3 hours of layovers. I used to fly a lot for work and never had a good experience with them or American and I'm flying American coming up the schedule didn't work out well with anyone else so 🤞

I use Wealthfront for my various savings accounts. I have had no complaints about them. Their normal rate is 4.55% and yes if you use someone's referral you will get 5.05% for 3 months,
What's the typical turn around time on an ACH transfer out of your Wealthfront account? I typically see 3 days for Ally and 3-5 days for my Capital One HYSA (which have a slightly lower percentage).

It appears Wealthfront deposits your money at various undisclosed banks/accounts, have you ever experienced any delay in accessing funds? Could you DM me a referral link?

I use (and like) Marcus by Goldman Sachs. I believe you can get a similar promotional temporary rate increase with referrals but I think that would violate the rules of this board? Like if I shared my link I mean...
I like Marcus too - I put in a withdrawal request yesterday morning and it was in my pnc checking account by the end of the day.

Do you know if there is a cap on the referrals? I'm going to open an account. I'm going to have my daughter do one, my mom, likely my BF too. I thought I read online you can only get a max of 6 mos. I just want to use referrals wisely, LOL. Like I open the first, refer my daughter, have her refer my mom, etc. Because they should get 3 mos for using a referral and then 3 more fo referring, right?

What's the typical turn around time on an ACH transfer out of your Wealthfront account? I typically see 3 days for Ally and 3-5 days for my Capital One HYSA (which have a slightly lower percentage).

It appears Wealthfront deposits your money at various undisclosed banks/accounts, have you ever experienced any delay in accessing funds? Could you DM me a referral link?
3-4 days is pretty normal for transfers to my checking account.
Do you know if there is a cap on the referrals? I'm going to open an account. I'm going to have my daughter do one, my mom, likely my BF too. I thought I read online you can only get a max of 6 mos. I just want to use referrals wisely, LOL. Like I open the first, refer my daughter, have her refer my mom, etc. Because they should get 3 mos for using a referral and then 3 more fo referring, right?
I've only done one referral so I'm not sure. I would assume you would get the 3 months for being referred and for referring.

The dorms and sports are what sold ds. And the dorm situation appears to be a disaster this year—too many freshman needing housing. I’m nervous (not quite sure he’s ready) but only time will tell. He’s excited so I will hope for the best.

And thanks for the information on planning ahead. Dd is in Atlanta and there are so many options there’s never really an issue.
Thinking about you as we stayed in the GT Hotel for the 2nd time last week. I think you usually use Hilton or Marriott points, but we like the GT Hotel. I booked through the Chase Portal both times. I feel safe and there isn't much road noise. We have stayed in lots of different hotels in the midtown area, but this is my favorite. Just a thought for a future visit.

We’re getting really close to being able to book our Japan flights with AA and all of the sudden they’re starting to get booked on BA. Hopefully we’re able to get something that works for us. Thankfully we’re pretty flexible on travel dates
I keep wondering if we should build up more AA miles or Amex points (to be more flexible) ahead of needing to book our Japan flights for a late Nov 2024 trip. Our dates are not flexible so I worry that lie-flat biz seats will be gone by the time that AA can book...

Need to decide soon as I plan to get my next card early July and p2 would be late July/early August.

Have you looked at multi-city pricing for the open jaw cruise? I found multi-city to be considered RT, or close to it, pricing wise. Just did a quicky sanity check on AA with PHL>YVR,ANC>PHL, random 7days in Aug and the lowest cash price was within $10 of either city's RT price.
Good point. I haven't looked but I don't have a huge number of miles with any airline right now so I'd have to work on it. We also did our AK cruise in 2019, out of YVR. Had RT on AA IIRC. Was thinking to try SEA this time but we loved Vancouver and would do it again if the better itinerary was from there.

I keep wondering if we should build up more AA miles or Amex points (to be more flexible) ahead of needing to book our Japan flights for a late Nov 2024 trip. Our dates are not flexible so I worry that lie-flat biz seats will be gone by the time that AA can book...

Need to decide soon as I plan to get my next card early July and p2 would be late July/early August.
When I was booking, the flights from HND to DFW were not making it to AA. In fact, I wanted the 7/4 flight but the 2 seats that get released first were booked the first day, I had to add a day to our trip and return 7/5 to get 4 seats via BA.

When I was booking, the flights from HND to DFW were not making it to AA. In fact, I wanted the 7/4 flight but the 2 seats that get released first were booked the first day, I had to add a day to our trip and return 7/5 to get 4 seats via BA.
Thanks, good to know. I was thinking that November would be low-season enough but with so few seats, it seems best to play it safer with BA.

ETA: we are returning Thanksgiving weekend, which might further hinder availability, unfortunately.

The only airport/route I’ve found consistent availability is SFO-HND. Every other airport is gone way before it gets to AA. Even that route is gone very quickly once it gets open on AA

The only airport/route I’ve found consistent availability is SFO-HND. Every other airport is gone way before it gets to AA. Even that route is gone very quickly once it gets open on AA
I would be ok with SFO-HND anyway. I'm coming from NC so we'd be repositioning regardless. But it's seeming like we're going to target some Amex cards next to have flexible points. Darn, I wanted that make-one-purchase-get-70K AA miles card...

sorry tagged the wrong person its a cap of 3 months ever since the interest rate base was 4.5. (it used to be 6), I just referred someone.
Looks like it caps out at 6 months per the terms
you get the boost with a code, then you could refer one person, then I would wait until the bonus drops off to refer the others.

Eligibility requirements​

To receive a 3-month 0.50% APY boost for you and a friend, you must invite someone who isn’t already an existing client of Wealthfront products and services and doesn’t name you as a secondary account holder for a Joint or Trust Cash Account.

Boost maximums​

There's no limit to the number of referrals you can make; however, the maximum total duration of APY increases you can earn across all promotions is 6 months. The APY increase applies to a maximum of $250,000 across all of your Cash Account balances and categories.

Last edited:
Thanks, good to know. I was thinking that November would be low-season enough but with so few seats, it seems best to play it safer with BA.

ETA: we are returning Thanksgiving weekend, which might further hinder availability, unfortunately.
For what it's worth, I'm not really sure if there's a "low" season with Japan anymore since Covid. I read and researched TONS before our trip, and mid-May (after Golden Week) was supposed to be one of the lowest seasons. It was packed. I think with Japan being closed for so long, people are visiting anytime now, en masse. I expect it'll be that way for at least a few years while people reschedule trips that were postponed for so long, and others get back to traveling internationally now that Japan's reopened.

I have always been a proponent of diversification in the miles and points portfolio. Due to work, my dates for much of our travel are usually not flexible. More than once, I’ve had to switch gears and go from Plan A to Plan B etc. having points and miles in a variety of areas, especially the variable ones like Amex, UR, Citi and Cap 1 allows for this. When there are great bonuses in specific airline programs, I will jump on those too. Opportunistic hoarding.

Our trip to Egypt with ABD next January seemed easy enough for flights. I had a plan A that simply did not go as expected to get to Egypt unless I wanted to fly in coach. Plan B and see C were also a bust. Plot twist and I now find myself unexpectedly going to London for New Year’s in order to get to Egypt. Didn’t see that coming at all. Wish I had thought of that in the first place and saved myself the aggravation of Plans A, B, and C going up in smoke.

Anyway, without variable points and miles in different programs, I would not be able to have a plan B, C and so forth. So yes, I highly encourage stocking up in different programs! Happy Tavel hacking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter