• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...I just switched from using a macbook to a pc...the disboards view is so different...is this normal? I see a wide banner of headlines down the right side of laptop screen now,unless I magnify to 150% I can't seem to get rid of it.... is this just how it is?

Ok...I just switched from using a macbook to a pc...the disboards view is so different...is this normal? I see a wide banner of headlines down the right side of laptop screen now,unless I magnify to 150% I can't seem to get rid of it.... is this just how it is?

Define 'wide'. On my screen - the headlines on the right side take up a little less than 20% of my screen width. Can't say I have ever considered it a problem.

I'm thinking this is not the best time to get a Mariott card? The best I'm seeing is 75K points for $3000 spend. I missed the five free nights promo this fall :sad:

Does anyone know if gift cards purchased thru Petco charge as petco or is it a gift card merchant? I have a few cards that have Chase Petco offers and Petco has 10% off their e-cards. I am wondering if it can stack the two? If not, I can stop by and get a couple of physical gift cards.

I did multiple to save on URs. I only had a few Hyatt points so I needed to transfer URs. With the rebate on points savings, I saved 10k URs I had to transfer by splitting over multiple stays And using the rebate points for nights. I’m lucky since there are two 5k points / night Hyatt places with 20 mins. I tried both just to see if any difference. Both were nice And the room layout exactly the same!

Thanks for explaining. We are stuck paying cash right now. Our "cheap" Hyatt wanted 12K per night (ugh) and it was actually a better deal with cash (maybe because DH found a discounted rate on they Hyatt site?). I just hope they don't check him out.

I'm on a Macbook Pro and I see the same banner. It's annoyingly taking up 25-30% of my screen width. :(

Anyone recommend and good Marriotts in Atlanta for GA Tech visit in mid-March? There's a Courtyard and a Residence Inn Midtown with okay reviews. There's Twelve Downtown (Autograph) a little farther from campus. Then some nice options in Buckhead. I figure we can use Uber. Want to add in a trip to the aquarium. I have a 35k and a 50k certificate and oodles of points.

Anyone recommend and good Marriotts in Atlanta for GA Tech visit in mid-March? There's a Courtyard and a Residence Inn Midtown with okay reviews. There's Twelve Downtown (Autograph) a little farther from campus. Then some nice options in Buckhead. I figure we can use Uber. Want to add in a trip to the aquarium. I have a 35k and a 50k certificate and oodles of points.
I haven’t stayed in any of the hotels you mentioned, but I live in Atlanta.

Buckhead is great, but it’s probably a bit too far from campus to get a feel for what life will be like. Also, the area of Buckhead that the Marriotts are near (by Lenox) is the worst part of Buckhead (in my opinion).

I’d recommend staying in the Midtown area, preferably on the West side of 75/85 so that you can be closer to Tech. The Courtyard by Marriott (Midtown) looks like your closest option and may be your best bet since you’re visiting to get a sense of the school.

If I weren’t visiting for Tech, I’d probably pick the Residence Inn in Midtown. It’s just more walkable to so much more that I find appealing.
Actually, that may be your best bet. You’re really no further from the heart of campus there.

I haven’t stayed in any of the hotels you mentioned, but I live in Atlanta.

Buckhead is great, but it’s probably a bit too far from campus to get a feel for what life will be like. Also, the area of Buckhead that the Marriotts are near (by Lenox) is the worst part of Buckhead (in my opinion).

I’d recommend staying in the Midtown area, preferably on the West side of 75/85 so that you can be closer to Tech. The Courtyard by Marriott (Midtown) looks like your closest option and may be your best bet since you’re visiting to get a sense of the school.

If I weren’t visiting for Tech, I’d probably pick the Residence Inn in Midtown. It’s just more walkable to so much more that I find appealing.
Actually, that may be your best bet. You’re really no further from the heart of campus there.
Thank you!!!

Just read on the GC thread that Staples currently has fee-free $100 MCGC online. Limit of 2 & free shipping. I thought for sure they would be gone, but I was able to purchase them.

Just read on the GC thread that Staples currently has fee-free $100 MCGC online. Limit of 2 & free shipping. I thought for sure they would be gone, but I was able to purchase them.
Thanks! I just did 2 orders using DH and my information and checking out as guest. Now to see if one of the orders gets canceled.

Can't comment on any Marriotts, sorry.

I LOVE the aquarium. Whale Sharks!!! They are so amazing. Just had to chime in to say great choice on the aquarium visit.

DH just applied for the JetBlue Business card. He got this message, should he call and ask about the additional information or wait for them to call him?

Thanks for submitting an application for the JetBlue Business Card.

We're processing your application and need additional information from you. In order to make this process as seamless as possible, we'll try to contact you at any of the phone numbers you provided in your application.
If we're unable to talk to you directly, we'll send a letter requesting additional information.
Thank you very much for your attention. We look forward to speaking with you.

I had the same message and was approved about 12 days later without doing anything.

@mfly gave you some great suggestions. We also live in Atlanta so I haven't stayed in any of those hotels. If you decide to branch out from Marriott, the Georgia Tech hotel sits right on Tech Square. We have stayed in the HGI and Embassy Suites at Aquarium/Centennial Park for Taylor Swift concerts. There also is a HGI on 10th Street. I would just plan on using Uber alot. The aquarium is great! Also, if she is certain I would get the housing deposit in asap. Picking dorms is based on when you paid the deposit. PM me if you have any questions.

@mfly gave you some great suggestions. We also live in Atlanta so I haven't stayed in any of those hotels. If you decide to branch out from Marriott, the Georgia Tech hotel sits right on Tech Square. We have stayed in the HGI and Embassy Suites at Aquarium/Centennial Park for Taylor Swift concerts. There also is a HGI on 10th Street. I would just plan on using Uber alot. The aquarium is great! Also, if she is certain I would get the housing deposit in asap. Picking dorms is based on when you paid the deposit. PM me if you have any questions.
Thanks! And I didn’t know that. She still has to hear from two more early action schools then see what financial aid she is offered at the schools she applied to so it will probably be two more months. And will definitely pm you with questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter