I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked a points and cash rate at the Hilton Tokyo bay and was able to cancel when I saw the same room at a lower rate. I always make sure I book a refundable rate though
I’ve actually never tried it. It says on the website points and cash iis non-refundable. I’ve shied away from it for that reason.

I find it ironic that some of you use PNC for high yield savings. PNC is my primary bank, my checking account has been with them for over 20 years, but I don't use their savings. I keep mine in a money market at Vanguard, just checked and it is currently paying 2.17%.
Bummer! Although considering how long you've been with them they probably didn't offer this high yield savings account when you signed up. Considering opening one and shifting funds over for the 2.35% or just not worth the hassle for you?

ETA: Just realized different zips get different APRs with @Alexle2007 's comment

Last edited:

I finally made up my mind for our Disneyland trip. Im spending our arrival night at the Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim. I used 25,000 Marriott points and now im down to a few hundred lol. Then for our next four nights I used 61,000 AA miles to stay at the Hilton Anaheim. SO is complaining that it is far and we have to switch hotel rooms but I really didn't want to spend a lot of money.

We stayed at the Four Points for all four nights of our Disneyland trip. It’s a long ish walk (maybe 15 min from front lobby to security) but it goes by fast in the morning when you are excited to get to the park! Less so at midnight after park close and 10k steps. And it’s only about a $7 uber one-way if you really want to get there quickly.

I find it ironic that some of you use PNC for high yield savings. PNC is my primary bank, my checking account has been with them for over 20 years, but I don't use their savings. I keep mine in a money market at Vanguard, just checked and it is currently paying 2.17%.
We use discover for our savings account. I’m not even sure what it gives us lol. Dh handles that one

I’ve actually never tried it. It says on the website points and cash iis non-refundable. I’ve shied away from it for that reason.
Huh I had no trouble at all cancelling and rebooking once the points showed up in my account again.

I loved Florence too! On our 11 nt trip to Italy last June, I allotted 5 nights for Florence and it wasn't enough. Like @tink1970 I would be ok not returning to Rome, but very glad I was there once. I thought Venice was fine, and although it was stinky and crowded, I loved riding through the canals and wandering the maze of crooked streets. St. Mark's Square and the Basilica area are just nuts, but once you get away from there I think Venice is charming and I'd go back. But Florence, wow, I definitely want to go back there. We arrived there on a Saturday evening, and talented musicians (and full-on orchestras) were playing in the streets, and there were lots of people but it didn't feel frenetic or rushed. Our best meals were in Florence for sure, and we bought some really nice leather pieces. We also chanced upon watching an annual parade celebrating calcio storico go right by our hotel, with people all dressed up in medieval regalia playing instruments. It just felt magical there.

Niagara Falls, Jamaica, LA (unfortunately DH's family lives out there so we go fairly frequently), Cancun, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Belfast.
Unpopular opinion but NYC (especially Manhattan), is just blah to me. Expensive, crowded, STINKY in the summer. I don't get the hype. For those ragging on Vegas, we go for the food (some of the best celebrity chefs have outposts there) and the location to so many national parks. We don't stay in Vegas for most of the trip. It's interesting to see all of the different perspectives.

Last edited:
I need some help with churning an Ink Chase Preferred card.

I was approved for an Ink on 4/16/17. I think I qualified for the bonus in 2 months time, but I don’t exactly remember. After my annual fee posted, I cancelled the card and was refunded the annual fee. (I also received the Chase Ink Cash on 8/3/18 in case that matters).

So now I am approaching 28 months since being approved for the Ink Preferred. When is it safe to apply again? Is there a way to confirm when a bonus posted on a card that you no longer have (and for which I didn’t print out statements). Is the 24 month wait after a bonus mean 365 days, or do they count whole months? Should I wait until September (prefer not to because I need to buy a washer and dryer before then).

Expertise and advice appreciated.

I need some help with churning an Ink Chase Preferred card.

I was approved for an Ink on 4/16/17. I think I qualified for the bonus in 2 months time, but I don’t exactly remember. After my annual fee posted, I cancelled the card and was refunded the annual fee. (I also received the Chase Ink Cash on 8/3/18 in case that matters).

So now I am approaching 28 months since being approved for the Ink Preferred. When is it safe to apply again? Is there a way to confirm when a bonus posted on a card that you no longer have (and for which I didn’t print out statements). Is the 24 month wait after a bonus mean 365 days, or do they count whole months? Should I wait until September (prefer not to because I need to buy a washer and dryer before then).

Expertise and advice appreciated.
Today, would be a good day :) as long as you are under 5/24.

Also, can't remember where you're located, but what are you doing for flights out there? Were you able to find decent award availability? I'm actually still seeing award availability for certain dates with United for this Christmas/NYE for our airport, but no Saver rates (obviously).
No, I was not able to find good award availability for our dates. We're in NorCal, near Sacramento, so that's our preferred airport but limited for flights. Only Hawaiian and Alaska fly to HI from here, but Southwest is supposed to start their flights there ANY DAY NOW! We booked our flights in January. Flights out are on Hawaiian, booked on Amex travel using BizPlat for 5x, then reimbursed with a Schwab cashout. Flights back are on Alaska, booked with points and their companion fare. The flights going there were not too badly priced, but the ones coming back were ridiculous, so it was great to have the points and the companion fare.

We had planned on only going to Maui for the week after Christmas, but now my whole family has decided to go to the Big Island for Christmas, so we have to change our flight going out there. Still not sure what we're going to do for that. I can suck it up and pay the change fees and the higher price to stay with Hawaiian (I would cover that cost with bank bonuses since the Schwab is now closed) or I would have enough AA miles if I move some Bonbon points over to AA. I wanted to save those though. Decisions! I know, poor us, Big Island for Christmas and Maui for New Year's. I think we'll survive, lol!

If you know your dates, then you can jump on the Saver fares as soon as they open up.

So I’ve still been looking at dates for my birthday trip and resort options at wdw. Our options would be:

oct 31-nov 3 (there are basically no hotels available unless I do a magical rate, no MVMCP, I do have Oga’s adrs though)

Nov 14-17 (I have lots of oga’s Adrs for this weekend and we could do MVMCP but all star movies is gone as an option, no magical rates for this weekend)

Nov 28-dec 1 (we’ve never done thanksgiving at Disney so don’t know how busy it’ll be, there are more resort options, I am unable to get any Oga’s adrs and f&w will be over)

What do you guys think? I’m leaning towards November 14-17 and just paying more for a resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!