I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So DD graduates high school this Friday. Her school is doing graduation by appointment. The only people in the auditorium will be two school officials, DD, and she's allowed to have 5 family members. They've said they won't even be handing her a diploma because they don't want any contact at all- literally just walking across the stage. Such a bummer all around. Really hoping our WDW trip for August works out. We had planned to go in March with her softball team and they announced parks closing just a couple days before we were supposed to leave. They made the nice free dining recovery offer- which for a family of 4 adults is an awesome deal- and I made a reservation for June. DD had her own reservation number through the team, so I made a back up reservation for August in her name. Good thing now that the June reservation is out too!! Although now they've cancelled the DDP in place of 35% off the room. Not nearly as good of savings considering we were staying at POP, but if it works out that we can go we will. Really hoping we can make this trip happen, but waiting to see if they'll require masks at that time. I say all that to say, if we have to cancel that, we still really want to do SOMETHING. We're still kicking around Hawaii, but not sure how that's looking because their governor seems very reluctant to opening to tourists anytime soon. I read that they're thinking of opening to Japan and some other places in July, but no plans yet for US mainland. The posts about Hilton Head have me curious. For those who go there- what is there to do in that area besides beach and golf? Or are those the main attractions? DD and I could sit on the beach for days on end but DH and DS need some active things to do.

On another note, anyone frequently using Serve? I have some questions I'd like to pm about if open to it. Thanks!

So DD graduates high school this Friday. Her school is doing graduation by appointment. The only people in the auditorium will be two school officials, DD, and she's allowed to have 5 family members. They've said they won't even be handing her a diploma because they don't want any contact at all- literally just walking across the stage. Such a bummer all around. Really hoping our WDW trip for August works out. We had planned to go in March with her softball team and they announced parks closing just a couple days before we were supposed to leave. They made the nice free dining recovery offer- which for a family of 4 adults is an awesome deal- and I made a reservation for June. DD had her own reservation number through the team, so I made a back up reservation for August in her name. Good thing now that the June reservation is out too!! Although now they've cancelled the DDP in place of 35% off the room. Not nearly as good of savings considering we were staying at POP, but if it works out that we can go we will. Really hoping we can make this trip happen, but waiting to see if they'll require masks at that time. I say all that to say, if we have to cancel that, we still really want to do SOMETHING. We're still kicking around Hawaii, but not sure how that's looking because their governor seems very reluctant to opening to tourists anytime soon. I read that they're thinking of opening to Japan and some other places in July, but no plans yet for US mainland. The posts about Hilton Head have me curious. For those who go there- what is there to do in that area besides beach and golf? Or are those the main attractions? DD and I could sit on the beach for days on end but DH and DS need some active things to do.

On another note, anyone frequently using Serve? I have some questions I'd like to pm about if open to it. Thanks!

On the bright side, at least you will be able to get some pictures. I have none of DD's college graduation this year.

On the bright side, at least you will be able to get some pictures. I have none of DD's college graduation this year.
You're right, I'm at least glad for that. I'm really sorry for you and your DD. It's been a tough year for grads all over. DD's school did a student survey and it was either this way or a virtual ceremony. If we hadn't moved into our state's yellow phase it would have been virtual.

Wow that's tough. Our town did a drive through parade to recognise the seniors which was pretty cool, and they have tentatively scheduled the graduation ceremony for late July - not sure on the details, but I think they are hoping that all goes well with the reopening and that the restrictions will have been lifted enough to hold a ceremony outdoors on the football field.

So sorry for your DD, the graduation plan is understandable but disappointing nevertheless. Hope you can make some of your trips you've planned.

As for Serve, there's info on Dischurners under the MS thread, you can see the previous versions of it too for more info. If you still have questions after reading through there you can PM me.

I’m looking to get a CSP for the 60k SUB and then upgrade to the CSR. What does upgrading look like? I assume it needs to be done after the SUB points post?

Curious on thoughts if there is a reason for both P1 and P2 to have the CSR? Right now DH has one and I downgraded awhile back to a CFU. I still really can't see any reason to upgrade mine at this point because even if I want to pay of lots of now eligible purchases, I can just transfer the points to DH's CSR? Right?? I very often overlook things that most see clearly :o

Thanks!

I’m looking to get a CSP for the 60k SUB and then upgrade to the CSR. What does upgrading look like? I assume it needs to be done after the SUB points post?
You can't upgrade/downgrade cards until you've had it for 1 year.
You would have to upgrade a Chase Freedom/Freedom Unlimited that you've had for more than 1 year

You would have to upgrade a Chase Freedom/Freedom Unlimited that you've had for more than 1 year

I have had it for more than one year, just wasn't sure if there was any reason to do it since DH has a CSR that we can redeem from?

Doh moment. I have an insurance payment which semi-annual. The bill is a generic printout with the company name, address and phone number. I’ve tried to find a website in the past and also tried Plastiq payments, both unsuccessful. So I resigned myself to mailing a check, ugh. Today when I got a bill, I remembered an Amex offer for insurance and decided to call the insurance company (like many of you, I hate calling anyone). Sadly they do not take Amex but they do take Visa so I put it on my CFU. 1.5x better than nothing. No idea why I didn’t call sooner.

Thanks!

To be clear, if I get the CSP for the SUB I won’t be able to upgrade my existing Freedom which I’ve had more than a year due to being restricted to only one sapphire product every 48mo, correct?

Thanks again.

Curious on thoughts if there is a reason for both P1 and P2 to have the CSR? Right now DH has one and I downgraded awhile back to a CFU. I still really can't see any reason to upgrade mine at this point because even if I want to pay of lots of now eligible purchases, I can just transfer the points to DH's CSR? Right?? I very often overlook things that most see clearly :o

Thanks!
I really can't think of a reason at this time.

Thanks!
If you can both use the travel credit (now groceries too) and would make enough points to offset the $450 AF then it might be worth it. I’m sure someone will have the exact numbers already crunched as to how much you’d need to spend to make it worthwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter