I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the Amex offer for Waldorf $100 off $500, and can check the wording for me? I had added the offer and had a recent stay, spending just over $500. But the charges just posted, and it looks like the hotel made 2 separate charges of $380+ and $160+. The offer disappeared from my account completely, and I'm wondering if the offer will still work cumulatively, or the 2 separate charges invalidate the terms. If so, I'm going to call and ask them to refund and recharge me. I want my $100, lol!

Thanks--I now show two cards in my account so hopefully it really did work--we'll see if the second shows up in the mail.
If it’s in your account you’re approved.
Does anyone have the Amex offer for Waldorf $100 off $500, and can check the wording for me? I had added the offer and had a recent stay, spending just over $500. But the charges just posted, and it looks like the hotel made 2 separate charges of $380+ and $160+. The offer disappeared from my account completely, and I'm wondering if the offer will still work cumulatively, or the 2 separate charges invalidate the terms. If so, I'm going to call and ask them to refund and recharge me. I want my $100, lol!
D9B335A4-833F-4057-B4D2-AC29FC77FC83.jpeg

Working on my Chewy order for 20x. Anyone have a favorite dog shampoo? Looking at Buddy Wash. I have been using Burt Bee’s but Puggles still smells like a wet dog afterwards.

For what it's worth, you can make the CSR free for the first year. If you book a Southwest refundable fare that costs more than $300, then cancel the fare after the credit posts, you can use that $300 for anything. You can also do that within the first 30 days of your second year holding the card, then cancel and get a full refund of the second annual fee. So, you actually come out +$50 and enjoyed all of the benefits of the card for a year. There are ways to repeat this process indefinitely, but that may be more complicated than you're looking for right now.

The point of me bringing this up is that high annual fee credit cards often have things like free night certificates, airline credits or other credits that make having the card a net positive, regardless of how you value the sign up bonus. Whether you keep the card long term or not usually depends on how easy it is to use those benefits. For instance, the Hilton Aspire card by Amex costs $450 per year, but has a free night at ANY Hilton (I often get $700-800 in value staying at a Waldorf or Conrad), plus $200 in airline credits I use every year and $250 in Hilton resort credits that I use at the aforementioned Waldorf/Conrad. So, I'm getting $1,000+ in value per year for a $450 annual fee (in addition to free Diamond status, which has lead to upgrades and other perks). This game is all about the big picture/long term value, but in some respect you're pre-paying for your discounted travel with those high annual fees.
Thank you for the insight! Sorry for the late response - I didn’t get an email that anyone had replied.

I need help with an Amex dispute, which I've never had to deal with before. Short story:

I ordered $1,000 of Disney gift cards from BJ's online. Two weeks go by, BJ's says they shipped them but UPS says they never received them, so I call BJ's to see what's up. They initiate a return. I tell them no, I can't return something I never received in the first place. So they initiate an order cancelation, or so they claim. A few days go by and the order still isn't canceled. I call them back and they just act super confused at everything I try to explain to them. So I give up and open a dispute with Amex, which they resolve and close in my favor in less than one day.

Thinking the initial transaction is over with, I order a new set of $1,000 gift cards from BJ's because I still want them. This batch ships immediately. But lo and behold, the initial order became "unstuck" in the pipeline is and now also on the way to be delivered to me. So now I have $2,000 coming to me. I only want $1,000, and $1,000 has already been refunded to me by Amex (which I expect BJ's will contest).

What should be my next course of action?

I have 2 CC offers questions:
  1. Has a Princess Cruise offer popped up for anyone on Amex? I know I mentioned it a few months ago when I got offers for almost every other cruise line. We have one booked on Princess for May, but the $300/$350 off $1000 on the other lines are starting to make me think of rebooking. DH and I have them on multiple cards.
  2. Chase - anyone else use the Kate Spade 10% back offer? I used it on Nov. 10 and it still has not credited nor have I received an email that I used my offer. It specifically said it had to be Kate Spade Outlet or Surprise, which is what I used, but nothing. I know Chase offers can take a while, but it's been almost 3 weeks and I've had other offers I've used since then that have posted. Just curious!
Thanks!

Has a Princess Cruise offer popped up for anyone on Amex? I know I mentioned it a few months ago when I got offers for almost every other cruise line. We have one booked on Princess for May, but the $300/$350 off $1000 on the other lines are starting to make me think of rebooking. DH and I have them on multiple cards.
I have Silversea Cruises on my Everday and Uniworld River Cruises on my Blue Cash Everyday. Nothing on my Plat or my Gold.

Tried for Amex Plat retention this morning. I rarely use it and have been upset with their customer service this year. Got offered 20,000 points for $3000 spend. I declined. I will try again in a few days. If I get 40,000 point offer, I probably will keep it. I already opened a Gold, so I have a home for my MR points.
I'm facing a similar situation in a few months, except my Plat and Gold expire at the same time. What is your use case for keeping the Gold? I can beat 4x groceries with Blue Cash Preferred for a lower AF, and I can match 4x restaurants with Altitude Go with no AF at all. I'm looking for an excuse to keep the Gold around just because I like it, but I can't think of one.

I'm facing a similar situation in a few months, except my Plat and Gold expire at the same time. What is your use case for keeping the Gold? I can beat 4x groceries with Blue Cash Preferred for a lower AF, and I can match 4x restaurants with Altitude Go with no AF at all. I'm looking for an excuse to keep the Gold around just because I like it, but I can't think of one.
No reason other than I got it in September for the SUB. I’ll need to look at the BCP next year if I still have MR points to keep alive.

No reason other than I got it in September for the SUB. I’ll need to look at the BCP next year if I still have MR points to keep alive.
BCP won't save your MRs because it's cash back, so it's a different program. That's why I have the Amex Everyday, which is $0 AF but will preserve your MRs.

BCP is awesome though. $95 annual fee for 6x groceries.

For SW flights with a connection, do we check in once? Or separately for each leg though they were booked together? And EBCI has to be purchased for each leg?
If they were booked together and you have 1 confirmation number…you only need to check in once and both boarding passes will be generated and EBCI only has to be purchased once.
If you wanted to buy the upgraded boarding A1-15..that would have to be purchased for each leg

Working on my Chewy order for 20x. Anyone have a favorite dog shampoo? Looking at Buddy Wash. I have been using Burt Bee’s but Puggles still smells like a wet dog afterwards.
thanks for the headsup...I ordered 6 month worth of cat litter!

I need help with an Amex dispute, which I've never had to deal with before. Short story:

I ordered $1,000 of Disney gift cards from BJ's online. Two weeks go by, BJ's says they shipped them but UPS says they never received them, so I call BJ's to see what's up. They initiate a return. I tell them no, I can't return something I never received in the first place. So they initiate an order cancelation, or so they claim. A few days go by and the order still isn't canceled. I call them back and they just act super confused at everything I try to explain to them. So I give up and open a dispute with Amex, which they resolve and close in my favor in less than one day.

Thinking the initial transaction is over with, I order a new set of $1,000 gift cards from BJ's because I still want them. This batch ships immediately. But lo and behold, the initial order became "unstuck" in the pipeline is and now also on the way to be delivered to me. So now I have $2,000 coming to me. I only want $1,000, and $1,000 has already been refunded to me by Amex (which I expect BJ's will contest).

What should be my next course of action?
won't the original order be unusable since it was canceled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter