I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you contact the airline and/or TSA? It’s recommended start with a DM tweet to the airline and if they can’t solve it try one to TSA. It’s surprising how often it’s a glitch in the system that doesn’t give you TSA-Pre vs you actually being selected not to have Pre.
Oh, my mom doesn't actually have pre-check. Last time, SW just nicely did something to give it to her.

There should be no reason he can't just accompany you on the plane at C1 - I'd just have him line up with you. If you're B60, nobody should be boarding between you 2 anyways. (With the rare exception of some A or B group or A-List person who was late getting to the gate).
Sorry, I wasn't clear. My mom will be pre-boarding so I am going with her and the plan is to take DS with us. BWI had no issues with it last year but the airport in Punta Cana stuck to the one person to accompany rule.

Sounds lovely!

Mine was the Faroe Islands, but I knocked that off in May. I think mine now is Greenland. Zeghram Expditions has a really extensive tour that my friend who did the Faroes with me and I are talking about if they bring it back in 2020 (this was from 2018): Ihttps://www.zegrahm.com/expedition/untamed-north-greenland-iceland-june-2018/overview I'd also like to hit Svalbard though. I think Nat Geo has one that does both but they don't hit the west coast of Greenland, which is supposed to be incredible. So for me ... the far north!
Join dd and I next year on Nat Geos new ship! We are going from Norway to Svalbard. I'm not as excited as dd, but this her graduation trip, so she chose the destination and I'm planning pre and post days (in Bergen and Oslo respectively!)!

I’m leaning towards those dates. The only thing is the resort will most likely cost us more since there aren’t many deals, but I’d like to do that long weekend for f&w which we couldn’t do nov 28-dec 1

Yeah we got a great deal for two nights at CSR last year since they were building the tower and the pool was closed. It looks like the rates have jumped on CSR with the tower now.

Just got done chatting with Amex to downgrade dh's Delta Plat Personal to the blue, and in the same chat, he offers to add Employee Au cards to his business green to help earn miles faster? How odd is that? Coincidentally I will be closing that card in the next few days also, for both of us, since the fee is due. I bet that will add me to pop up jail along with him.

Yeah we got a great deal for two nights at CSR last year since they were building the tower and the pool was closed. It looks like the rates have jumped on CSR with the tower now.
yep it’s a bit pricey. Plus we’ve already stayed there. It’s hard because we’ve stayed at basically all of the moderates so it’s either deluxe or value. The only values I’m considering are AoA and movies. I could get pop but we’ve already stayed there twice

I hope I didn't have a churning fail today. I got my statement for my Cdn AmEx and I (sadly) met the MSR on the first statement (ds needed a new cell phone, which was half the spend). I saw that the points were awarded, so I immediately logged into dhs Marriott account and saw that the points were awarded, then clawed back >:(:headache::headache::headache:.

When I applied I used dhs Marriott number. After @SouthFayetteFan posted a DP saying that I might not get my points (due to a US Marriott number already getting points from AmEx), I immediately did an online chat with AmEx and asked that they assign me a new Marriott number and make sure that the points went to the new number. When I called AmEx this morning, they had no record of that chat. Wassim (the CSR I spoke to) said he had requested a new Marriott number for me and that it would be assigned and the points would be deposited to said new account. I have my doubts. Wassim said it would take 3-5 business days so I have an alarm set for next Tuesday to call them and ask. I wish I had taken a screen shot of my online chat as proof. I don't want this to turn into a huge ordeal.

It's been super hard to keep up these days. Just been skimming over posts from the past few days trying to see if I missed any news -- glad that I skipped the grAAvy time this round. Not willing to try a spend and not get the points. Although since I was denied for Barclays AA biz card I may try for biz2 with Citi -- still not sure.

I'll add to the list of places that I'll never visit: the Dominican Republic. My very healthy uncle (my dad's only sibling) cut his foot in the 5* resort hotel pool, contracted some kind of infection and passed away within 48 hours. They said it was a blood clot from the cut that caused a heart attack, but who knows. This was around 14 years ago, so well before the recent problems they have been having, but I have zero desire to ever visit. Also all of the Caribbean -- living in Florida (we are less than 5 miles from the beach and I've been maybe twice in the last 18 months) and not being a beach person to begin with, I have no desire. I'll add some Canadian cities: Saskatoon (nothing to see or do), Manitoba (same as Saskatoon) and Montreal (dh is from there, so I have to go occassionaly, but try to avoid -- Toronto and Montreal have a rivalry over which is the better city and Toronto is the obvious choice lol). Rome -- just not my cup of tea. Maybe Antarctica -- loved it, but it's so far, hard to get to and an expensive trip. Also Buenos Aires, beautiful, but not very safe (we had no issues but we were constantly warned about our safety, i.e. not to carry my camera, keep cell phones in locked bags, don't wear jewellery, etc.).

Anyone know of any Uber gift card discounts? DH decided we didn't really need a car for Universal plus the cost of parking so we will just be Ubering. I contacted the car service we have used before so I just need Uber if we go offsite for dinner.

Anyone know of any Uber gift card discounts? DH decided we didn't really need a car for Universal plus the cost of parking so we will just be Ubering. I contacted the car service we have used before so I just need Uber if we go offsite for dinner.

its currently 10% on Samsung Pay if u have a Samsung Phone.
I think theres a sale right not at rite aid, but its given to u in reward points... im not 100% what the deal, ill have to look later.

its currently 10% on Samsung Pay if u have a Samsung Phone.
I think theres a sale right not at rite aid, but its given to u in reward points... im not 100% what the deal, ill have to look later.
Thanks. We are an Apple family. I think I have a Rite-Aid offer from Chase that is about to expire so maybe I'll go that route. I do have my $15 Uber credit that will at least get used for the 2nd month.

Ultimately I decided I probably could not fake my way through. MSR will be a little tough but I do have insurance payments coming up. If it seems I can’t make it, I may have DH apply for the GSB account, this time knowing to leave some money there and use the account. Otherwise plan is for DH to apply for SW card and was going to use GSB funding for that.
Thanks for the DP, sorry you had to be the first to find that out. I just linked my Serve card to my account and will use it for some of that to hopefully keep them happy.

@Ngwira - here's an article that preceded yours.

https://10xtravel.com/10xtravel-team-our-dream-destinations/
What is everyone's dream destination?

Mine would be the Adriatic Coast- I would love to sail from Venice down the coast of Croatia, Montenegro, Albania to Greece. I love water, sailing and doing nothing so it's the perfect fit for me. ⛵

I'd go with Greece, an African Safari, Ireland/Scotland and Australia/New Zealand as my dream overseas. Hawaii, Alaska and more of the West, specifically the Pacific NW and Montana would be on my list of next visits in the US. Way more wants than time and points!!

OT but does anyone know if blacktap in downtown Disney takes reservations. I’m not seeing anything available for my dates, but idk if they even do reservations.

So I’ve still been looking at dates for my birthday trip and resort options at wdw. Our options would be:

oct 31-nov 3 (there are basically no hotels available unless I do a magical rate, no MVMCP, I do have Oga’s adrs though)

Nov 14-17 (I have lots of oga’s Adrs for this weekend and we could do MVMCP but all star movies is gone as an option, no magical rates for this weekend)

Nov 28-dec 1 (we’ve never done thanksgiving at Disney so don’t know how busy it’ll be, there are more resort options, I am unable to get any Oga’s adrs and f&w will be over)

What do you guys think? I’m leaning towards November 14-17 and just paying more for a resort
Nov14-17. F & W, Ogas. Thanksgiving will definitely be more crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter