• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also an Amex Offer and another discount code
Chewy Amex Offer: Spend $49 & Get $15 Back
Buy eGift Card
Offer valid online only at chewy. com​
Expires 11/19/22

Here's the original post from the Gift Card thread posted yesterday. :dog:
Wish I could use some of these Chewy offers, but the food my dogs eat is out of stock! UGH. Otherwise I would stock up on a few bags.

Chase is offering 10x on gas, 5x on groceries and Amazon through December 31st up to $1,500 on almost all Chase personal credit cards.

Activation links can be found here: https://frequentmiler.com/chase-q4-...rocery-stores-amazon-all-25-activation-links/
For all those who tried and didn't have any success, I initially tried these links and got "offer unavailable" in a pop-up. Then I tried at chase.com/mybonus and was successful registering all 3 cards I'd received "offer unavailable" on the dedicated links. So if you were out of luck, might help to retry on the generic link.

I did the unthinkable today and cashed out 350k URs (about half my stash). I have no big trip plans until 2024 and I just wanted a bigger cushion in my savings account. Part of my issue is I get reimbursed for grad school, but after my grades post so tuition for two grad school classes has temporarily eaten up my savings. The other issue is I spend too much money (and save a lot for retirement and higher ed).

The last time I tried to use one of these promo gift cards, Chewy would not allow me to top off my order with another payment method. So my entire Chewy order needed to come in at or below the $30 e-gift card amount. I found it difficult to max it out.
I actually used it right away and the total order was $5x.xx and I had no trouble using the GC and paying the balance w/ my Venture card (again through the C1 portal LOL)

Anyone able to give me some insight on my most recent Venture application.

I got an email saying they could approve me with the following documents:
  • W-2, Form 1040 or Form 1099 from the most recent tax year
  • Two consecutive pay stubs issued in the last three months
  • Three of your most recent consecutive bank statements
They want to verify income. But I quit my job last summer and checked that I was unemployed on the application. My annual income is based on my husband's income. Obviously, I am not going to be able to submit two pay stubs issued in the last three months because I haven't had any. Maybe my husband's would work?

What a pain. Is this going to be my life until I get another job? The job I quit was only part time and didn't really pay much anyway but nobody had problems issuing me huge lines of credit before! I didn't have issues getting cards several years ago when I was a SAHM. But I didn't do nearly as many apps then either.

Is it worth going through all the work to track this down and submit it? Or am I going to be wasting my time since I do not have income? Ugh.
CapOne is more the exception in this area than other major banks. I had no problem getting approved for many cards when I was unemployed, however I had other sources of income included in our HHI so I usually selected Other or something like it when asked for source of income/employment rather than Unemployed. However IIRC other SAHMs here having trouble with CapOne applications asking for income verification and not accepting their partners pay stubs - I swear I remember reading someone was asked to provide a permission slip from their husband since it was his paystubs. So I would say if you want it very much it's worth a shot but don't get too offended if they are jerks. CapOne is it's own breed in the CC market.

I actually used it right away and the total order was $5x.xx and I had no trouble using the GC and paying the balance w/ my Venture card (again through the C1 portal LOL)
Good to know, I've been avoiding those promo gift cards ever since I had those problems (sometime in 2021). It would be great if Chewy fixed that.

Does anyone have the Navy Federal Visa Flagship card? How easy is it to cash the points? Is it just statement credits?

I just got a pre-approval email with a decent SUB.
When you accept this exclusive offer, you could earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first 90 days of account opening.1

You’ll get a free year of Amazon Prime® on us2and receive statement credits up to $100 when you apply for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.3 Altogether, that’s worth over $800!

I've had it since it came out. I cash the points out and they get deposited into my NFCU savings account usually the next day. Very easy. I like this as I've had NFCU credit cards forever and used to have to take the credits in visa gift cards which were snail mailed out.

Since it's a 2% card I use it quite a lot. As for the Amazon Prime, they gave it to everybody last year, thought it was a 1 time thing, but after my Prime bill was auto deducted last month, I was credited another $139 which I wasn't expecting. Not sure if that will ever happen again, but for a $49 annual fee, worth it to me.

By the way, 60K is the best SUB I've seen. I think the all time high was 50K when the card was launched. It's 35K now. Also, for the Prime credit it has to be a yearly charge not a monthly charge to get the credit.

CapOne is more the exception in this area than other major banks. I had no problem getting approved for many cards when I was unemployed, however I had other sources of income included in our HHI so I usually selected Other or something like it when asked for source of income/employment rather than Unemployed. However IIRC other SAHMs here having trouble with CapOne applications asking for income verification and not accepting their partners pay stubs - I swear I remember reading someone was asked to provide a permission slip from their husband since it was his paystubs. So I would say if you want it very much it's worth a shot but don't get too offended if they are jerks. CapOne is it's own breed in the CC market.

Oh my. I do want that Venture again but I don't know if I want to go through all that to get it, though. A permission slip!? Yikes!

Oh my. I do want that Venture again but I don't know if I want to go through all that to get it, though. A permission slip!? Yikes!
i havent looked since the big signup bonus but doesn't capital one overlap with chase and amex? or is there other partners?

Enterprise car rental has a promotion out that started yesterday - Plus Your Points - where they have several activities for points without renting a car. I'm not seeing it instantly credit but there's a dashboard for tracking. I have the 20 pts for registration so I'll check tomorrow if the rest have shown up.

https://www.plusyourpoints.enterprise.com/

I have 220 points tracked just for reading, watching a video, taking a poll, etc. Supposed to have another 150 for the app install and sign in but it didn't track. (I still have to look into to that, there might be a legit reason.) They're also doing 2x the points for any rental during that period plus some bonuses for reserving the app, weekend rentals, airport, etc. I just rebooked an existing rental through the app since it was a few dollars cheaper and now I should get a bonus on top!

Unless I missed it, I don't see anything in the terms that say reservations have to be made during the promotion, just that it had to be picked up. So I think my existing week rental should work. Dates are Oct 5 - Jan 31 and only rentals that occur after registration will count, so register now!

And Disney related, you get 50 points for reading about their Disney partnerships. They have a lot of pickup/drop-off options at WDW that I didn't realize (they'll pick you up right from MK on a shuttle supposedly)

I did the unthinkable today and cashed out 350k URs (about half my stash). I have no big trip plans until 2024 and I just wanted a bigger cushion in my savings account. Part of my issue is I get reimbursed for grad school, but after my grades post so tuition for two grad school classes has temporarily eaten up my savings. The other issue is I spend too much money (and save a lot for retirement and higher ed).
I’ve cashed a lot of points on my CSR since PYB came around ….just used over 200k on our Disney trip dining

I just got home from my thrice cancelled trip to Dubai and the Maldives. So much ground covered so I will start by saying that I am now the proud owner of 3 pairs of pajamas from airlines (1 pair from Etihad and 2 from Qatar).

Etihad from Washington was first class and it was really nice. There were 8 seats in first class and 7 were occupied. The Etihad lounge in Washington was closed so I received a pass to the Virgin Clubhouse. I ordered a chicken dish which was okay, nothing special. I didn't really touch much of it because I wanted to save room on the flight. The amenity kit was from Acqua di Parma, but strangely only had 4 items (lip balm, body lotion, perfume and a small tube of face cream). The aircraft looked older, but my seat had plenty of room, a 'buddy' seat and a door for privacy. I tried the caviar (didn't have any taste and the blinis were cold, so I left almost all of it); I can't remember what I had for the main course but it must've been okay because I don't remember being hungry. I didn't have any dessert because I wanted to go to sleep; I still found it difficult to sleep, but got maybe 5 or 6 hours of interrupted sleep. Breakfast was good -- I think it was an omelette (wish I had written the details down).
When I arrived in Abu Dhabi I took a taxi to the Conrad with a stop enroute at the Sheikh Zayed Mosque for some sunset photos (it is STUNNING). The Conrad had upgraded me to a very spacious king suite with a partial view of the Corniche and the ocean. The amenities were crazy: a very nice fruit bowl, large Conrad Abu Dhabi teddy bear and a big box of chocolates. Since I booked through a Virtuoso TA I had a $100.00 F&B credit which I used at Li Beirut restaurant (onsite). The food here was amazing and maybe one of my favorite meals of the trip. After dinner I was going to walk around the mall that was attached to the hotel, but quickly realized that it was a super high end mall and nothing interested me, so I went back to the room for the night. The breakfast buffet was huge and very impressive. I also ordered eggs benny off the menu. Again, the food was outstanding.
I had the concierge book an entry time to the Mosque for me in advance and I took a taxi there after breakfast. Women have to be covered head to toe (literally) and it was as hot as the surface of the sun, so the outdoor parts of the tour were tough, but worth it because the building is simply stunning. I saw some women get off tour buses that hadn't packed a l/s shirt and didn't have a head covering (I packed a light silk scarf that I purchased in China) and they were given long polyester robes with hoods that looked incredibly hot, so it pays to be prepared. I didn't have time for lunch but had leftovers in the fridge in my room from the previous nights dinner, so I made some little pita pocket sandwiches, headed downstairs, checked out and met my driver to take me to the Al Maha!
Things started to go sideways with the RC Maldives at this point. I was scrolling through my Marriott app the night before and noticed the absence of my reservation at the RC (their system had made a duplicate reservation and I guess when they 'fixed' it both of the reservations were cancelled). I e-mailed them immediately, but by 3:00pm the next day I still hadn't heard from them; so I called them (from my cell phone) and asked what was happening and was assured that everything was fine -- I asked for a confirmation in writing. A day and a half later I still didn't have anything in writing and had to call them again and ask; within 6 hours someone in reservations e-mailed me something along the lines of "we are expecting you on September 28th" and nothing else. I asked for a proper confirmation number, which took another 48 hours to receive. But then they took an additional 50k points more than my original reservation. Definitely not off to a good start. It took almost 2 weeks to get the 50K points returned. I had debated switching my reservation to the St. Regis (they had points bookings available) and wish that I had, but I had already paid for my transfer to the RC and didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get it refunded, so left it with the RC.
Details of the amazing Al Maha to follow. But suffice it to say that I was starting to feel that this trip was cursed around this time......

I just got home from my thrice cancelled trip to Dubai and the Maldives. So much ground covered so I will start by saying that I am now the proud owner of 3 pairs of pajamas from airlines (1 pair from Etihad and 2 from Qatar).

Etihad from Washington was first class and it was really nice. There were 8 seats in first class and 7 were occupied. The Etihad lounge in Washington was closed so I received a pass to the Virgin Clubhouse. I ordered a chicken dish which was okay, nothing special. I didn't really touch much of it because I wanted to save room on the flight. The amenity kit was from Acqua di Parma, but strangely only had 4 items (lip balm, body lotion, perfume and a small tube of face cream). The aircraft looked older, but my seat had plenty of room, a 'buddy' seat and a door for privacy. I tried the caviar (didn't have any taste and the blinis were cold, so I left almost all of it); I can't remember what I had for the main course but it must've been okay because I don't remember being hungry. I didn't have any dessert because I wanted to go to sleep; I still found it difficult to sleep, but got maybe 5 or 6 hours of interrupted sleep. Breakfast was good -- I think it was an omelette (wish I had written the details down).
When I arrived in Abu Dhabi I took a taxi to the Conrad with a stop enroute at the Sheikh Zayed Mosque for some sunset photos (it is STUNNING). The Conrad had upgraded me to a very spacious king suite with a partial view of the Corniche and the ocean. The amenities were crazy: a very nice fruit bowl, large Conrad Abu Dhabi teddy bear and a big box of chocolates. Since I booked through a Virtuoso TA I had a $100.00 F&B credit which I used at Li Beirut restaurant (onsite). The food here was amazing and maybe one of my favorite meals of the trip. After dinner I was going to walk around the mall that was attached to the hotel, but quickly realized that it was a super high end mall and nothing interested me, so I went back to the room for the night. The breakfast buffet was huge and very impressive. I also ordered eggs benny off the menu. Again, the food was outstanding.
I had the concierge book an entry time to the Mosque for me in advance and I took a taxi there after breakfast. Women have to be covered head to toe (literally) and it was as hot as the surface of the sun, so the outdoor parts of the tour were tough, but worth it because the building is simply stunning. I saw some women get off tour buses that hadn't packed a l/s shirt and didn't have a head covering (I packed a light silk scarf that I purchased in China) and they were given long polyester robes with hoods that looked incredibly hot, so it pays to be prepared. I didn't have time for lunch but had leftovers in the fridge in my room from the previous nights dinner, so I made some little pita pocket sandwiches, headed downstairs, checked out and met my driver to take me to the Al Maha!
Things started to go sideways with the RC Maldives at this point. I was scrolling through my Marriott app the night before and noticed the absence of my reservation at the RC (their system had made a duplicate reservation and I guess when they 'fixed' it both of the reservations were cancelled). I e-mailed them immediately, but by 3:00pm the next day I still hadn't heard from them; so I called them (from my cell phone) and asked what was happening and was assured that everything was fine -- I asked for a confirmation in writing. A day and a half later I still didn't have anything in writing and had to call them again and ask; within 6 hours someone in reservations e-mailed me something along the lines of "we are expecting you on September 28th" and nothing else. I asked for a proper confirmation number, which took another 48 hours to receive. But then they took an additional 50k points more than my original reservation. Definitely not off to a good start. It took almost 2 weeks to get the 50K points returned. I had debated switching my reservation to the St. Regis (they had points bookings available) and wish that I had, but I had already paid for my transfer to the RC and didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to get it refunded, so left it with the RC.
Details of the amazing Al Maha to follow. But suffice it to say that I was starting to feel that this trip was cursed around this time......
Love for the first part, trepidation to read your second part.

The Al Maha is truly a special resort. The staff are all warm, friendly and caring. There are 3 meals a day included, which was too much food for me. All of the meals were amazing, but service at dinner was painfully slow. They make the most delicious decaf iced lattes with almond milk that I have every had -- I had 1 with breakfast and lunch every day. I met at least 3 other people staying on points and suspect that there were more that I didn't meet also on points. I ended up meeting and talking to a fellow Cdn (he was with his gf and her parents) and he gave me a good suggestion on how to do some very low-key ms (which is almost impossible here). I also met a travel blogger that works for a very well-known blog (not TPG thank goodness) and he and I had a few meals together -- he was fascinating to talk to and was also traveling solo. But I think that 5 nights was a bit long for me; I found myself getting a tad bored after 3 days.
I loved my villa -- it was only 2 villas from the main building so I could walk back and forth for all meals and activities.
On the first night I noticed some water dripping from the bathroom ceiling. I called the front desk to let them know; they offered to send maintenance but I didn't think it was necessary because it was just a few drops and didn't seem to be anything significant. However I received a text message about an hour later that woke me up (very light sleep here); it was at this time that I heard a steady stream of dripping water coming from the bathroom. I ventured into the bathroom and the entire floor was covered in water, the towels that I had laid out were soaked, the beautiful rug on the floor was almost completely soaked and the water was starting to come into the room. It was 1:00am at this time and I had falconry the next morning (at 6:00am) followed by dune bashing at 7:30, so not ideal. But I had to call the front desk again (no answer -- but they called me back) and they sent 2 guys from maintenance (not fun having 2 men in your room while in your pajamas, as a solo female traveler, in the middle of the night). It turns out that a pipe in the a/c had burst and it took them an hour to fix, then housekeeping had to come to clean up the floor. The next morning was tough and I probably should've skipped falconry. Kudos to the hotel for how they handled the situation as the assistant front desk manager approached me the next morning to apologize and offered me one of the Royal Suites for my last 3 nights, which I accepted. The suite was nice, but honestly I didn't need that much room and missed being able to walk to the main building (it was too far to walk in the excruciating heat). However the view from the suite was nicer. If I were ever to go back I would happily have my original villa again, for the convenience and I really enjoyed the size. Since the points are now so high (I paid 85k pts and they are now around 120K) I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back with all the other places I still want to visit.
The activities were all excellent. I did 3 'wildlife' drives and after being to Africa twice I will say that while enjoyable, calling them wildlife drives is a stretch. The dune bashing was my favorite activity. Camel ride was interesting, but I probably wouldn't do again (there were 36 in my group and it was slow) -- I preferred the drive to the sundowner (I did the sundowner every night), archery was fun -- I did it twice; I enjoyed falconry, but it wasn't super amazing like our experience at Ashford. I wanted to go to the gym every day, but they had a rule in place that you have to book a 1 hour slot in advance as they only allow 1 solo or a couple in at a time (this was a huge PITA as I only got to go twice).
High marks to the Al Maha all around -- I highly recommend for anyone that has the points and is planning on a trip to Dubai. I wouldn't pay the steep cash price, but I am so glad that I got to experience it before the massive Marriott devaluation.

I still can’t believe DS will be 16 next year. This morning I told him give 3 places he wanted to go and I would pick one for his surprise 16th birthday trip. Of course, I will probably need to remind him 10 times before I get anything.

BTW, he is so happy to be back at private school. And I love seeing him in his uniform every day again. His school was terrific with expediting getting him back so quick and his teachers are working with him to get caught up. It was totally right decision despite the sting to my bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter