I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks, I tried all these even though chase bonus already denied me I heard the womp womp sound affect in my head as I tried and still failed.

I tried again to see if I could get the bonus on Hyatt. They've already given me the spend 5K get 5k extra points. Spending 5K in 3 months is another card for many of us.

I think the only thing that would change for seattle is potentially a flight into HND and not jist NRT. I don't know that either airline had 2 flights a day, just not needed between the two of them and DL. ANA was always biz only back when I started gathering points in 2018 so I also don't see that changing. I imagine ANA and JAL don't really have people connect in SEA, but in CA where DL has people connecting here. Different markets flying and prob not enough paying for 1st on the japanese airlines.

My only issue with it all was all the window seats were taken/blocked. I'll keep an eye on it though and hopefully I can switch.
Yes first is a limited market la and NYC have people willing to spend I'm fine with business at this point but I day dream of FC if that makes sense. I also hate the redemption of delta even though I love their domestic product so flash sales imo are the only way to use them otherwise they gather dust.

FYI in case anyone needs pet food/supplies: Chewy is doing a spend $100 get a $30 e-gift card promo (code: FALL2022). I shopped through the Capital One portal and got 4% back and since I'm primarily a VentureX girl, 2 miles/dollar back.

Yes first is a limited market la and NYC have people willing to spend I'm fine with business at this point but I day dream of FC if that makes sense. I also hate the redemption of delta even though I love their domestic product so flash sales imo are the only way to use them otherwise they gather dust.

Donestic I'm fine with dl. I either fly them or Alaska since both fly non stop to the places I go. Helps keep competition for price. Or I use my amex airline credits to fly dl. I plan too far ahead for a flash sale 🙂

Barlcays AA Biz card is back up to 80K + $95 statement credit. DH is going to apply, nothing I have to worry about correct? He's 2/24...I'll make sure to tell him to ignore calls from Delaware.

I applied earlier today through an OMAAT link and got instant approval. I'm so thankful bc I've read so many horror stories of the approval process and then security verification. Hopefully there will be no issues using the card. I decided to branch out from Amex and Chase- it's such a piddly MSR at $2k, it seemed worth it.

I'm planning on travel funds in smallish ($100-$150) amounts so that I can top off with the CSP for travel protections(?), which leads me to this question:
Has anyone made a claim with their Sapphire card where you've make a change to the original ticket? Do the travel protections apply, as long as the original flight confirmation code remains the same, even if the date/time may have changed?

I looked back on an old confirmation where I used the change window. It still shows that I paid with points and the cc number for the taxes. If your confirmation shows like that, then you shouldn't have any problems.

FYI in case anyone needs pet food/supplies: Chewy is doing a spend $100 get a $30 e-gift card promo (code: FALL2022). I shopped through the Capital One portal and got 4% back and since I'm primarily a VentureX girl, 2 miles/dollar back.
thanks this will do well for my new puppy

I looked back on an old confirmation where I used the change window. It still shows that I paid with points and the cc number for the taxes. If your confirmation shows like that, then you shouldn't have any problems.
Just to clarify, this was a ticket that you ended up making a claim on your CSP/CSR for travel protection (covering hotel nights, meals, etc)? When I do these changes to capture the lower fare, the confirmation code stays the same but there's $0 charged to a cc because the taxes/fees were charged on the original booking made earlier. I'm wondering if I should just do the cancel thing instead of changing so that the cc gets documented. I guess I'll just make sure to book my CP with a CSP for the taxes/fees, and that way at least one of our tickets will show the cc number.

Anyone able to give me some insight on my most recent Venture application.

I got an email saying they could approve me with the following documents:
  • W-2, Form 1040 or Form 1099 from the most recent tax year
  • Two consecutive pay stubs issued in the last three months
  • Three of your most recent consecutive bank statements
They want to verify income. But I quit my job last summer and checked that I was unemployed on the application. My annual income is based on my husband's income. Obviously, I am not going to be able to submit two pay stubs issued in the last three months because I haven't had any. Maybe my husband's would work?

What a pain. Is this going to be my life until I get another job? The job I quit was only part time and didn't really pay much anyway but nobody had problems issuing me huge lines of credit before! I didn't have issues getting cards several years ago when I was a SAHM. But I didn't do nearly as many apps then either.

Is it worth going through all the work to track this down and submit it? Or am I going to be wasting my time since I do not have income? Ugh.

Just to clarify, this was a ticket that you ended up making a claim on your CSP/CSR for travel protection (covering hotel nights, meals, etc)? When I do these changes to capture the lower fare, the confirmation code stays the same but there's $0 charged to a cc because the taxes/fees were charged on the original booking made earlier. I'm wondering if I should just do the cancel thing instead of changing so that the cc gets documented. I guess I'll just make sure to book my CP with a CSP for the taxes/fees, and that way at least one of our tickets will show the cc number.

No, it's not the one I filed the claim for. I didn't do any changes on that one (or maybe I canceled/rebooked, don't remember). I was curious how the payment method shows up on a changed booking. On a points booking, the old cc used shows up even with the original booking date. Sounds like it's different using travel funds.

I wanted to share. The travel ins I bought for my 2021 trip had let me move that policy to this year. They couldn't move it to next year but said if I bought a policy for next year they would refund the old one. I thought this was great and totally not necessary. It's the same place @calypso726 used when they had to leave Japan early due to the typhoon. Knowing how they handled that made me comfortable using them vs just picking one. The refund and having been able to change the 1st one make me way more likely to use them again.

I'll need to go back and read the last week, but my dad passed away Sunday morning. Last week my mom held down the fort while I went to NOLA for school. My sister came in to "give me the weekend off". On Weds he was transferred from the hospital to the SNF. I went to see him on Saturday morning. We chatted a little but he slept for most of it. I left around 1pm. My sister held down the fort the rest of the day. At 1:50 am I got the call he had passed. It sounds like it was peaceful and he decided it was time.

The "good news" is since he gave up his fight so "soon", everything he had was able to remain protected. He was able to leave us what he had managed to put in place for us. I'm honestly shocked at what I will be getting (and my sister isn't happy he split it 70/30).

And to keep this relevant....while sitting at the funeral home, I asked the director if they can take the number for a credit card. He said yes, and while we sat there planning I opened the Amex Gold Biz that I had a "preapproval" email for. Probably not the best option out there, but I thought I'd give it a try since I've been in Amex pop-up hell, and I knew I'd hit the spend immediately. The director laughed as I did it. But FYI, the transaction was declined as apparently it wasn't an "approved use" of the temp number. Luckily they are okay with me paying later today when my card arrives.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you and your family.

Does anyone have the Navy Federal Visa Flagship card? How easy is it to cash the points? Is it just statement credits?

I just got a pre-approval email with a decent SUB.
When you accept this exclusive offer, you could earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first 90 days of account opening.1

You’ll get a free year of Amazon Prime® on us2and receive statement credits up to $100 when you apply for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.3 Altogether, that’s worth over $800!

Anyone able to give me some insight on my most recent Venture application.

I got an email saying they could approve me with the following documents:
  • W-2, Form 1040 or Form 1099 from the most recent tax year
  • Two consecutive pay stubs issued in the last three months
  • Three of your most recent consecutive bank statements
They want to verify income. But I quit my job last summer and checked that I was unemployed on the application. My annual income is based on my husband's income. Obviously, I am not going to be able to submit two pay stubs issued in the last three months because I haven't had any. Maybe my husband's would work?

What a pain. Is this going to be my life until I get another job? The job I quit was only part time and didn't really pay much anyway but nobody had problems issuing me huge lines of credit before! I didn't have issues getting cards several years ago when I was a SAHM. But I didn't do nearly as many apps then either.

Is it worth going through all the work to track this down and submit it? Or am I going to be wasting my time since I do not have income? Ugh.

I have not been in this position, but it's completely appropriate to report household income. I would supply the documents, including your husband's pay stubs.

Does anyone have the Navy Federal Visa Flagship card? How easy is it to cash the points? Is it just statement credits?

I just got a pre-approval email with a decent SUB.
When you accept this exclusive offer, you could earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first 90 days of account opening.1

You’ll get a free year of Amazon Prime® on us2and receive statement credits up to $100 when you apply for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.3 Altogether, that’s worth over $800!

I don't use my card much so I'm not redeeming many points, but I tend to cash back to my savings acct. There are some giftcard options and some overpriced items, I've not explored the travel portal. Oh, I just checked and they do have DGC now, $50 for 5000 pts and $100 for 10000.

The AF is low, I think $50? You can add up to 5 AUs at no cost and each AU will get GE/TSA credit. I have 3 of my kids on this card, the youngest had to be put on a different card.

No, it's not the one I filed the claim for. I didn't do any changes on that one (or maybe I canceled/rebooked, don't remember). I was curious how the payment method shows up on a changed booking. On a points booking, the old cc used shows up even with the original booking date. Sounds like it's different using travel funds.
I've changed both a cash booking and points booking in the past two days. Neither of them show a cc for the fee. I wonder if this is new? or am I just special? 😂 Maybe I should stick with canceling/rebooking.

1664999868957.jpeg
1664999889269.jpeg

There's also an Amex Offer and another discount code
Chewy Amex Offer: Spend $49 & Get $15 Back
Buy eGift Card
Offer valid online only at chewy. com​
Expires 11/19/22

Here's the original post from the Gift Card thread posted yesterday. :dog:

The last time I tried to use one of these promo gift cards, Chewy would not allow me to top off my order with another payment method. So my entire Chewy order needed to come in at or below the $30 e-gift card amount. I found it difficult to max it out.

I've changed both a cash booking and points booking in the past two days. Neither of them show a cc for the fee. I wonder if this is new? or am I just special? 😂 Maybe I should stick with canceling/rebooking.

View attachment 708391
View attachment 708392

The confirmation I was looking at was taking advantage of a change window, so no price difference. I think that's the difference. I found another one where the number of points dropped, that one shows like yours with the credit from ticket #. Sorry for going down this rabbit hole. I guess moral of the story is it depends on what change is happening!

You would think that if you gave them the new and original confirmations, they can see that the confirmation numbers are the same plus the ticket numbers trace back. But with insurance, I always worry that they'll pick something to nitpick! Cancel/rebook does seem safer.

The last time I tried to use one of these promo gift cards, Chewy would not allow me to top off my order with another payment method. So my entire Chewy order needed to come in at or below the $30 e-gift card amount. I found it difficult to max it out.
it wouldnt let me do it on dog food so i kept buying more then i would have if i didn't have a dog coming up i probably wouldn't have hit it now im looking for the amex offer by adding random stuff to hope it populates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter