I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

With Budget, we've had such bad experiences... one still gives me headaches to think about. They gave us a car that had been crashed by the previous renter but was still usable. We had a copy of the police report and documentation "just in case," but were assured there would be no problem. It was the only car they had left. Returned it, different location, and the agent said the damage was noted and documented as not our fault.
3 months later we get a call from a collections agency for the damage. How Budget never called us or wrote emails/letters addressing this before sending it to collections is beyond me. This took so long to straighten out--most of the Budget reps have no idea what to do with the situation and around the company phones we went for weeks. I was so worried about my credit! Eventually somebody was able to do something and the collections agency stopped calling. Still don't know which department or person among the many voicemails we left was able to fix the issue since nobody ever called back to let us know what happened.

Yikes! We haven't had bad experiences with Hertz like we have with Budget, but I hear so many online that it gives me pause. Perhaps it is location specific? We try to rent electric cars whenever possible, and Hertz has consistently at least offered Teslas if not other options so that's why we have rented with them many times. Last times were Italy in November and Texas for the April eclipse, Teslas both times. Since that model is "guaranteed," I wonder if that's helped us avoid a situation where our car was given away?

Have two more reservations, a one-day rental from Anaheim and a weekend in Kansas City. Hopefully no issues... But I've noticed that other bands are starting to stock electric cars more and more so will start giving others a try.

I used budget in Japan and bought their ins. I didn't want to deal with credit card ins and with the weak yen the added cost wasn't much. It fully covered my accident and I never heard a thing from them.

I do think a lot of the issues are employee dependent so location dependent. I've returned in PHX and got credit because I mentioned they needed to clean the inside of the inside of the windows better. Wasn't expecting or needing the credit and others may not have offered one.

Just got a very unexpected auto repair quote (my AC went out) of almost $1000. Oof. I don't have any cards that I'm working on MSR right now. I'm been holding out for 1) an elevated offer for a Barclays AA card, or 2) to get another CIU/CIC, but I'm trying to pace myself with all the recent data points. But I guess I need a new card now sooner rather than later. Just SM'ed to lower CL's on my other two biz cards. I'll wait until I get confirmation that it's been done, and then likely apply on Monday.

Renting a car in Munich: can we use a regular US company like Budget / Alamo, etc? Or is it better to use a German company? Also, does the CSP cover primary insurance abroad? If not, we also have Amex rental protection that we can add on for $20 total, but not sure if that would cover abroad either...
Also, are roads in Germany crazy, ie. mountainous? We'd be driving to Austria (Salzburg) and Fussen to see the castles. But I hate steep, windy roads.
We have used Europcar in France (returned in Barcelona) and the UK without issues. Generally the Chase Sapphire protection works in foreign countries, there are a few exceptions so check the fine print. I had to withstand a lot of pressure renting in Oxford, the guy kept insisting I could be on the hook for 70,000 pounds or something if I didn't buy their insurance, but with the CSR you have to decline the rental agency insurance I think.

We have used Europcar in France (returned in Barcelona) and the UK without issues. Generally the Chase Sapphire protection works in foreign countries, there are a few exceptions so check the fine print. I had to withstand a lot of pressure renting in Oxford, the guy kept insisting I could be on the hook for 70,000 pounds or something if I didn't buy their insurance, but with the CSR you have to decline the rental agency insurance I think.
They did this to us as well in Germany. Kept pressuring and pushing for us to buy their insurance

Might be worth calling or chatting to confirm that those 2 passengers are "ticketed." I don't think you have to explain why, maybe just saying it's an award booking and you're just confirming that each passenger is ticketed. I have had sort of phantom booking/pnr codes look like a flight is booked, but it's sort of just a shell and the tickets aren't issued.
This is a very delayed response, but that was a very good suggestion you had. I did a chat today, and have the actual e-ticket numbers for the 2 passengers. A person on the FB group for FrequentMiler recently posted about their experience with this airline having a what he called a "broken ticket" where he had the PNR but one of the passengers didn't have a ticket number. He never came back to his post there to update what ended up happening, so I don't know how it got resolved. Does having an e-ticket number then mean all is good with the reservation? (The miles haven't been clawed back...yet) I've double-checked and we all have e-ticket numbers for both outgoing and returning flights.

This is a very delayed response, but that was a very good suggestion you had. I did a chat today, and have the actual e-ticket numbers for the 2 passengers. A person on the FB group for FrequentMiler recently posted about their experience with this airline having a what he called a "broken ticket" where he had the PNR but one of the passengers didn't have a ticket number. He never came back to his post there to update what ended up happening, so I don't know how it got resolved. Does having an e-ticket number then mean all is good with the reservation? (The miles haven't been clawed back...yet) I've double-checked and we all have e-ticket numbers for both outgoing and returning flights.
I think you are all set then. Fingers crossed for you but it seems like you are in good shape.

Renting a car in Munich: can we use a regular US company like Budget / Alamo, etc? Or is it better to use a German company? Also, does the CSP cover primary insurance abroad? If not, we also have Amex rental protection that we can add on for $20 total, but not sure if that would cover abroad either...
Also, are roads in Germany crazy, ie. mountainous? We'd be driving to Austria (Salzburg) and Fussen to see the castles. But I hate steep, windy roads.
Are you set on renting a car? It was super easy to get to Salzburg from Munich by train when my daughters and I were there a couple years ago. Not sure about Fussen. That’s not the Disney castle, right? If you were interested in the Disney castle (I’m not even going to attempt to spell the real name 😅) it was also very easy to get to by train. I think we had to transfer to a bus but so many people were going there it was pretty foolproof.

Are you set on renting a car? It was super easy to get to Salzburg from Munich by train when my daughters and I were there a couple years ago. Not sure about Fussen. That’s not the Disney castle, right? If you were interested in the Disney castle (I’m not even going to attempt to spell the real name 😅) it was also very easy to get to by train. I think we had to transfer to a bus but so many people were going there it was pretty foolproof.
Lol, yes, Neuschwanstein! 😂 I was thinking it’d be much easier to get around if we had a car, but I’m not dead set on it. Mainly I thought it would be nice because we could visit off the beaten path type stuff that may be difficult to get to via public transit. I don’t really think we need a car for the days we’ll be in Munich though, so maybe we could rent one for only part of the stay.

Lol, yes, Neuschwanstein! 😂 I was thinking it’d be much easier to get around if we had a car, but I’m not dead set on it. Mainly I thought it would be nice because we could visit off the beaten path type stuff that may be difficult to get to via public transit. I don’t really think we need a car for the days we’ll be in Munich though, so maybe we could rent one for only part of the stay.
We loved having a car in Germany. It was nice to be able to travel how and when we wanted. We got to Neuschwanstein super early before the buses started showing up and it was worth it. We went straight to the bridge first instead of the castle.

I just cancelled my OG CIU card that I opened in 2021. I paid off the balance. I want to try for another CIU. The credit limits on my 2 CIC's and 1 other CIU are $5k. Can I apply tomorrow? I was denied CIU #3 on 5/14. My reasons were: too many accts or too much credit (I've since close out $7k in business credit lines), new business card open (my last CIU was 11/23), low usage (my other accounts all get spend) and credit to income is enough (again I've dropped $7k in my limits). Should I lower my credit limits on my CIC cards? Should I close one of my CIC cards? I never use the 5x limit to truly need 2.

I just need a new cards ASAP! I've needed one truly since April. I've been holding off on a few medical bills (but they've also billed me wrong, LOL).

So can I apply tomorrow w/ $15k in business credit limits? My personal is $31.5k w/ chase. I make about $100k. I'm willing to close another CIC if I need to. HELP!

Now back to reading all the pages I've missed.

I just cancelled my OG CIU card that I opened in 2021. I paid off the balance. I want to try for another CIU. The credit limits on my 2 CIC's and 1 other CIU are $5k. Can I apply tomorrow? I was denied CIU #3 on 5/14. My reasons were: too many accts or too much credit (I've since close out $7k in business credit lines), new business card open (my last CIU was 11/23), low usage (my other accounts all get spend) and credit to income is enough (again I've dropped $7k in my limits). Should I lower my credit limits on my CIC cards? Should I close one of my CIC cards? I never use the 5x limit to truly need 2.

I just need a new cards ASAP! I've needed one truly since April. I've been holding off on a few medical bills (but they've also billed me wrong, LOL).

So can I apply tomorrow w/ $15k in business credit limits? My personal is $31.5k w/ chase. I make about $100k. I'm willing to close another CIC if I need to. HELP!

Now back to reading all the pages I've missed.
I just dropped 3 of my CIC/CIU credit limits down from $5k to $3. You may consider that if you don't need it, that'll free up another 6,000.

Yes a car would help if you plan on going to out of the way places. We were there a week and used public transportation to Salzburg, Disney castle, Dachau, and Nuremberg. We were supposed to visit another town but simply ran out of time. We used long distance trains , trolley, and what I called the subway but was just basically a local train. I stress out on unfamiliar roads, and public transportation was relaxing and stress free for us.

Super easy to get but it is required. I was asked for it in Japan by the rental company.
where do you get it? ahh doesn't work for brazil I might need one there guess ill go to the consulate's site.

Yes a car would help if you plan on going to out of the way places. We were there a week and used public transportation to Salzburg, Disney castle, Dachau, and Nuremberg. We were supposed to visit another town but simply ran out of time. We used long distance trains , trolley, and what I called the subway but was just basically a local train. I stress out on unfamiliar roads, and public transportation was relaxing and stress free for us.
Hmm, those are most of the places we're planning to go as well. I've read Dachau can be a little tricky to get to on public transit, but I guess it wasn't that bad! Also in Fussen we were going to stay a day or two and do some hiking/mountain lifts about 45 minutes away, I think that would probably be difficult via public transit, but maybe I need to look into it more. Lastly, we were going to do a day trip from Salzburg to Hallstatt, but the more I read about it, we may just skip it as there's not much there except the "picture perfect" IG spot basically. We're also doing just a week, so it may be too much to jam pack in, lol.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest