I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The business card will be under you or your spouse and would not affect the other person. There was a 100k offer for the biz card, but I think it expired. Looks like the personal 100k is still there.

Hard pulls may be combined if you do 2 cards on the same day. Approval may depend on number of inquiries or new cards you've had. If you don't churn, might not be an issue. Barclay biz cards can be weird, sometimes they ask for business docs and it sounds like a pain (the biz website is also awful).

Good luck!

Thanks.

To be clear, is it possible to get a business card and a personal card under the same name/ss?

FYI, The link from Dr of Credit still shows the 100k for business:

https://www.myjetbluebusinesscard.c...ellNumber=1&referrerid=PTRBAHPFXSPTRBABIZBNRF

Just popping on to say hi in the new thread. I've been out of pocket for quite a while, but have tried to keep up reading as much as I could. The last few weeks have been particularly hard, as I lost my job of 15 years on 12/29. That threw me into a bit of a depression, but I'm trying to pull up my big girl pants and move forward. DS just had a week of homeschooling with me after being sent home due to a possible COVID exposure at school, so that pulled me out of my funk. Had to be there for him so he wouldn't fall behind in schoolwork. This probably couldn't have happened at a better time though, because it made me push hard to get back to life.

Been scoping out job offers all week, but sadly there really isn't much in my area currently. This area is almost solely dependent upon the oil industry and jobs are super hard to come by right now. Updating my resume for the first time in over 15 years felt so strange, but now thta I've got it done I'm ready to put myself out there. Hoping something comes along soon, as my income was almost twice that of DH. Thankful we have savings to get us by for a while. That along with both of our vehicles being paid for eases my mind a bit.

For now, I'm just looking forward to our upcoming trips to Orlando to keep my spirits up. Praying this year has good things and new opportunities in store for me. Off to catch up in this new thread.
Ugh on the job loss, my husbands nephew just lost his engineering job also oil industry related......praying everyone can find new jobs soon...
Enjoy your trip to Orlando
Oh my, so sorry to hear of your job loss. I know that feeling - when the rug is pulled out from under you. There are so many 10s of thousands of jobs being lost in the energy fields right now. It's terrible. I didn't realize it would happen immediately. Good luck on the job hunt and I am also praying for the people impacted.

Anyone with a Rothy’s link care to post one on Dischurners? Would love to get a better deal on some loafers. Never bought from them before.

A couple of questions regarding closed cards:

I have a negative UR balance on a Chase card (because of a refund that posted after I closed the card). Do I need to SM them to ask them to transfer that negative balance to an open card, or will they eventually just do it on their own?

I have a credit on a closed Amex card (again, because of a refund that posted after I closed the card). Do I need to SM them to ask them to send me a check, or will they just do that on their own?

A couple of questions regarding closed cards:

I have a negative UR balance on a Chase card (because of a refund that posted after I closed the card). Do I need to SM them to ask them to transfer that negative balance to an open card, or will they eventually just do it on their own?

I have a credit on a closed Amex card (again, because of a refund that posted after I closed the card). Do I need to SM them to ask them to send me a check, or will they just do that on their own?
I am waiting to see what happens with the UR negative balance since I am in the same boat. I figured I would let Chase deal it on their own.

Yes, a check will come or if you have another AmEx with a balance you can request to have that balance transferred. That is the path I have typically taken.

Jeans sounds fancy (that's what I used to wear to the office). I've downgraded to joggers and leggings. And loving wearing my uggs.
Ha, the couple of times I wore jeans DH would complain that they were not work appropriate. Not that we have a dress code and plenty of people wear jeans to the office along with shorts and anything else.

Got it. There are mypoints and swagbucks activites that are not taxable. The cash back portals are also nontaxable. So I have to report the income shown on the 1099-K then net out the nontaxable income (which is about 70% of what is reported). It's a hassle and my taxes are already complicated because I'm not a w-2 employee.
I received the 1099-K too and wondering how to deal with this. I have 3 ebay sales worth $100 each and minimum profit and received a $1800 1099-K. Most of my Paypal is Rakuten, Rebatekey payments. I guess the process will involve filing a Schedule C but not sure how you plan to 'net out' the cashback as an expense to offset the income.

Been waiting to see the AF post on my AmEx BCP because I planned to downgrade it. I check my charges every few days. I guess I'm used to seeing the AF on Chase cards show up as an obvious item, but apparently AmEx just added it to my statement in November without it ever showing up online as a charge. I was organizing statements from 2020 tonight and noticed it. Not a happy camper. I haven't even used the card in 2 months, and had to pay the AF. They will pro-rate it but still I am angry.

@lsutigers30 You have to wait 48 mo before you are eligible from date you received the bonus. As for keeping it open so referral points post you have 30 days to close the Acct. If your spouse signed up now it might post in time depending on the date your af posted

Thanks for the info. My AF will post in March and both of us are over the 5/24 until April. The bonus for referring her is more than the $95 AF so I was going to let the AF post and get the referral bonus and wait for her account to get the 60K bonus because I want to transfer the points to my account and from my account to my Rapid Rewards account. Then I was going to PC my CSP to a CFF. I have a CF already but I assume I can still get the CFF via PC. I'm wanting to try and double up on the 5% categories. Someone let me know if this isn't possible.

Can I get another CIU even though I already have one?
Yes but if you are worried go for the CIC

Thanks for the info. My AF will post in March and both of us are over the 5/24 until April. The bonus for referring her is more than the $95 AF so I was going to let the AF post and get the referral bonus and wait for her account to get the 60K bonus because I want to transfer the points to my account and from my account to my Rapid Rewards account. Then I was going to PC my CSP to a CFF. I have a CF already but I assume I can still get the CFF via PC. I'm wanting to try and double up on the 5% categories. Someone let me know if this isn't possible.
If you are paying the af why not keep it for the year

DH ;) applied for a CIU this morning using my support link and was instantly approved with a 3k CL...will SM to move $3k of his CIC CL over to the CIU for a property tax payment.
Applied as a SP...with our eBay business info 23 years in business 15K business income.....retail books hobbies..other misc retail, .other mis retail...well under 50% of household income on his other chase cards...2 business and 3 personal

question on doordash credit...does it automatically credit to the CSR if that's the card used for the order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter