I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we need a new TV and Dell no longer carries them 😢
There are not many things at Dell I'm interested in TBH. But I ordered a portable wifi receipt scanner, just because there's pretty much nothing else I could find a use for. If all the offers fall into place (10% Dell amex offer, Biz Plat credits, Topcashback) then I'll actually be making a profit on the purchase.

There are not many things at Dell I'm interested in TBH. But I ordered a portable wifi receipt scanner, just because there's pretty much nothing else I could find a use for. If all the offers fall into place (10% Dell amex offer, Biz Plat credits, Topcashback) then I'll actually be making a profit on the purchase.

heh, i think i found something to use every year with Dell. Get a printer!
Then every half year, u just buy ink. win for everyone! :D

So, the 12yo (who has given me a lot of grey hairs this year), lost his airpods at some point. He never owned up to it, but we've also never found them. On Tik Tok I saw people talking about the "knock offs" off DHGate. For $20 I thought I'd take a gamble. I got DS a pair and planned on making them a Xmas present. They came this weekend. I opened them up and the look and function JUST LIKE airpods (down to even showing up on the "find my" app). DS recently got in trouble on the bus a few times. I thought about getting him some $15 headphones, so he can zone out what his friends are doing on the bus. Well these came faster than I expected. So he got an "early" christmas present. I passed them off as the real deal to him, and told him he better take care of them this time. He's over the moon! I also told him I expect no more issues on the bus now as well! Yes, I'm fully aware I'm rewarding him. But he has ADHD and is so impulsive and motivated by friends/bad behavior. So I need to zone him out!

My BF decided to buy the Airpod pro knock offs (which I was thinking of getting for myself, I have the original airpods). Once his come, I'm going to see how nice they are, and I might splurge (all of $30, LOL).

These come in the same "thick" apple box. Have a serial number and everything when you open them. Pair just like real ones, etc. Just thought I'd share for those of you who have younger kids, and don't trust them with a $150 pair of earbuds! I'm not sure how long they last, the battery life, etc. But for $20, I'm okay if he goes through a set or 2, until he gets more responsible, and then maybe get him a real pair again.

And of course, I put it on a CC :rotfl2:

DH has opened 2 cards this year (AMEX/CSP). I want him to get a Marriott card (preferably from Chase due to the annual fee) but I'm concerned he'll be denied. He has excellent credit but when he applied for the CSP they had to move credit from his Freedom and gave him only $5K (I also opened CSP this year and they gave me $17K). I have been the primary on most of our cards for our entire marriage because I do all the money stuff. He is 2/24. There is zero chance he will call a recon line.

Do you think he should hold off before applying for more cards?

Some Marriott changes. I think this one is interesting.
Plus, coming in early 2022, if you have a Free Night Award certificate, you can combine it with up to 15,000 points from your account (or that you’ve purchased) to access even more hotel and resort stay options.

Though this might negate good?

Our current redemption process with hotel categories will remain in place through February 2022. After that, you won’t see hotel categories (1–8) or redemption rates classified as Off-Peak, Peak, or Standard.

From Marriott FB page:
Hey, Insiders. We wanted you to be the first to know that we’ve heard your feedback and have made a number of updates to give you more time, flexibility, and options to make the most of your travels. Here are the details:

Your 2019 earned status, which we already renewed through February 2022, or your 2020 status, will be extended through February 2023. You’ll continue to receive your Elite benefits when you travel again.

Extending Suite Night Awards and Free Night Awards Through June 2022

We’re extending eligible Suite Night Awards and eligible Free Night Awards through June 30, 2022. Certain hotels have resort fees. Terms Apply. Plus, coming in early 2022, if you have a Free Night Award certificate, you can combine it with up to 15,000 points from your account (or that you’ve purchased) to access even more hotel and resort stay options.

Pausing Points Expiration Through December 2022

We're pausing the expiration of points through December 31, 2022. At that time, your points will only expire if your account has been inactive for at least 24 months.

More Redemption Flexibility

In March 2022, we’ll introduce new flexible point redemption rates that move more closely in line with hotel rates, giving you additional options. Hotels and resorts will still have a minimum and maximum number of points for redemption rates that will more closely align to how they’re categorized today.

Our current redemption process with hotel categories will remain in place through February 2022. After that, you won’t see hotel categories (1–8) or redemption rates classified as Off-Peak, Peak, or Standard.

You can look forward to these updates in your account by December. We know how much you’re all looking forward to travel and hope these updates help you experience the benefits you’ve earned. Safe travels and, as always, you can visit our Help Pages on marriott.com for updates or questions.

Learn more about these updates here: marriottbonvoy.com/Status22

Last edited:
DH has opened 2 cards this year (AMEX/CSP). I want him to get a Marriott card (preferably from Chase due to the annual fee) but I'm concerned he'll be denied. He has excellent credit but when he applied for the CSP they had to move credit from his Freedom and gave him only $5K (I also opened CSP this year and they gave me $17K). I have been the primary on most of our cards for our entire marriage because I do all the money stuff. He is 2/24. There is zero chance he will call a recon line.

If they are having him move credit, then the likely issue is his total credit limit with Chase. Does he have other cards from past years? If so, I would have him call in or SM to reduce any credit limit for a card not being used or where you already met the MSR down to $500-$1000. Chase generally does not want to exceed 50% of your income in total credit lines.

Do you use the same household income for both of you?

Plus, coming in early 2022, if you have a Free Night Award certificate, you can combine it with up to 15,000 points from your account (or that you’ve purchased) to access even more hotel and resort stay options.

From Marriott FB page:
Hey, Insiders. We wanted you to be the first to know that we’ve heard your feedback and have made a number of updates to give you more time, flexibility, and options to make the most of your travels. Here are the details:

Your 2019 earned status, which we already renewed through February 2022, or your 2020 status, will be extended through February 2023. You’ll continue to receive your Elite benefits when you travel again.

We’re extending eligible Suite Night Awards and eligible Free Night Awards through June 30, 2022. Certain hotels have resort fees. Terms Apply. Plus, coming in early 2022, if you have a Free Night Award certificate, you can combine it with up to 15,000 points from your account (or that you’ve purchased) to access even more hotel and resort stay options.

We're pausing the expiration of points through December 31, 2022. At that time, your points will only expire if your account has been inactive for at least 24 months.

In March 2022, we’ll introduce new flexible point redemption rates that move more closely in line with hotel rates, giving you additional options. Hotels and resorts will still have a minimum and maximum number of points for redemption rates that will more closely align to how they’re categorized today.

You can look forward to these updates in your account by December. We know how much you’re all looking forward to travel and hope these updates help you experience the benefits you’ve earned. Safe travels and, as always, you can visit our Help Pages on marriott.com for updates or questions.

I was just coming here to point out what I think is the biggest change - NO MORE AWARD NIGHT CATEGORIES. It's going all dynamic pricing after March 2022. It's not exactly tied to the nightly price like say a Southwest flight is, but it'll be a range like Hilton does now.

This is bad news for some high priced, low category redemptions. On the other hand, perhaps the Swolphin will make more sense now in some seasons.

Anyone with Marriott plans for next year should start planning strategy now. If you think it'll go up, try to lock in now. But keep in mind points advances don't lock in a rate and are only good short term now. And don't go crazy with speculative points transfers unless you were planning to do it anyway. Would suck to have a bunch of UR stuck as Bonblah points. However, good to have a plan, backup plan, and an alternative given that we have no idea how good or bad this may shape up.

Oh, and to address your statement there -
BONVOYED! again

Should we have expected anything less? :laughing:

The website is definitely confusing. This is what is says: https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

Points earned through spending using the Rapid Rewards Credit Card will count toward Companion Pass qualification based on when they are posted to your Rapid Rewards account and NOT based on spending date. The points post to your Rapid Rewards account after your statement closing date.
Credit card points posted to your Rapid Rewards account in 2021, including bonus points, will count toward qualifying for a 2022 Companion Pass.

I have been considering this card however I'm a bit worried about all the issues Southwest has been having lately. Any thoughts?
Yes, the wording is tricky. What you need to remember is, you want to earn a CP for 2023 (2022 will be a thrown in bonus). If you earn a 2022 CP, that means your points are earned in 2021. Your pass would be valid for the remainder of 2021 and 2022.

IMO, I have no worries about SW.

Yes, the wording is tricky. What you need to remember is, you want to earn a CP for 2023 (2022 will be a thrown in bonus). If you earn a 2022 CP, that means your points are earned in 2021. Your pass would be valid for the remainder of 2021 and 2022.

IMO, I have no worries about SW.
Agreed on SW. I think pretty much everyone has issues right now for a variety of reasons but there's nothing wrong with their business model to my knowledge so I have no worries.

Question for those that have used the AMEX hotel credit. Looking at booking the Dolphin with AMEX travel. Two nights on my DH's card, 2 on mine. Will they be able to link our reservations so we don't have to move? Do I do this with AMEX travel?

From Marriott FB page:

So my 50K FNCs that expired Jan15, 2022, are now good till June 2022? I guess I can plan on using them for Spring Break w/ my kiddos. I was hoping to use them in Hawaii next July.

So this begs the question, I was going to cancel my Chase Marriott, (renews this month), but I know when I contacted them last month about extending, they asked if I still had the card. So I guess I need to wait one more year till I use the free points.

And if I'm reading this right, I can use the 50k FNC on 65k properties now, as long as I have the extra 15k each night, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter