I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt Regency Osaka? After everything with Shanging DL right now I want to book Osaka just in case. I'd only been worried about whether HK and China would let me in, I never thought about potentially getting stuck there due to contract tracing etc.

The two Hilton's show as sold out, so I'm guessing they haven't opened for Sept 2022 yet. But I like the 6500/night of the Hyatt. I don't think I'll heave enough for the Hilton for 4 nights with the 5th free.

The Hyatt is close to Universal, which I like but I'll have to take the subway anywhere else, but I'm ok with that. If the Hilton opens I could always split it up but the low Hyatt rate is too good to want to really.

What is going on with the SW free change window? What are the new rules?
It hasn’t been around like in the glory days for quite some time. Now, it seems limited to flights that have been changed by SW. SW does frequently change schedules, so if you’ve got a lot of SW points, you could speculatively book cheap but undesirable flights and hope they get changed, so that you can rebook to more expensive, more desirable flights.

It hasn’t been around like in the glory days for quite some time. Now, it seems limited to flights that have been changed by SW. SW does frequently change schedules, so if you’ve got a lot of SW points, you could speculatively book cheap but undesirable flights and hope they get changed, so that you can rebook to more expensive, more desirable flights.
I’ve been watching their flight schedule, I think I know which one will get changed, if I pick correctly can I change the date (to the previous day) or just time?

Saw this on Reddit : https://global.americanexpress.com/...sel,MULTIPR,Carousel,Offers,SingleLink,i83174
Free night with $8k spend. Worked for my Aspire.

A huge, huge thank you for posting this. I would kiss you if I could (in a very politically correct, appropriate way, of course). 😁 We are just moving up some home remodeling and I thought I'd have to postpone it bc we have so much spend coming up and not enough cards to put it on, especially with the SW CP cards kind of holding us hostage on spend through January.

We've gotten great value out of our free night certificates- about $1500 a night at the Waldorf Astoria Pedregal in Cabo. Now I don't have to put off that remodel and I'll still feel like I'm getting great value without adding another card.

ETA: Worked on my Aspire, but not DH's (he just opened less than 2 months ago.)

I’ve been watching their flight schedule, I think I know which one will get changed, if I pick correctly can I change the date (to the previous day) or just time?
It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to take advantage, but I believe you can move it plus or minus 14 days. Hopefully someone else can chime in and confirm or correct me!

Spent a relaxing weekend at Ventana Big Sur. Weather was nice and we were treated to a beautiful sunset at dinner the first night. Second night was a sea of fog, but memorable in its own way. I feel extremely fortunate as last weekend was pouring rain and high winds.

I put up a review on the hotel thread. :)

47ED65FF-9A9B-415A-B173-8A3EADD7CC57.jpeg

Interesting. I had the Hilton offer on my free card. Dh did not. Now is this better to spend on than a new SUB? Probably not I suppose. I am without an MSR once again so need to do something. I’m not sure we would have a use for a free night these days.

Accidentally posted this in the wrong place before so reposted here:

Looking for some help if anyone is willing to help out. Not brand new to the board but began planning for a trip and then COVID hit and put all those plans on hold. Looking to go to WDW next summer. We have the following Chase business and personal cards between my spouse and I: Ink Business Unlimited (both), Ink Business Plus (both), Ink Business Preferred (both), Ink Business Cash (spouse), Freedom (both). By "both" I am meaning each with our own account and not as an authorized user. Between all the Chase cards we have almost 354,000 Ultimate Rewards points. I've read that you can transfer the Ultimate Rewards points to Marriot rewards and then redeem for stays at the Dolphin or Swan. Do we need an active Marriott rewards credit card to do this? We don't have any currently open but I have checked and have a Marriot rewards account with a working login and a handful of a few thousand points there. Just didn't know if you need an active Marriott card or a specific Chase card to do the transfer or even how you do the transfer...

The second question is more in regards what else should I be looking at as a targeted strategy to further reduce trip costs. I didn't know if I should be looking at the Citi Premier or Citi Prestige as an option for park tickets. We haven't had any new credit cards in at least a couple years; maybe longer (I'd have to try and check a free credit report to be certain). And there maybe better things I should be looking at or other cards. So, if any more experienced or expert users wanted to chime in, it would be greatly appreciated.

In regards to a new card, if you are up to collecting more URs and having a better redemption rate, the CSP just wrapped an all time high bonus of 100k URs. The good news is there are still DPs of the offer being live if you apply in-branch, plus the $95 AF is waived. I'd recommend this card for P1 and P2. But, you have to act quickly- probably within the next few days, but it could disappear anytime. You can then redeem URs at .0125 cents rather than the 1 cent redemption rate you'll get, if you are booking through the Chase Travel portal.

Before transferring points to an awards program like Marriott, I'd always check that same rate through the Chase Travel Portal (assuming you get the CSP). Let's say you can get that room at the Swolphin for 50k per night. If it's $300 through the travel portal, with a CSR, you'd pay only 24k URs. Of course through Marriott, there's the 5th night free when booked on points. You can do the math, but you'll probably still come out ahead with booking through the portal.

There are two SW business cards, you can see the second one via support links ….
if you have a SW card generate a support link and it will show up…if not look on our Reddit Dischurners group for one
So he can still get 2 business cards it that’s what works best for your planning
Thanks again. I was able to see both card options and DH was instantly approved for 1st card.

3 Amazon shop with points offers on DoC today. Got the Discover one to work for DH and the Amex one to work for both of us.

Also, an e-mailed Instacart/Hilton offer. 2 months of Express free and 3750 Hilton points. I don't use Instacart anymore, but seems like some easy Hilton points. I was able to add the unique promo code to my existing account. Then I went in and canceled my membership, which is really just turning off auto renewal since it doesn't cancel until the 2 months is up.

If it's worth it, you might be able to book a really cheap motel for 1 night and just not use it. I think you have to call if you don't want the hotel dates to match the flight dates. Unless it's a reservation within 30 days, Delta takes a deposit. So you might be able to use this offer more than once on the same booking (twice if it's around $2000, 3x if it's $3000 or more).

For anyone looking, Delta Vacations has WDW Disney hotels.

ETA: There might be a 2 night minimum for hotels to be part of a package. Couple years back there was a 2 cpp Delta Vacations redemption promo and a bunch of strategies came out from that.

There's also an Amex Offer for Delta that came out a couple weeks ago, not sure if those have run out already.
Yes, I was up on all the ins and outs of that Delta promo... Oy! I still have 6day park tickets from that promo that we were going to use on a canceled Mar 2020 trip. Which reminds me I need to get them applied to my upcoming 2022 trip!

3 Amazon shop with points offers on DoC today. Got the Discover one to work for DH and the Amex one to work for both of us.

Also, an e-mailed Instacart/Hilton offer. 2 months of Express free and 3750 Hilton points. I don't use Instacart anymore, but seems like some easy Hilton points. I was able to add the unique promo code to my existing account. Then I went in and canceled my membership, which is really just turning off auto renewal since it doesn't cancel until the 2 months is up.

And...If you did the Chase Instacart offer for free Express membership through April 30, the Hilton offer should stack, so 2 additional months. It stacked for me. DOC info Chase offer

Chase credit card promotion
From October 11, 2021, through January 31, 2022, customers who sign up for an Instacart Express membership with an eligible Chase credit card can receive a free membership until April 30, 2022, and $10 off their next order of $35 or more. Customers who were Express members on or after September 30, 2021 are not eligible for this offer. See full terms and conditions below.

For those who opened the Kabbage acct, do you have to have 5 transactions using your PIN or just 5 transactions using the card?
I just got my card and reloaded Dunkin 5 times for $2 each.
Now, I’m wondering if those count since I don’t need the pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter