I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the CSP's PYB for grocery stores definitely extended beyond April 30th? In my Chase account it says grocery through 4/30 and they added charity through 12/31.

Through Hennepin Theatre Trust? I may have to go, my wife wants to see it again and I wouldn't mind.
LOL yep, Hennepin Theatre Trust, you missed the last two schedulings that never happened. Tickets are about as pricey as they get in MN. They probably won't be on sale to the general public for about a year and a half. I don't think they had gone on sale yet for the late July 2021 run yet, before it was moved out. I bought some for my dh/ds and my neighbor, as I had access. I am not sure if I can buy more at this point with the move out. I can see, if you want.

I may call tomorrow. Ds is having a meltdown over having to possibly sit next to a stranger but I’m not paying $40 for priority seating for a 90 minute flight.
I'm so sorry, I feel your pain. I hope the FA's can work with you and get you both together. I can not imagine not being beside my son, it just wouldn't go over well at all. He can not handle it.

You can use SW twitter rather than sit on the phone with them. They've been able to handle all of my requests. Somewhere in a shuffle of flights my kids lost EBCI, where dh and I kept ours. They ended up refunding all of them and we ended up with A boarding together. I had noticed the drop just prior to check in time and reached out.

Honestly is ebci actually worth doing?
I only get it for our flights out of MCO so we don't have to worry about check in from the park. A few times it's been fine, but with flight shuffles there is a risk of it dropping even if you do as they say and have them move it and tell you need them to do it so you don't lose EBCI. I'll probably continue to use it via airline credits only so I don't have to stress over checking in while we are at a park (and check occasionally to make sure it's still there), but otherwise until things calm down I wouldn't spend money on it.

LOL yep, Hennepin Theatre Trust, you missed the last two schedulings that never happened. Tickets are about as pricey as they get in MN. They probably won't be on sale to the general public for about a year and a half. I don't think they had gone on sale yet for the late July 2021 run yet, before it was moved out. I bought some for my dh/ds and my neighbor, as I had access. I am not sure if I can buy more at this point with the move out. I can see, if you want.
No but thank you. I bought my wife season tickets to the theater in Appleton for 2019-20 just so she could see it. I'm hoping that now that it's on Disney+ tickets won't be as expensive. I'll pay $40-50, but I won't pay the prices they were getting here for it in Nov. 2019. My wife's whole season ticket was less than what they were getting for one seat.

If I paid the annual fee for CSR in Sept and downgrade it, will they prorate and refund the annual fee? I’d like to apply for the CSP since I’ve had CSR since 2016.

No but thank you. I bought my wife season tickets to the theater in Appleton for 2019-20 just so she could see it. I'm hoping that now that it's on Disney+ tickets won't be as expensive. I'll pay $40-50, but I won't pay the prices they were getting here for it in Nov. 2019. My wife's whole season ticket was less than what they were getting for one seat.
I wouldn't count on $40-$50. With my pricing, and no ticketmaster fees, my neighbors two tickets were $190, and that is the 2nd or 3rd pricing tier.

Omg we have a super sarcastic flight attendant who ended her speech to the plane saying if anyone had a problem to find one of the other three attendants because she didn’t care. And we are going to be sitting on the ground for at least an hour because there are so many flights in front of us. Feel bad for the dog but glad I sprung for a2 and a3 so we are together.

Here is Ngwira's mention. I could only copy for some reason.

[IMG alt="Ngwira"]https://www.disboards.com/data/avatars/m/457/457017.jpg?1566443473[/IMG]
Ngwira
DIS Veteran

JoinedJan 14, 2013
Jul 10, 2018
Spent the weekend at the Hyatt Place in Dewey Beach Delaware which is 2 miles from Rehoboth Beach. Used free night certificates when cash rates were $400 plus for a summer weekend. Free breakfast included. Free parking as well. Weather was perfect-in the 70's, we needed hoodies lol. Boardwalk was crowded which is not unusual. Overall, had a great time, especially since we only paid for gas, tolls and food. Perfect summer weekend trip. I also did some damage to the wallet as they have a chain of outlets and NO SALES TAX.

We ate at Cooter Brown's and Iron Hill Brewery which was perfectly fine. Any questions, just ask.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018

(Not sure what boardwalk she is mentioning - maybe in Rehoboth?)
Yes, it was the one in Rehoboth Beach!

I only get it for our flights out of MCO so we don't have to worry about check in from the park. A few times it's been fine, but with flight shuffles there is a risk of it dropping even if you do as they say and have them move it and tell you need them to do it so you don't lose EBCI. I'll probably continue to use it via airline credits only so I don't have to stress over checking in while we are at a park (and check occasionally to make sure it's still there), but otherwise until things calm down I wouldn't spend money on it.
I have the southwest card that gives (I believe) 4 priority seatings. I've never used them because of covid, but now I'm not even sure how to use it.

Well I got the note from my mortgage that they approved my request to end escrow! So now I need to set up a savings account for just my "escrow". I'm "excited" to possibly be able to pay off those big "bills" now with a card :)

I couldn't even justify the Plat AF as it is now, if the pop up ever goes away, the Plat will not be a possibility for me at that new fee.
You and me both! I've given up on Plat Amex at this point. I'm hoping at some point the popups stop. Last time it took a month or so and Amex was happy. I'm going on like 5 mos, and spending on all 3 of the cards I have. I decided to take the upgrade offer Amex offered on my Everyday so maybe that will make them happy. Who knows.

Grand Rapids was on my list of places to go. It's a gorgeous little town and I have not been there for nigh on 2 decades (I'm old). However, the Covid cases going through the roof in Michigan is very worrying so, I crossed it off my list.
Our cases are high, but part of that is due to the fact that EVERY kid 13-19 playing sports HAS to test AT LEAST weekly (some up to 3 times a week) for sports right now. I'll avoid my rants here....but Michigan is a mess. I'm actually happy my 16yo decided to sit out soccer this spring, and my DS is only 11 so no testing for his hockey team. The state is BEYOND burnt out. She asked high schools to go remote next week. Ummmmm, we have required state testing that they didn't waive so we can't go remote. And the superintendents are like if you want us to go remote the health department needs to make that call. They mentioned the testing too. Our numbers skyrocketed when we all went back to school. Most were doing 50% of the students, but then they tied school funding to being in person more and dropped the social distance to 3'. So most are 4 or 5 days in person. I liked that the superintendents mentioned that as well! It just goes to show that those in charge have no clue what happens in schools. I'd avoid coming to MI not because of our cases, but because we're still so shutdown. I'm expecting more items will be closed again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter