I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being in school didn't create or ruin that. Same with homeschool kids- there are those that are outgoing and talkative and there are those that keep to themselves. More often than not, she's right, they're emulating their parents.
DS and I are opposite on that. He is very social, wants to be everyone’s friend, talks to anyone, jumps right into any social situation. I’m quite the opposite, was super shy as a kid, have 1 or 2 friends, total homebody. This thread is my idea of a social life. Lol. I do try to get DS involved in stuff, but I’m more likely to sit and watch him play soccer than chat with the other parents. I can sit through practice or game without uttering a word.
I'm in MA and no one is really "checking" us. I report to our town by sending in a yearly progress report. We are not required to do testing. It can seem strange that there is little oversight, but it has been my experience that most parents homeschool because they want what they feel is best for their kids. Because of that, they are vigilant about providing a good educational experience. If my kids don't learn, it's all on me. I can't blame the schools. It's a lot of responsibility, but I wouldn't change it.
It’s probably true that most parents sincerely want the best for their kids but that sometimes means they want to seclude their kids and not expose them to outside influences. I have a cousin who struggled to graduate high school, yet homeschooled her kids with no oversight. The laws in our state require no forms or records submitted to the state.
Between working full-time and butting heads with DS just over homework, there is no way. I am pretty sure DS and I would have a horrible relationship if I had tried. He had asked several times in elementary school but nope, not happening.
Totally agree. DS often asks to be homeschooled, mostly because he wants to sleep late and he thinks I’d be an easy teacher. He is so wrong. He will rarely listen to me even when he asks a question. Last week he asked me to teach him about genetics. I wasn’t talking for more than 2 minutes before he was “done.”
Not really related and I forgot where I read this, but it’s funny. If you’re in a city and you can’t find what you’re looking for, think to yourself: “a million+ people can live in this city without that item. I’m sure I can to.” :)
Apparently my sister cannot live without dental floss. She was in Italy and ran out, couldn’t find it anywhere except the hotel shop. Where she paid $10 for the tiniest container (and that was 15 years ago; she’d probably be buying $20 floss now except I’m pretty sure that’s at the top of her packing list now)

Another DISchurners Tip:
For those of you that use a DIFFERENT name on Reddit than here: Make your "flair" on Reddit your DISboards name for the DISchurners subreddit. (I totally stole this idea from @gottalovepluto :D

To do that:
1) Go to the DISchurners main page (I know how to do this best on OLD reddit FYI) so you can do that from here: https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/
2) Look on the right for where it mentions flair. It will say this: Show my flair on this subreddit. It looks like
3) Beside your name click EDIT
4) Then click your username when it pops up
5) Then type in your DISboards name and click save
6) Make sure the checkbox to "Show my flair" is checked

Now when you say something on DISchurners, your reddit name will appear right there. You should see it appear on all of your old comments immediately too! If you need help with this, let me know!

EDIT: And you can also put other fun things in your flair too if you want. I just shared this for people who are using different names to make it easier to tell who is who :)
Is this in English? I have no idea what this even refers to. I am too old. Lol. Back in the 80s a Flair was a gymnastics move. :confused3

It got so annoying for me I had to install an ad blocker. There were also some harmless pop ups promising doom and gloom for my computer files. All from this website.
I've been getting those a ton lately on this site. I know I heard them say on disunplugged before the big site update that it was supposed to help. Not so much!

Ok, after some research I have added uBlock Origin to my Chrome extensions. Hopefully no more redirects like this

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 11.17.42 PM.png

Hahaha! It's a reddit thing. I think the instructions are clear if you're looking at your reddit screen from the link I provided.
Instructions are clear but I don’t know what I’m even supposed to be creating. Lol. It’s like if I told you how to roast a chicken...but you’ve never seen nor heard of a chicken.

After attempting to peruse Reddit for info and not finding what I’m looking for, can anyone tell me if the secret method for getting fast passes still works? Is it on Dischurners somewhere? I have a coworker who made FPS today and missed some of the good stuff.

Instructions are clear but I don’t know what I’m even supposed to be creating. Lol. It’s like if I told you how to roast a chicken...but you’ve never seen nor heard of a chicken.

After attempting to peruse Reddit for info and not finding what I’m looking for, can anyone tell me if the secret method for getting fast passes still works? Is it on Dischurners somewhere? I have a coworker who made FPS today and missed some of the good stuff.
Since your name is almost the same on DISchurners you probably don't need the flair :)

I'm not sure what the secret FP method is but if it is somewhere it'll be in this thread:

Yeah, I have been getting terrible redirects for the past two days on my laptop. It had previously only been on my cellphone which I fixed with an ad-blocker, but now I think I need to enable one here too. Do you have a favorite for your computer? LOL
Ok, after some research I have added uBlock Origin to my Chrome extensions. Hopefully no more redirects like this

View attachment 435076
Same exact thing has been happening to me on my laptop the past couple days—redirects me to the same fake Apple page. Super frustrating. It was so bad after the redesign I had to put blockers on my iPad and iPhone but now the laptop. Ugh.

Same exact thing has been happening to me on my laptop the past couple days—redirects me to the same fake Apple page. Super frustrating. It was so bad after the redesign I had to put blockers on my iPad and iPhone but now the laptop. Ugh.
Yes! IDK why it has gotten so much worse. FWIW I am loving uBlock Origin for the past 2.5 hours I have had it enabled. I don't notice any speed issues with pages loading and everything seems to be working ok. Look at all the ads I have blocked so far :scared1:

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 2.40.20 AM.png

All in one. I’m sure that will change when my girls are older. This is our current load in the toiletry bag.View attachment 435032

If we run out of something, the hotels almost always have it.
Not really related and I forgot where I read this, but it’s funny. If you’re in a city and you can’t find what you’re looking for, think to yourself: “a million+ people can live in this city without that item. I’m sure I can to.” :)

Medicine and her makeup is separate.
Wow, you have that packed! Maybe that’s the difference I currently have all of pain relievers and 3 oz sunscreens in it. I do love how flat it is compared to the Vera Bradley I was using.

Yeah, I have been getting terrible redirects for the past two days on my laptop. It had previously only been on my cellphone which I fixed with an ad-blocker, but now I think I need to enable one here too. Do you have a favorite for your computer? LOL

My daughter took care of it for me. She dl'ed from Ublock Origin and it seems to be working so far. You can turn it on and off by clicking on the little shield symbol in the top right corner of the window.

Last edited:
I have a weirdly specific question. I was looking at the Shake Shack Amex gold credit, and it said that it was inapplicable for Shake Shack locations in airports. Does anyone know if locations in tran stations count? Apparently there is a Shake Shack in Union Station in DC. @striker1064 - am I remembering you correctly as a DC guy who uses Amtrak? Any experience with this. I've got $10 potentially at stake, so clearly its an important question 😋.

Yeah I know others have chimed in already, but I have no experience with that particular Shake Shack. In fact, about the only place I get food from in Union Station is Einstein Bros, both because their bagels are good and it's right next to the gates. Otherwise, I'm a roll-in-20-minutes-before-departure kind of guy and try to minimize my time in and around Union Station.

@kidsfirsttrip I got all my Delta miles refunded :( I hadn't checked for a few days and just assumed a voucher was on the way. Nope. I got my miles (not doubled) back. I want to cry. I wanted the voucher. I should have just booked the dates I wanted and not cancelled.
Oh no!!!! I’m so sorry!!!!!
I think it prob happened because you canceled in under the 24 hours so they provide a full refund. Thought since you bought the insurance that might have been avoided. This sucks!!!

I downloaded Ad Blocker but it does nothing for the redirects. Turning off java works but then I can’t bookmark, multi-quote, and it messes up most other websites. I’ve noticed less traffic on the other topics here on the dis so hopefully the owners of the site fix it since it’s hitting their pocket. It’s gotten ridiculous how often it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!