I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha we were definitely down there this morning.
There was a family with 5 children and I said nope don’t think that’s her. Doesn’t look like the same husband in the pic. We didn’t make down until 9:15 or so since we are just relaxing at the resort.

we were probably there at the same time! But I’m the husband :). Also definitely not us with the 5 kids!
Is it possible... and stick with me here... that you accidentally cross dressed this morning and joined a single father with 5 children for breakfast??

AfraidPlayfulAfricanbushviper-small.gif

Last edited:
Okay either add to, or quell my FOMO on the Plat Amex. What can 100k or 125k give me in the world of MRs. I've only got 16k MR from the Everyday I opened (simply because it was a 0/0 card). I know all the perks you can get with the AF (Saks, Uber, etc). But trying to decide if I need 100/125k MRs right now if I can watch this one pass by.

Okay either add to, or quell my FOMO on the Plat Amex. What can 100k or 125k give me in the world of MRs. I've only got 16k MR from the Everyday I opened (simply because it was a 0/0 card). I know all the perks you can get with the AF (Saks, Uber, etc). But trying to decide if I need 100/125k MRs right now if I can watch this one pass by.
I feel like @Albort could provide some good thoughts here!

I managed RT flights MSP-MCO for 17,000 last year on Delta. I'm currently saving my MR for a Europe trip in the front of the plane whenever that can happen.

First class flights or like some of us, cash out via CS Plat. Or like @alryan and @Judique HD GCs for home improvement projects or John Deere lawnmowers. CS Plat will make 100k MR = $1250 or 125k MR = $1562.50.

I managed RT flights MSP-MCO for 17,000 last year on Delta. I'm currently saving my MR for a Europe trip in the front of the plane whenever that can happen.

I have Delta miles but my 15yo wants to ring in her 18th in Ireland on her bday (St. Patrick's day). So I do need to start planning for that (2023). But I'm SURE there will be more 100k offers before then, LOL.

Curious too. I don't fly or stay in hotels much, so my plan is to just accumulate them for a while, then get the Charles Schwab Platinum which lets you cash out MRs at 1.25x into a Schwab brokerage account.

First class flights or like some of us, cash out via CS Plat. Or like @alryan and @Judique HD GCs for home improvement projects or John Deere lawnmowers. CS Plat will make 100k MR = $1250 or 125k MR = $1562.50.

I'd need to get a CS Plat to do that at some point, right? Is the CS Plat a different product to the tune of meaning you get another signup bonus offer?

I have Delta miles but my 15yo wants to ring in her 18th in Ireland on her bday (St. Patrick's day). So I do need to start planning for that (2023). But I'm SURE there will be more 100k offers before then, LOL.

You want to start planning and accumulating points at least two years out because you need to start redeeming them one year out when things start opening up. You're just over 2 years out. Will it come again, maybe. Will it be as easy to pull that offer in the future when you want it, probably not or that 100k offer wouldn't be considered a unicorn. Also, if you already have an amex card, I'd seriously consider it since you'd have to have another public offer like this to get that kind of bonus.

Has anyone ever heard of penfed? I got an offer in the mail saying I was preapproved for their card. Spend is $1,500 with $100 back but you have to become a member with them. I’ve never even heard of them but we’re kind of desperate for an MSR lol

Has anyone ever heard of penfed? I got an offer in the mail saying I was preapproved for their card. Spend is $1,500 with $100 back but you have to become a member with them. I’ve never even heard of them but we’re kind of desperate for an MSR lol
Yes, it's Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Before I came here, I got their 2% everything card (might be 1.5% for you), and their 5% gas/3% grocery card. Both are no fee.
I also enjoyed refinancing my car back and forth between PenFed and NavyFed, when they made the deal sweet enough to switch. I kept lowering my rate, and made $200 on one switch.
Their checking account is 0.5% interest, or 2% if over $25k for military and some gov't (might be less for other civilians?)

PS. If you're interested, PM me for support

I just got the Amex Platinum! It was kind of spur of the moment (very unlike me :rotfl2:) - I checked my offers and the 125,000 was there. I figured why not and was instantly approved!

Now I have to start researching a bit more to take full advantage of everything it has to offer.

Few questions:

1 - For DH's CSR, I messaged Chase and said his card was no longer working at registers and they sent another card with same numbers, etc that I've been able to carry and use. Would it be possible to the the same with the AmEx card?

2 - If you get one of the free gold AU cards, would that user get the 10x on gas and groceries? DH spends way more on gas than I do, so I'd love for him to have a copy of the card to get the 10x points to work on maximizing that benefit.

3 - I know about the AmEx RAT, but I've haven't paid enough attention to the details since I don't have one of their cards. If I get a gift card along with regular groceries each time, does that trigger the claw back, or is it mainly buying 100s of dollars of gift cards?

Thanks so much!

Reading above, it looks like the Charles Schwab card should probably be in my future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter