I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you hold multiple CFF and/or CFU AND get multiple SUBs? DH (my P2) has 2 CFFs (one from a downgraded CSP and one from a downgraded CSR - both downgraded in November 2020) He also has a CFU (applied and approved in January 2021; SUB received 2/26/21).

I'm trying to figure out his next play. He's not eligible for a CSR/CSP SUB until December 2023. He can't even make a case for a business card with a straight face. I prefer URs over hotel or airline points, which brings me back to my initial question - can he apply for another CFF or CFU and get the SUB?
He can get another CFF or CFU bonus 24 months after his last bonus...and cannot currently have the card.

Last edited:
We absolutely loved our Alaska cruise on Royal Caribbean. We left out of Vancouver - those seemed to have slightly better itineraries for us, because there was time for more stops and fewer sea days.

edited to add: our cruise was me, DH, and our two sons who were then 13 and 15. We all absolutely loved it.
Thanks. Which RCCL ship did you go on? DS will be 15 at cruise time.

Newbie here, looking for some advice!

I have a Southwest card and a Disney card (both are the "base" models) and I am signed up for the current 5x points promo with both cards. My question is which will give me more bang for my spending buck. I have a couple (tentative) vacations to Florida over the next year, including running the Dopey challenge at Disney so either reward will get used (we only fly SW and I only fly on points because I like the flexibility if prices drop). I just want to save the most amount of $$$.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

You save the most amount by maxing both and doing the Southwest first, just in case you run out of spend.

My offers were 5% up to a max $1500 spend on both cards.

I have the Hyatt offer and the Disney offer. Hyatt points are worth more to me so I'll spend that $1500 first. That will get me 7500 Hyatt points which will be worth at least $150. Then I'll continue and do the Disney 5%, worth $75 to me.

I looked over what had to be paid in the next 3 months and found groceries, utilities, insurance premiums, easily equaling the 3K spend I needed and then some. My other 'best' cards are 4%,3% or 2% or lower, plus a 5% business card at office stores. I already paid 3 months ahead on my electric bill, so I've almost finished the Hyatt card, less than 2 weeks in, between the electric, one insurance bill, groceries and my natural gas bill.

We were on Radiance of the Seas. I’m a big ship girl (actually, we are a big ship family!) so I was skeptical of the small ship, but it was great for Alaska! I have a ridiculous amount of Alaska info (I’m a spreadsheet maker!) if you’d like it.
I would have to take any and all info, if you don’t mind PM’ing to me.

We absolutely loved our Alaska cruise on Royal Caribbean. We left out of Vancouver - those seemed to have slightly better itineraries for us, because there was time for more stops and fewer sea days.

edited to add: our cruise was me, DH, and our two sons who were then 13 and 15. We all absolutely loved it.

Never been on one but unless you want to visit seattle and/or victoria, leave out of Vancouver and see more of Alaska. Victoria is nice but I would rather visit when there's not a ton of people in port since the downtown area is relatively small with not a ton to do so places will be more crowded.

WWYD? TSA/GE.

I have TSA precheck currently. It expires on 10/2022. I didn't have a passport at the time which is why I went w/ it vs GE. I have one card that I have a GE/TSA credit on (my IHG card). I was thinking of getting my 16yo TSA precheck as she does fly solo to see her "other family" in TX (it's her bffs who moved there). And my children are spoiled getting it when they fly with me. She's also flying in/out of DFW when she visits, so I'm sure that helps cut down some time for her.

But now I have a passport and a BF who's a pilot, LOL. We don't have any plans to fly international right now, but we have talked about it. He's got clearance to skip all lines and enter/exit via secret locations (as I like to joke). Would having GE be beneficial sooner than later? I guess I'm asking if I'm coming back from the Caribbean or Mexico (the only 2 places we might go), how much of a pain is customs?

My thinking is, I'm kinda losing out on a year of TSA if I get GE now, and I would be using the credit vs having my 16yo get TSA. At the same time, I'm thinking of getting her a passport soon (I just need to verify how long it's good, we need them for her 18th in Ireland), so it might make sense to hold off on hers too, and get her GE. I guess if I go international this summer, I don't want my BF upset that he gets to clear everything super fast and has to wait for me.

I have the IHG credit now, and the Chase will be able to be used April 2022 (I think). I guess in reality my daughter might be flying 3 or 4 times tops solo between now and next April. So maybe she can wait (first world problems). So do I "waste" a year of TSA precheck (I have) or is customs not that bad, lol?

I've got two big balances to pay in the next couple of days- taxes and upcoming WDW trip for May. Either balance will finish off the Amex Plat MSR for the SUB so at a minimum I know I want to pay one balance with that card. I also have Disney, Hyatt, CSR, and CSP cards. Thoughts on where to put the remaining spend for the most earning power? The taxes are the larger of the two, so didn't know if I should go for more MR or more UR. Or I could just pay the taxes by check to avoid the processing fee as well. I appreciate any opinions/thoughts in case I'm not considering something. I'm hoarding all points for Hawaii Sept '22 trip and will use both MR and UR.

PlanePrincess and I each have an Aspire card. It’s my favorite sock drawer card. We haven’t taken the plunge back to our normal international travel just yet so decided to use our FN certificates closer to home. We booked separate reservations for one night with our certificates at the Hilton Marco Island. The rooms were going for over $900 per night this weekend. When we arrived Friday night they combined our reservations so we didn’t have to switch rooms. I asked if upgrades were available since we have Diamond status with our Aspire card and we were upgraded to the top floor with a full ocean view room. The standard night we booked was for a partial ocean view. We were also given breakfast vouchers good for $23 per person at the restaurant or market place and $15 drink vouchers.

The room was clean, although I did find a few spots they missed. I imagine most people wouldn’t have noticed but we are in the habit of wiping down rooms and plane seats. The food and the drinks and the restaurant were good. Not on par with Calusa’s at Bakers Cay in Key Largo but definitely worth it if you’re looking for reasons not to leave the resort and do as little as possible. I’m not a beach person and am quite content to sit on the balcony enjoying the view. Walks on the beach at sunset are the extent of beach activities I enjoy and collecting interesting seashells.

We used our breakfast certificates for bagels with smoked salmon, capers, egg, onion and cream cheese and some avocado toast. Both were quite tasty. Their cocktail creations are also fantastic

Given the choice to burn a FN cert on another staycation, I’d be fine with staying here again but still prefer Bakers Cay.

View attachment 567877

View attachment 567878

View attachment 567879

View attachment 567880

View attachment 567881

View attachment 567882

I stayed there in Feb. You got luckier than me. They said they had no upgrades left :( I did enjoy the free beach chairs and umbrella though :)

After yesterday's travel fiasco, I decided to fly Reagan to Traverse City nonstop this summer because I'm temporarily boycotting connections. Found main cabin seats on American for < $350 a ticket. Used URs.

Now I'm on the phone with SW to see about changing my companion from DD to DS since she's headed to college soon.

After yesterday's travel fiasco, I decided to fly Reagan to Traverse City nonstop this summer because I'm temporarily boycotting connections. Found main cabin seats on American for < $350 a ticket. Used URs.

Now I'm on the phone with SW to see about changing my companion from DD to DS since she's headed to college soon.
I thought you could change the CP online?

I've got two big balances to pay in the next couple of days- taxes and upcoming WDW trip for May. Either balance will finish off the Amex Plat MSR for the SUB so at a minimum I know I want to pay one balance with that card. I also have Disney, Hyatt, CSR, and CSP cards. Thoughts on where to put the remaining spend for the most earning power? The taxes are the larger of the two, so didn't know if I should go for more MR or more UR. Or I could just pay the taxes by check to avoid the processing fee as well. I appreciate any opinions/thoughts in case I'm not considering something. I'm hoarding all points for Hawaii Sept '22 trip and will use both MR and UR.

depends on your profile. If J class seats is what your chasing after, go for MRs... if Y class is fine and/or you have kids to fly with you, UR will be the better choice.

depends on your profile. If J class seats is what your chasing after, go for MRs... if Y class is fine and/or you have kids to fly with you, UR will be the better choice.

Thank you! This has me thinking that the Disney balance should code as travel which earns me 3x rewards on the CSR. Those UR are the most flexible for us.

DS has requested to go on an Alaskan cruise. Any cruise line recommendations besides Disney? Preference between leaving out and c Seattle or Vancouver?

I've sailed out of both and prefer Vancouver. Of course, one of my favorite hotels-Fairmont Pacific Rim is there-so so nice and the spa is great...also a quick walk to the cruise terminal. I cannot recommend any other lines since I've only sailed DCL to AK but both times the cruise was excellent-I really need to return. Hmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter