I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I need to figure this out. I hate Twitter.
Also be prepared when you do find them in stock, they go FAST. We were able to get one at walmart on launch day, but it was crazy. By the time we got to the place order page, it went out of stock, even with our payment and everything saved. We just had to click and it still wasn't fast enough. We refreshed a few times and luckily were able to get one.

Also be prepared when you do find them in stock, they go FAST. We were able to get one at walmart on launch day, but it was crazy. By the time we got to the place order page, it went out of stock, even with our payment and everything saved. We just had to click and it still wasn't fast enough. We refreshed a few times and luckily were able to get one.
Btdt. Had one in my cart numerous times.

Our dues are in the neighborhood of $10k a year so we employ a few different strategies. We use the Ink Plus (no longer available but Ink Cash would be a close equivalent) to purchase Disney GCs at office supply stores for 5x UR Points per dollar.

I will take advantage of Amex Offers that allow me to buy Disney GCs at 10% off. Last month I purchased $1,000 in Disney GCs at a gas station with my BonBlah Brilliant card. I had an Amex offer for 10x at gas stations and one for spend $1,000 to get a $100 statement credit.

I will also use part of the dues payment to hit MSR on a new credit card. Usually by purchasing discounted Disney GCs via Sam’s or BJs.

Forgot to add my question - what gas station has disney gift cards? I don't get to very many these days and usually it's the pumps at Costco.

I did the $400 bonus for $15,000 deposit this year. Worked fine.

After I had it opened long enough to get the bonus, I transferred the funds to their higher yield savings account (accelerate?) but closed it later as I have been having some other issues with Citi. Even though they let me transfer $15,000+ into the savings, they have daily and monthly limits on how much you can withdraw, which makes me very angry! I also have an American Express high yield savings and they let me transfer any amount I want. Don't get between me & my money!
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Thanks for the notification tips! While I was out running errands he changed his mind to the PS5. So I'm still on the hunt but now for the PS5. He said he heard Walmart was going to have them at 3:00. I have no idea where he heard that but I'll check at 3:00.

We have an MSR-sized bill to pay, so DH just applied for the Hyatt card and he was approved! :) First new card in a long time over here. I had wanted to wait for the end of December so our FNCs would line up better but it's pretty close and the bill can't wait until then.

I never got around to reviewing again 😂 you’re safe. LOL!

I probably need to do that at some point here. But not this weekend - it’s Masters weekend!!

Oh, good. I haven't had time to work on those links either. Thanks for giving us more time.

Thanks for the notification tips! While I was out running errands he changed his mind to the PS5. So I'm still on the hunt but now for the PS5. He said he heard Walmart was going to have them at 3:00. I have no idea where he heard that but I'll check at 3:00.
PS5 and XSX will be available on Walmart "Black Friday" apparently starting at Nov 25th 7 PM ET, online only.

We have an MSR-sized bill to pay, so DH just applied for the Hyatt card and he was approved! :) First new card in a long time over here. I had wanted to wait for the end of December so our FNCs would line up better but it's pretty close and the bill can't wait until then.
congrats! I love my Hyatt card!

Does anyone know the answer to this question on redeeming Chase UR for a rental car? I seem to remember it being discussed awhile back, lol. If I redeem points under my CSR for the rental, does my CSR rental car insurance benefit apply or do I have to actually pay using the card?

Used my amex offer at best buy for gc. Amd remembering to use the right card at each spot though I might've used my msr card at the grocery instead of my gold but it was only 12 bucks. Just need to remember to use my csr when I get groceries tomorrow.

Does anyone know the answer to this question on redeeming Chase UR for a rental car? I seem to remember it being discussed awhile back, lol. If I redeem points under my CSR for the rental, does my CSR rental car insurance benefit apply or do I have to actually pay using the card?
Yes, the insurance applies. Although, I usually put a couple of dollars on my CSR just to be safe :)

Used my amex offer at best buy for gc. Amd remembering to use the right card at each spot though I might've used my msr card at the grocery instead of my gold but it was only 12 bucks. Just need to remember to use my csr when I get groceries tomorrow.
That is what I am orbits by going to do. Was going to use it towards a PS5 but who knows where I will be able to get one. I might try to order GC online from Best Buy instead of going to the store.

I have a bunch of 10% Lowes offers and the Best Buy offer that I have to turn into Disney gift cards. And today I found another on my CSP, this time for up to $19 off. So, $130 x 4, plus $190 plus $250 - that's $960 towards my dues, with $96 back. Also have some RiteAid but haven't been able to check the store - maybe tomorrow as I'll get to that neighborhood.

I found out my mom sent the preserved roses from Amazon. She said she couldn't get an order from 800flowers to go through. I'm kind of scared she now knows how to order from amazon. I suspect there are some odd presents in my future.

Just send her a wish list even if it's just 'regular' stuff. I have to keep my kids straight or I'd be up to my ears in 'stuff' that they would struggle to decide on. I already have too much 'stuff'. Stuff equals thoughtful gifts that take up too much space.

Yes, the insurance applies. Although, I usually put a couple of dollars on my CSR just to be safe :)
I did round off the UR and put like 4 bucks on my CSR (I must have remembered that idea from the previous discussion lol.) So you just waive the Rental Agency insurance then? That will definitely be a little scary for me on pick up day. :scared:

I did round off the UR and put like 4 bucks on my CSR (I must have remembered that idea from the previous discussion lol.) So you just waive the Rental Agency insurance then? That will definitely be a little scary for me on pick up day. :scared:
If you did the skip the counter stuff with alamo you already did all of that. Decline everything they try to sell you, between the Chase coverage and your personal insurance you should be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter