I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased my tickets for Sunday on release day because I am "cool" like that! (Frozen pun) AMC is the best theater experience around me and I was so annoyed with my transaction. I booked the wrong weekend by accident (Thanksgiving instead of release weekend) and wanted to change it. I called to do it and they refunded me, but kept my AMC Stubs reward that I used! So I called back and after speaking with 3 people they issued it back to me... for a future use. I will definitely use it, but it just felt wrong. I know I made a mistake, but I caught it within 2 minutes or confirming the transaction. SMH
This happened to me too with whatever our last movie was. I cancelled the tickets really quickly (like a few mins later) and they kept my stubs reward. I had to call to get it sorted out but they did it without any hesitation. Not sure why their system is set up like that but it is wrong.

So, almost 3 hours on hold on the phone for DIsney+ help. They don't know what is wrong with my dh's account but there are many others experiencing 'technical hiccups' as well and they are offering those a 30-day 'entitlement' under a different email while they try to fix the main account. We asked if they could just transfer my dh's subscription to my email but they can't. So, no great answers yet but at least I don't have to keep making 7-day free trials.
They aren't really buying into or commenting on the hacking theory at this point.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a PC laptop? It may come as a shock to many people here, but I usually purchase Apple products. 🤣 I am researching PCs for my sister who wants speed, portability, and good battery life. I feel like the Dell XPS 13 looks nice, but I am not sure if there is something better out there.

Last edited:
So, almost 3 hours on hold on the phone for DIsney+ help. They don't know what is wrong with my dh's account but there are many others experiencing 'technical hiccups' as well and they are offering those a 30-day 'entitlement' under a different email while they try to fix the main account. We asked if they could just transfer my dh's subscription to my email but they can't. So, no great answers yet but at least I don't have to keep making 7-day free trials.
They aren't really buying into or commenting on the hacking theory at this point.
UGH still infuriating that Disney can't fix it or transfer the promotion, but I am glad you were FINALLY offered the extended free 30 days like others have received. Hopefully Disney can figure itself out by then :sad2:

If PayPal is the only option and if it is a large enough payment you could product change your CSR to a Freedom. (Assuming you have had the CSR for a year). Straight PayPal on a card would probably not count as travel on any of the cards.
CSR should code travel for a tour payment unless it’s a private person. Is PayPal the only option? Travel agency? UR portal?

CSR is less than a year old, so PC'ing to a CF isn't a current option.
It looks like I'm restricted to PayPal with this particular tour company. They're not on the UR portal and we're booking independently.
I went back through some earlier bookings for this trip, and I found another operator who used PayPal. It was coded as "professional services" on my CIP. I guess we'll be at the mercy of Chase's interpretation. At minimum it'll count towards MSR!

CSR is less than a year old, so PC'ing to a CF isn't a current option.
It looks like I'm restricted to PayPal with this particular tour company. They're not on the UR portal and we're booking independently.
I went back through some earlier bookings for this trip, and I found another operator who used PayPal. It was coded as "professional services" on my CIP. I guess we'll be at the mercy of Chase's interpretation. At minimum it'll count towards MSR!
Hope it works out for a few extra points.
Normal people just randomly start watching Avatar at 11pm on a work night on Disney+, right?

I took a long nap today so I’m feeling pretty strong. LOL!
Work night? You get up at 9 am. That’s a weekend for me. :rotfl2:

Mmmm it was good. I’m watching Avatar in preparation for my January Disney trip. I watched it once a long time ago and I think fell asleep for part of it.
HAHAHA funny story about watching Avatar. I saw it 3x in theaters when it first came out between different groups of friends. PolyRob has always been a night owl and was staying up late and on the third viewing I completely fell asleep during the main battle scene. Luckily it was in 3D and I had glasses on so no one could actually see my eyes. My friends had their suspicions that I fell asleep and I denied it. They asked me what happened because if I was asleep I wouldn't have known. Good thing I saw it 2 other times. Proved them wrong 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts