I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Thanks for this. I am also looking for ORD to CDG, so I really appreciate the first hand experience. I don’t want to be stuck with points on VS if there is a cancellation, or AF really since I don’t know if I would really have a use for them. Best case is if United’s award cost came down significantly.
I really think you'll do well booking directly with AF, without too much worry of stranded points. If there is a change or cancellation, you likely won't have any problems getting on another flight, especially to CDG.

I really think you'll do well booking directly with AF, without too much worry of stranded points. If there is a change or cancellation, you likely won't have any problems getting on another flight, especially to CDG.
I'll keep checking and hoping that it goes down in points. I guess I am more shocked that the same flight on VS was significantly less in points than AF, however it is probably too go to be true.

I’m confused. I had the Amex gold until March. The annual fee was due so I took an offer in March for 100,000MR to upgrade to a platinum. They charged me like $193 for the fee, then refunded 67. I figured they were prorating it and didn’t think about it again. Today I logged on a the full $695 is on my card. So I have to pay $130 and now $695 3 months later?

I’m confused. I had the Amex gold until March. The annual fee was due so I took an offer in March for 100,000MR to upgrade to a platinum. They charged me like $193 for the fee, then refunded 67. I figured they were prorating it and didn’t think about it again. Today I logged on a the full $695 is on my card. So I have to pay $130 and now $695 3 months later?

Yep - this is normal. The initial adjustment was the increased fee for the remaining months till your renewal date. Now you are being charged for a full year as your renewal date has hit.

You always have the option to downgrade the card after 12 months has passed from your upgrade. At that time you will receive a credit for the difference in fee until your renewal date.

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on Costa Rica flights. My latest question is on taxes and fees - looks like about $82 for taxes and fees for each ticket booked with points. I believe if needed, I can cancel and get the points refunded to my jet blue account, but what about the taxes and fees? Is that refundable if we need to cancel?

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on Costa Rica flights. My latest question is on taxes and fees - looks like about $82 for taxes and fees for each ticket booked with points. I believe if needed, I can cancel and get the points refunded to my jet blue account, but what about the taxes and fees? Is that refundable if we need to cancel?
Unfortunately, they'll get refunded as a travel credit that expires one year from the original booking date.

I always envy all of you who book short trips just for crazy things like concerts etc. Well I am now one of you LOL!! I booked me, dh and our two adult kids for weekend in NYC in September just to see The Outsiders. I have been obsessed with The Outsiders since I was a kid, and when I found out about the musical, and started seeing clips, buying the recording and then the Tony perfomance, I wanted to see it so bad I wanted to cry. Well we are going!!! Finally a use for my useless AA Miles. Now to find a hotel on points close to the theater. the cost of the tickets however...lets just say good thing the other stuff is on rewards LOL.

I always envy all of you who book short trips just for crazy things like concerts etc. Well I am now one of you LOL!! I booked me, dh and our two adult kids for weekend in NYC in September just to see The Outsiders. I have been obsessed with The Outsiders since I was a kid, and when I found out about the musical, and started seeing clips, buying the recording and then the Tony perfomance, I wanted to see it so bad I wanted to cry. Well we are going!!! Finally a use for my useless AA Miles. Now to find a hotel on points close to the theater. the cost of the tickets however...lets just say good thing the other stuff is on rewards LOL.
I had not heard about this! We are ballpark chasers (want to see a game in every MLB stadium - preferably our team when possible). We will be there over Labor Day weekend to see the Cardinals play the Yankees - now if I can talk DH and DS into including this in our plans!

Need some advice. Next May doing tour of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. We fly into Vienna and out of Zurich. Booking have recently opened up now for the flight to Vienna. I am looking at point.me for options. Looks like I can do KLM/Flying Blue for 37,000 points each plus $109 (this is economy). One stop in Amsterdam and 11 hours total in travel from MSP. This seems like a great deal and I can transfer points from AMEX or Chase .

I have never flown KLM Before. Just want to make sure this is a good airline and if this sounds like good deal. Cash price would be over $5000 for the 4 of us.

Edit: Looks like Virgin Atlantic might be 15,000 points per person. How does this airline compare to KLM.

Last edited:
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I got the card in March and met the spend in May.

Around the beginning of June I saw the award bonus points as "pending" in my Chase account and it said it would be "added to my available point balance" June 18. It's now June 22 and it no longer shows the bonus points pending, but neither do they show up in my IHG account.

I will give it another few days!
P2 is working on the second part of the IHG business sub. When the first part was complete and the statement posted the points from the spend transferred to her IHG account but it took a few days for the bonus to show up in her IHG account.

Need some advice. Next May doing tour of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. We fly into Vienna and out of Zurich. Booking have recently opened up now for the flight to Vienna. I am looking at point.me for options. Looks like I can do KLM/Flying Blue for 37,000 points each plus $109 (this is economy). One stop in Amsterdam and 11 hours total in travel from MSP. This seems like a great deal and I can transfer points from AMEX or Chase .

I have never flown KLM Before. Just want to make sure this is a good airline and if this sounds like good deal. Cash price would be over $5000 for the 4 of us.

Edit: Looks like Virgin Atlantic might be 15,000 points per person. How does this airline compare to KLM.
KLM is really nice. DD flew it back and forth to Europe a couple of times in economy and was happy with it. VA is also considered really nice (only have biz seat experience though). I wouldn't hesitate to book with either airline.

I was looking at KLM/Air France and Virgin for our flights to Paris next year. Let me know if you are able to book award seats on Virgin.

Looks like I either brought COVID back from Vegas or I caught it at the New Kids concert on Tuesday. I had a sore throat Sat night and tested since I have 248754 tests still. So since I'm positive, I guess I'll be trying for the CIU #2 vs going in branch to do the CIP, LOL. Maybe I can sneak both offers in while the CIP is still 120k later this summer.

ETA: I was instantly approved for the CIU. YAY! Now time to pay off a bunch of medical bills and get new macbooks. LOL

Welcome to the fun! I've done BTS for my daughter and NCAA frozen four for my son. My trip to Vegas was just to do the spa credits e had and the "birthday dinner" credit at Wynn, LOL.

Last edited:
I was looking at KLM/Air France and Virgin for our flights to Paris next year. Let me know if you are able to book award seats on Virgin.
I was checking Flying Blue for next summer for a friend and wow people are right about the ridiculous points fares. Yikes.

Just applied for Barclay’s AA Aviator and got a “reviewing your application” message; applied for Venture X beginning of May and got my first denial ever (as someone here once said - if you aren’t getting denials, you aren’t playing hard enough 😬). Hoping to use AA rewards to book flights for short WDW trip in November and flights to Fort Lauderdale for DCL in February. Last new card was United card with Chase in January, so I’m feeling the SUB itch.

Related to short WDW trip in November - what are your favorite hotels to book with points close to WDW property? There is a Hyatt Place near Disney Springs but doesn’t get great reviews. Drury can be booked through Chase Portal; also read good things about Springhill Suites at Flamingo Crossing.

Just applied for Barclay’s AA Aviator and got a “reviewing your application” message; applied for Venture X beginning of May and got my first denial ever (as someone here once said - if you aren’t getting denials, you aren’t playing hard enough 😬). Hoping to use AA rewards to book flights for short WDW trip in November and flights to Fort Lauderdale for DCL in February. Last new card was United card with Chase in January, so I’m feeling the SUB itch.

Related to short WDW trip in November - what are your favorite hotels to book with points close to WDW property? There is a Hyatt Place near Disney Springs but doesn’t get great reviews. Drury can be booked through Chase Portal; also read good things about Springhill Suites at Flamingo Crossing.
We liked the Drury when we stayed there in April. It met all our needs. Transportation to parks was good and on time. Breakfast was good. Didn’t get to try the afternoon kickback food, but it’s a neat concept and definitely a perk if you come back mid day to rest.

I am working on a similar trip to see Hadestown (I know we are late to that party, but that's generally the way we roll). I would love to hear about what hotel you choose.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest