I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that all makes sense. I’ve gotten the card twice and DH once with no problems so I didn’t realize those were issues. We weren’t really working hard to find cards with the best redemption values so just liked that we earned a flat 2x on everything and redeeming is so easy. Now that we’re looking into the whole rewards thing a little more deeply I can see this is just an average card. I think we’ll keep one though as long as we can get the AF waived.
Ooooh you are quickly becoming one of us...

giphy.gif

FINAL REMINDER: Chase, Amex & Misc Support Link THREAD REFRESH has been completed. OLD threads are now removed (although you should be able to access your specific comment via your reddit comment history if you still need to complete the steps below).

ANYBODY is welcome to share their support links in these threads. The instructions are at the top of each one.

For those that have previously posted, the easiest way to move them over is:
1) Go to your OLD comment in the OLD thread (you'll see the old threads listed near the bottom of the DISchurners feed)
2) Click EDIT
3) COPY the entire comment text in the edit box
4) PASTE the comment text as a NEW comment in the NEW thread (you'll find the new threads near the top of the feed)
5) CHECK all links to make sure they are active and working
You do NOT need to delete your old comment when done, you can just leave it in that thread.

This process will help you not have to re-do all your formatting.
Side Note: It is best to access DISchurners in old reddit. (https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/)

Side Note 2: I would also advise that you check to make sure that all of your links are accurate and working!!

I don’t do animal movies as rule. I simply cannot stand it when something sad happens to the animal. I partially blame my parents for us watching Old Yeller as a kid. (Dang that was one scarring movie. Ought to be rated R for the damage it did to my psyche!)

Same. I won’t watch any of them. Also, they all seem to feature golden retrievers, which is what I have, so it’s definitely a hard no!

Ok, I know I asked about this yesterday, but can somebody talk me through linking my magic bands and tickets like I’m a 5 year old? I can see my tickets for next month on MDE. When I click on MBs, I can only see my previous MBs, and nothing shows up for DH. The only other one I see there is one we got for FIL after he lost his mid-trip in September. I tried to add DH’s September MB and it won’t let me saying it’s linked to another account. Any ideas?? I just want to make sure I can get my fastpasses (tomorrow!) and not have to stand in line at guest services the morning we get to WDW since I need to try to get boarding groups for ROTR!

Ok, I know I asked about this yesterday, but can somebody talk me through linking my magic bands and tickets like I’m a 5 year old? I can see my tickets for next month on MDE. When I click on MBs, I can only see my previous MBs, and nothing shows up for DH. The only other one I see there is one we got for FIL after he lost his mid-trip in September. I tried to add DH’s September MB and it won’t let me saying it’s linked to another account. Any ideas?? I just want to make sure I can get my fastpasses (tomorrow!) and not have to stand in line at guest services the morning we get to WDW since I need to try to get boarding groups for ROTR!

Does your husband have his own MDE? If so, see if they show up when you are logged in as him. If they don’t, they are still probably linked to his account and MDE is just being flaky. I don’t think you will be able to do anything to link the MBs because they are likely already linked. Making FPs shouldn’t be a problem as long as your tickets are in MDE (and hotel if that applies).

We use old bands all the time and they just seem to work (even when they don’t show up in MDE). That is a terrible explanation, of course, because it doesn’t help when you want to fix it. You could try calling to see if they are linked correctly before your trip. Hope one of these things works! And sorry you are caught in MDE frustration!

Does your husband have his own MDE? If so, see if they show up when you are logged in as him. If they don’t, they are still probably linked to his account and MDE is just being flaky. I don’t think you will be able to do anything to link the MBs because they are likely already linked. Making FPs shouldn’t be a problem as long as your tickets are in MDE (and hotel if that applies).

We use old bands all the time and they just seem to work (even when they don’t show up in MDE). That is a terrible explanation, of course, because it doesn’t help when you want to fix it. You could try calling to see if they are linked correctly before your trip. Hope one of these things works! And sorry you are caught in MDE frustration!

Thank you! Yeah I just checked his account and his MB isn’t showing up there. I think I’m going to call WDW today just to make sure it’s all straight and figure out what’s going on with his MB. I know I don’t have to have it, but I like using MBs lol.

see, this is why I should only go on weeklong, on site Disney trips where everything is provided for me :rolleyes:

The CIC doesn’t have support does it? I’m going to apply my husband for this - his last Chase was last June- as I want the 0% for my kids school reregistration. Product changing a CIP to a CIC won’t get me the 0% will it? I plan on paying it in May when there is no tuition payment plus the 5% categories will be very useful. Thanks so much!!

Question about Chase SW cards. DH last got the SUB for a personal and a business card in 2017. I was thinking of having him wait until next year to do them again because I have the CP through the end of this year and I usually like us to alternate. However the 75,000 is so tempting it's hard to pass up. I see for now referral link shows the offer is good through 2/18. DH got the CO Venture in Oct 2019 and CIP just approved last week 1/17/20. Nothing else since the two SW cards in 2017. Any thoughts on him applying for at least one of these by 2/18 or are we playing with fire? DH and I bought APs to WDW this year since we were going early January and again in March, so would love to go another time or two this year but need more RR points.

Oops, my Sams Club membership renewed overnight. I don’t want it anymore- can I get it canceled and get a refund?

Question about Chase SW cards. DH last got the SUB for a personal and a business card in 2017. I was thinking of having him wait until next year to do them again because I have the CP through the end of this year and I usually like us to alternate. However the 75,000 is so tempting it's hard to pass up. I see for now referral link shows the offer is good through 2/18. DH got the CO Venture in Oct 2019 and CIP just approved last week 1/17/20. Nothing else since the two SW cards in 2017. Any thoughts on him applying for at least one of these by 2/18 or are we playing with fire? DH and I bought APs to WDW this year since we were going early January and again in March, so would love to go another time or two this year but need more RR points.

Since he just got the CIP I would have him support you to that. Are you ready for a new card? I can't remember your stats. I think that was your plan anyway. But the 100K URs can be moved over for SW points. The SW bonus goes up and down frequently. This is a good one, but likely it will go up again sometime this year.

Since he had so much time between the SW cards in 2017 and the CIP last week...I’d try on 2/17 for the 75,000 offer.
Is the personal SW card from 2017 closed ? ....if not it needs to be

Pretty much any movie starring an animal is tragic. My sister saw the cover for the book when it came out and said, “I’m not reading that, I just know the dog is gonna die”

We had to look away for a while. On the upside, we watched the end of the Blackhawks game and saw Patrick Kane score his 1000th point!
My son is still really bummed. He is a Packers fan because my dad was. He says he’s the only one left to be a Packers fan like grandpa and he takes it pretty seriously. He also endures a lot of crap from kids at school so he says he’s going to get picked on at school Tuesday.
He sounds like a true fan. He probably wasn’t old enough to enjoy the 2010 Super Bowl.
I may have this wrong, but I think you live in the Chicago area. So when he gets crap from all the Bears fans, he should just remind them they could have had Patrick Mahomes. That usually shuts them up, as that decision will haunt them for decades.

Since he just got the CIP I would have him support you to that. Are you ready for a new card? I can't remember your stats. I think that was your plan anyway. But the 100K URs can be moved over for SW points. The SW bonus goes up and down frequently. This is a good one, but likely it will go up again sometime this year.
Yes I was planning to get the CIP next. I was just going to wait two more months because I had a personal Chase app last month. I don't know... not worried about the MSR on multiple cards because we have a lot of big things coming up in the next couple months, but just want to make sure we don't over do it too much with the apps too close together.

Since he had so much time between the SW cards in 2017 and the CIP last week...I’d try on 2/17 for the 75,000 offer.
Is the personal SW card from 2017 closed ? ....if not it needs to be
Yes it is closed. If he does decide to go for one, is it better to do the business or personal? He could do the other later this year to get the CP for remainder of this year and next year. We really don't need him to get CP this year, just want the RR.

Oops, my Sams Club membership renewed overnight. I don’t want it anymore- can I get it canceled and get a refund?

Yes, I called them a few months ago to cancel. Told them I didn't know it was on autorenew and wanted to cancel it. They told me at first that they couldn't do it over the phone (can't remember what number I called, whatever google told me) and that I had to go into a local store to cancel it. I asked for the number to the corporate office, called them, and they had no problem doing it.

Yes I was planning to get the CIP next. I was just going to wait two more months because I had a personal Chase app last month. I don't know... not worried about the MSR on multiple cards because we have a lot of big things coming up in the next couple months, but just want to make sure we don't over do it too much with the apps too close together.

Yes it is closed. If he does decide to go for one, is it better to do the business or personal? He could do the other later this year to get the CP for remainder of this year and next year. We really don't need him to get CP this year, just want the RR.

if the personal will not put him at 5/24 I’d apply for it since the 75 k bonus is the highest I have seen.

On the dog movie myself, husband, and especially my middle are the same way. My oldest wanted to see “A Dog’s Purpose” and my husband said he would take her (I don’t think he realized what it was about). He was not happy with me after. I actually felt bad...my oldest wants to be a veterinarian and will probably succeed at it and be a good one since she doesn’t see a problem with those movies. My middle at the end of last year watched in school some movie where the dog is left at a train station for basically his whole life. Basically she came home sobbing and for the next week would periodically start up again. We have a pact now. If someone wants to show her an animal movie she does not want to watch she can call me and I will come get her or arrange to have her not watch it. She is the kid who is okay with other scary movies (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park) but a dog or other animal in peril is her undoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!