I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious on thoughts if there is a reason for both P1 and P2 to have the CSR? Right now DH has one and I downgraded awhile back to a CFU. I still really can't see any reason to upgrade mine at this point because even if I want to pay of lots of now eligible purchases, I can just transfer the points to DH's CSR? Right?? I very often overlook things that most see clearly :o

Thanks!
I downgraded P2 to a Freedom but I made my DD an AU on my CSR. She was studying abroad last fall and able to make good use of the lounge access. Her roommates also enjoyed the perk! I kept her on for another year in anticipation of multiple trips and getting my family of 5 lounge access.

Curious on thoughts if there is a reason for both P1 and P2 to have the CSR? Right now DH has one and I downgraded awhile back to a CFU. I still really can't see any reason to upgrade mine at this point because even if I want to pay of lots of now eligible purchases, I can just transfer the points to DH's CSR? Right?? I very often overlook things that most see clearly :o

Thanks!
We only have one CSR, and transfer points as necessary.

If you upgrade to a CSR and use the $300 credit it’s still $150 you’ve spent for it. If you max out the $1500 5x grocery in June, that gets you 7500 x 1.5 cash out = $112.50 which is still less than the $150 you spend to upgrade. Could you get Chase offers to offset that gap of $37.50 just to break even? Maybe if you’re lucky. TBH I don’t see it being worth it since you have one CSR already.

Its so strange to refresh MDE and just see checkin/checkout for the two reservations. Everything else has slowly fallen off, so much work planning then re-planning. Called again today to move them both to 2021 but the system is still being "Magically Enhanced" and cannot handle my request. :rotfl2: I might have to start using that term at work when a system goes belly up. :cool1:

Well I just did it. I just pulled the plug on our once in a lifetime 30th anniversary trip to Aulani, that I worked so hard to plan out. Too many unknowns, and this has just sucked all the planning fun out of it. By the time we knew if we would go, it would be too late to finish planning. And if I waited till an opening date was announced and we didn't want to go at that point, I would have lost all my DVC Points. So, I just finished chatting with MS, and my trip is now gone.
Now to deal with the airlines...Delta owes me a full refund for what they did to my flight. AA however, hasn't changed anything, so who know what they are going to let me do.
So now I will have a 31st anniversary trip to Aulani and a 30th anniversary road trip, probably to South Dakota LOL. Comparable yes?

Question for Hilton Head fans: I’ve looked on Disney’s website to see about a cash stay at the DVC resort. Are they taking reservations right now? It doesn't say they aren‘t, but all the dates I tried didn’t have availability. Trying to figure out if they’re all booked up or if there’s still a chance.

AA however, hasn't changed anything, so who know what they are going to let me do.
Is the AA flight after September 30th? I’m in the same situation. Need to cancel an AA flight to Hawaii on October 1st. I’m in wait and see mode.

Question for Hilton Head fans: I’ve looked on Disney’s website to see about a cash stay at the DVC resort. Are they taking reservations right now? It doesn't say they aren‘t, but all the dates I tried didn’t have availability. Trying to figure out if they’re all booked up or if there’s still a chance.

I think the system as a whole is down right now, and they have blocked all new reservations. I talked to a really nice lady Friday and she said that since Tues its been unavailable. She was able to almost get my reservation moved, got everything she needed but it would not take at the end.

Edit; Didn't notice the question was for Hilton Head, My head gathered the info and put it as WDW DVC stay. :confused3

Last edited:
No luckily it’s before that. But it was booked before all this started.
According to AA’s website flights through September 30th should at the very be least changed for no fee, but I get the impression they may be fully refundable. I’m pretty positive flights booked with points are fully refundable with no fees. I haven’t called yet as I’m hoping they’ll extend the change date beyond September 30th. If you learn something I’d appreciate hearing your experience

ETA: this was our 25th Anniversary trip. I share in your disappointment ☹️

Well I just did it. I just pulled the plug on our once in a lifetime 30th anniversary trip to Aulani, that I worked so hard to plan out. Too many unknowns, and this has just sucked all the planning fun out of it. By the time we knew if we would go, it would be too late to finish planning. And if I waited till an opening date was announced and we didn't want to go at that point, I would have lost all my DVC Points. So, I just finished chatting with MS, and my trip is now gone.
Now to deal with the airlines...Delta owes me a full refund for what they did to my flight. AA however, hasn't changed anything, so who know what they are going to let me do.
So now I will have a 31st anniversary trip to Aulani and a 30th anniversary road trip, probably to South Dakota LOL. Comparable yes?
Sorry about Hawaii. I have plans for Jan/Feb. I am still hopeful.

South Dakota - Badlands, Mt Rushmore, Needles Hwy, Sylvan Lake, Custer SP, Bison, prairie dogs, Deadwood. Hopefully will be fun, though not at all like Hawaii.

I just read an essay by Ann Patchett on an RV trip she took with her husband (Camping, 1998) that started in Billings, Montana (I'm going to geek out here and admit that I'm currently reading a compilation of her essays). It sounds like an amazing experience. I recommend reading the essay if you have a moment.

Nothing at all to do with credit cards, except I found the promotion on Doctor of Credit. JetBlue was giving away a bunch of tickets to health care workers. I nominated my daughter, a physical therapist who volunteered to work with Covid19 patients, and she won! Two round trip tickets. Very happy for her, as I could tell she has been extra stressed and anxious these past few weeks.
My sister and mom nominated my cousin who's a nurse in CO, he won! Congrats to your daughter!
It’s been a rough day at our house today 😕. Elliott threw up twice in a row after being bottle fed breastmilk. He’s never thrown up before and it was A LOT of vomit. Dh was holding him upright when it happened. Then he spit up a bunch about two hours later. This was the first time he’s ever spit up too. He doesn’t have a fever or anything and he’s sleeping fine now. There hasn’t been excessive crying either. He seems pretty happy most of the time. The pediatrician said it’s normal but it’s hard to watch a one month old baby vomit and spit up so much on top of the gas he’s already dealing with
I know a lot have chimed in on this...both my kids had reflux. It was a nightmare w/ my DD. My ped blew me off for 3 mos. I switched peds, and immediately the new one said, she has reflux. We started meds and she was a new baby. When my son took his first bottle, I knew right away, he was a reflux baby too. My ped made me wait a few weeks before she'd put him on meds. But again, game changer. Also in the hospital the nurse had suggested I have them tummy sleep...yes, I know it's not "allowed". Both my kids were holding up their heads at birth (what happens when you have 9.5lb babies, LOL). So my kids were tummy sleepers. You can only take so much of the screaming in sheer pain! As far as the sleep, Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Baby (I think the title) was my bible! My nephew was a terrible sleeper until I "bootcamped" him on a visit here using the books techniques. My sister became sold and used it on him and her 2nd. I love that it walks you through all the different developmental stages and how sleep will change.

Can anyone chime in on the CSR now w/ the $450 renewal......

I am one of the early peep. I hit my 48 mos in October. My plan was originally to cancel the card, wait a month and get the CSR again to get the SUB again. But now that it's $450 again, I'm wondering if it's smarter to ride it another year. I'm assuming new approvals are $550 AF, or likely would be in Nov/Dec. I don't have a need for the URs right now. Also if you cancel your card Chase doesn't prorate your AF back does it?

I'm excited to finally be in the home stretch of the school year (6/12). And excited Michigan FINALLY is getting "ungrounded". With more stuff opening up....I'm hoping maybe I can start using the benefits of having a pilot BF and we can start traveling on the weeks I don't have my kids, LOL.

Its so strange to refresh MDE and just see checkin/checkout for the two reservations. Everything else has slowly fallen off, so much work planning then re-planning. Called again today to move them both to 2021 but the system is still being "Magically Enhanced" and cannot handle my request. :rotfl2: I might have to start using that term at work when a system goes belly up. :cool1:
Mine are all gone too. I remember wondering if I should even bother making FPs lol Maybe should have just gone with my intuition on that one.

Now I'm just anxiously awaiting Wholesale to open so I can get kids added to my reservation. I have a feeling that's going to be necessary to ensure park reservation. I'm kind of selfishly hoping DVC gets a little priority and a DVC cash stay will count for that. So many variables and unknowns right now.

Mine are all gone too. I remember wondering if I should even bother making FPs lol Maybe should have just gone with my intuition on that one.

I am sure glad I didn't get up at 6AM to make mine, Did them around 9AM and got everything. Had I had the slightest intentions of going I would have gotten up to make them at opening time.

Now I'm just anxiously awaiting Wholesale to open so I can get kids added to my reservation. I have a feeling that's going to be necessary to ensure park reservation. I'm kind of selfishly hoping DVC gets a little priority and a DVC cash stay will count for that. So many variables and unknowns right now.

From the Special Reservations line I have been calling, sounds like canceling works 100%, modifications work 50% and new is 0%. So you might have luck getting a modification made. I did get an app push notification today confirming I would be able to make early park reservations when available. This was about a day after I received an email they updated my reservation to a Recovery20 package, pretty much just removed the dining plan.

My sister and mom nominated my cousin who's a nurse in CO, he won! Congrats to your daughter!

I know a lot have chimed in on this...both my kids had reflux. It was a nightmare w/ my DD. My ped blew me off for 3 mos. I switched peds, and immediately the new one said, she has reflux. We started meds and she was a new baby. When my son took his first bottle, I knew right away, he was a reflux baby too. My ped made me wait a few weeks before she'd put him on meds. But again, game changer. Also in the hospital the nurse had suggested I have them tummy sleep...yes, I know it's not "allowed". Both my kids were holding up their heads at birth (what happens when you have 9.5lb babies, LOL). So my kids were tummy sleepers. You can only take so much of the screaming in sheer pain! As far as the sleep, Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Baby (I think the title) was my bible! My nephew was a terrible sleeper until I "bootcamped" him on a visit here using the books techniques. My sister became sold and used it on him and her 2nd. I love that it walks you through all the different developmental stages and how sleep will change.
He ended up having a uti. He’s been much happier since we’ve been home from the hospital and he’s been on antibiotics. He smiles all the time! He’s a completely different baby

Chase retention offer DP....DHs Personal SW cards $69 fee hits 6/1 called and received a $35 statement credit.

I do want to upgrade it to the priority for the 4 free upgraded boarding....does anyone how the year to use them works ? Will it stay with his May anniversary date of the original Plus card or if we upgrade in say October would we have until 10/21 to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter