I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally it means up to 6 back but we'd need to see thr entire offer.

Most chase offers are one time vs some.on amex being total until you hit it.
Here is the full offer

Offer Details​

Earn 10% back on all of your Petco purchases, until a $6.00 back maximum is reached.

I accidentally used the same card twice it appears, and did more than $60, so I will find out LOL

In the last Office Depot round, I also did 2 transactions. I walked into Office Depot in Va, checking for Disney gift cards. They didn't have any but I needed a Sharpie. Next day I was credited for 26 cents.

Later I used the same card at a different Office Depot for a $110 Disney gift card forgetting about the earlier transaction. I got the credit for $10.74.

Some offers are cumulative, and some are not, but it appears they will credit if they are.

My husband and I don’t travel yearly is the only reason I’m not quite sure this would be our best match. Recently we have been but that was due to extenuating circumstances (a last minute thanksgiving trip two years ago and a trip that was cancelled and re-planned smaller this year due to a family surgery that was unexpected).
For what it's worth, you can make the CSR free for the first year. If you book a Southwest refundable fare that costs more than $300, then cancel the fare after the credit posts, you can use that $300 for anything. You can also do that within the first 30 days of your second year holding the card, then cancel and get a full refund of the second annual fee. So, you actually come out +$50 and enjoyed all of the benefits of the card for a year. There are ways to repeat this process indefinitely, but that may be more complicated than you're looking for right now.

The point of me bringing this up is that high annual fee credit cards often have things like free night certificates, airline credits or other credits that make having the card a net positive, regardless of how you value the sign up bonus. Whether you keep the card long term or not usually depends on how easy it is to use those benefits. For instance, the Hilton Aspire card by Amex costs $450 per year, but has a free night at ANY Hilton (I often get $700-800 in value staying at a Waldorf or Conrad), plus $200 in airline credits I use every year and $250 in Hilton resort credits that I use at the aforementioned Waldorf/Conrad. So, I'm getting $1,000+ in value per year for a $450 annual fee (in addition to free Diamond status, which has lead to upgrades and other perks). This game is all about the big picture/long term value, but in some respect you're pre-paying for your discounted travel with those high annual fees.

Last edited:
DD24 has put a Delsey Paris Chatelet Air suitcase on her Christmas list. It's pretty pricy and I've never heard of that brand. I wondered if anyone has used it / knows anything about if it's worth the price tag? I don't mind getting her a good piece of luggage, but just want to make sure that it is a brand that is worth it.

Thanks!

DD24 has put a Delsey Paris Chatelet Air suitcase on her Christmas list. It's pretty pricy and I've never heard of that brand. I wondered if anyone has used it / knows anything about if it's worth the price tag? I don't mind getting her a good piece of luggage, but just want to make sure that it is a brand that is worth it.

Thanks!
They were having a really good sale on Delsey at Macy's on Friday. They probably have something similar today. It is supposed to be an excellent brand; I'll be getting some of their suitcases for Christmas.

When I logged in today to check my bank accounts, I saw Citizen's is offering a Cyber Monday deal on a MMA, 4%. I've been looking for somewhere to stick some money. So I'm thinking this might be a decent option. My 17yo has the 13k sitting in her joint account w/ my dad. I kinda don't want to move it from there until she can open an account herself, just incase my sister DOES try to go after it. We told her my 17yo can't even touch it till 18 (we found out, she could at 17. So far we've taken money out to get her $10k ibond).

I have a Citizen's account I opened and did a bank bonus, to start hiding my dad's money, LOL. But it doesn't seem to be the right one to qualify for a MMA. I guess I need to figure this out afterschool. From looking at DOC, 4% seems pretty decent. So it might be an okay place to stash some money for now until I figure out something better I guess.

Sad my "Cyber Monday" deal is on a MMA, LOL.

You do have to wait until June. Also the current card (if you still have it) needs to be closed for at least 30 days.

The Hyatt bonus isn’t great though and it’s easier to earn URs and transfer instead (if you have a CSR/CSP/CIP). The CIU/CIC bonuses are great right now.

But if the goal is to chase Globalist then it’s a great strategy as you would get 5 elite nights from the current card and 5 again when you open the new card.
went to a hotel(s) during thanksgiving been waiting for the nights to post they haven't yet it will take me to 59, then one more day this year. Am i the only one who checks my account every few hours? asking for a friend.

So I booked a last minute trip to the Andaz Papagayo peninsula in Costa Rica. I know there was some chatter about this hotel awhile back (which inspired me to start looking and book!) We are here now so if anyone has any specific questions let me know!
awesome! were booked for next year cant wait. Feel free to post/link a review. Is it as good as the videos? better?

A few days ago I was able to snag 4 nights at the WA Cabo from January 18-22 (1 FNC from dd’s Surpass SUB and 3 nights pts.). The only issue is that I had booked flights with the credit from my cancelled AA flight here (using cash and 1 of dh’s SWUs) from January 16-20 before I left. I then booked 4 nights at the Andaz Cabo as a backup. So now I have to either change the flights or do 2 nights at the Andaz, then switch to the WA. I was able to get a ‘biz’ class direct flight home on a (dreaded) AC Rouge plane (the worst product AC has ever come out with) on the 22nd. So I can always cancel the return portion of my AA itinerary. Hopefully the WA will release more nights on points, but it’s not looking promising. I feel very lucky to get the nights here as I was searching last winter and didn’t see any nights.

Speaking of here, I am currently in Vienna. The OBB (train company) strike did happen today, so I am very glad that I came a day early. I had originally booked 4 nights at the PH Vienna (200k pts for 2 rooms), but switched to a lovely boutique hotel called the Guest House Vienna. It is very well-located, the staff are lovely, I love my room and there is a popular cafe downstairs. The price was unbeatable and since I am only in my room to sleep, I didn’t see the point of spending so many pts at the PH. I did see the PH today (8 min walk from here) and it looks stunning from the outside.

I went to a classical music concert at St. Peter’s Church last night and it was beautiful. I plan on going to another classical music concert tomorrow night at Schonbrunn Castle (and of course visit the Christmas market while I’m there).

1D6C0911-FE87-4FE0-A8B4-BEC3B5344445.jpeg7D18A619-872C-40D8-9AF5-80F3AD61A7C4.jpeg79784B4F-BD65-4796-962E-44A7E91F4459.jpegF9073D27-61A7-4AFC-9E45-6B7B76F5DB95.jpeg

We are back from Paris, we had a wonderful time. Unfortunately things started off very badly, but lesson learned. It seems like all the United flights leaving Tulsa left at least 4 hours late due to mechanical problems, which meant that we missed our AF flight out of ORD. We ended up having to cancel our flight, at a cost of $224 to get the miles back. Thankfully AF had plenty of saver awards leaving all weekend long, but just not in business. We ended up booking a flight for that same night, but missed it by 15 minutes. By some miracle AF rebooked us for free and also gave us hotel, lyft and food vouchers (I'm not really sure why, but I'm so very grateful). They called us while we were running across ORD to ask if we were going to make our flight and I told them we were running from our connecting flight but didn't make it. By the time we found the AF office the manager had already booked us on a flight for the following day, but then asked if we would rather get there 3 hours earlier (5:45 AM arrival) with a connection and we said yes so they quickly switched us.

I do have travel insurance that includes missed connection, but I'm not sure if they'll reimburse us for the $224 to redeposit our miles. I have to figure out how to file a claim. Next time we have 2 different tickets we'll be flying in the day before. I should have listened to you all on the DIS and not DH.

We missed our first day at DLP, but arrived in time for Early Park Entry so we had 2 full days. We managed to ride all the big rides and never waited more than 30 minutes for anything. The only thing we did miss out was on all the cool character meets they have all over the parks, I think with a 3rd day we would have been able to do character meets.

I'll try to write up a small trip report.

We did visit the new Delta Skyclub at ORD with our Amex Plat cards, our flight to JFK was on Delta, but we had to pay $39 for each of our girls. It is AMAZING, the bathrooms are awesome. I didn't get any pictures or eat any of the food from all the stress but it looked delicious. I did enjoy the mimosas.

And CDG departure passport control is extremely understaffed, I think they only had 5/6 workers at terminal 2E/F, not enough for the number of people leaving Paris through that terminal. It took us almost 2 hours. If you are over 18 (not traveling with children) with French/US/CAN passport it was a much shorter wait, maybe 20 minutes.

I've posted some pictures on my Instagram. Also, our Japan trip is in 200 days.

So I booked a last minute trip to the Andaz Papagayo peninsula in Costa Rica. I know there was some chatter about this hotel awhile back (which inspired me to start looking and book!) We are here now so if anyone has any specific questions let me know!
Ooh! Need to know all the details. Would love a trip report when you return.
Did you use the shuttle arranged by Andaz?
Big question, how is the food and what tours did you book?

I do have travel insurance that includes missed connection, but I'm not sure if they'll reimburse us for the $224 to redeposit our miles. I have to figure out how to file a claim. Next time we have 2 different tickets we'll be flying in the day before. I should have listened to you all on the DIS and not DH.

I literally just booked our positioning flight today from RDU to BOS for our trip to Ireland. I did book the day before and perhaps we'll go to a Red Sox game for that night. For the return, I did book same day with about a 3-4 hour layover. We might get stuck in BOS, but willing to take that chance on the return. I went ahead and booked the Jet Blue flight with cash -- there is a Cyber Monday deal and we saved $200 (total) for our 2 flights. I think you can save $100 per round trip for domestic direct flights if the flight is originally over $300 (save $50 for 1 ways over $150).

Speaking of Boston -- since we'll have an afternoon and all day before flying to Dublin, any suggestions for where to stay if we want walkable options for restaurants and the freedom trail? I've flown into BOS a bunch but always for work, which was actually in NH.

Recon isn't open on the weekend but you could call and see if there's anything the reg person can do. Not sure they can. But it HAS to get approved today for it to work.
Here’s the #- 800-346-5538
Thanks--I now show two cards in my account so hopefully it really did work--we'll see if the second shows up in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!