I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I majored in biology. Because biology is awesome. But then I couldn't figure out what to do with the degree and ended up going to nursing school after. :rotfl2:

My daughter double majored in biology and health science :confused3she got a job in the regulatory department of a medical device company.....getting FDA approvals....she travels sometimes opening/closing testing sites...

AA miles for Disney 2020 update...

I called AAVacations today and was told they have no idea when they might get availability for Disney resorts for 2020. She clearly told me that they used to have a direct contract with Disney and that they no longer do that (we knew this already from when the whole crappy change happened). She said this is all at the mercy of their 3rd party processor who has the contract with Disney.

I honestly have a small worry that we might not see rooms appear. Luckily my backup plan is Disney Gift Cards which will still work but get me far less value out of my AA miles. Stay posted on this one folks... I also tweeted American to respectfully voice my displeasure with this change:

Sorry, I hoped I could use AA to extend my next trip (not enough DVC points). Not the first time a great thing has ended once I joined in.

I really hope they come back though.

Last edited:

Did anyone else sign up for the official Barclays AA Biz for the 65k mile offer plus 10k miles for the purchase on an employee card? Not just ask for a match? Curious as DH and I have received our 65k miles each + 1k miles from the MSR but no 10k for employee purchases that were made right away, ~$2 purchases...

My daughter double majored in biology and health science :confused3she got a job in the regulatory department of a medical device company.....getting FDA approvals....she travels sometimes opening/closing testing sites...

Old roommate did either bio or chem and she works in quality control in pharm. Lot's of jobs over the years because I think she generally works on stuff while it's going through approvals, places get bought etc. But lots of stock and makes good money. Just moved from SJ to SD.

Old roommate did either bio or chem and she works in quality control in pharm. Lot's of jobs over the years because I think she generally works on stuff while it's going through approvals, places get bought etc. But lots of stock and makes good money. Just moved from SJ to SD.
Yep..She really likes the work... gets lots of job offers but since she is thinking of starting a family soon, her boss is great about time off, working from home etc she’s not leaving

Have you been keeping up your spend? Have you closed any cards recently?
Closed 1 Amex in April, have 4 open, spending about 1k-3k each on the two newer ones over the last 2 months but little to no spend on the others. I’ve been lucky so far in that I haven’t put any extra spend on my Amex’s over the last year and I’ve chugged along fine, guess my Amex luck has run out for now and I’m gonna have to spend some money with them after all...

ETA: actually maybe I won’t. There are a few pop-up denials today, maybe I’ll just wait until we get a flood of “omg the pop-up went away” DPs and try again then. My theory is Amex uses the pop-up denial to manage their bonus expenses (meaning it’s more about Amex than it is an individual’s actual history) so maybe I should put my money where my thoughts are...

It has been in and out for the last few weeks, but better for me over the past few days. One thing is that when Amex changes the names of the cards (or when you add or pc a card) it seems to mess up the connection. I've had to delete the connection and then re-link each of my (several) Amex cards to get the import to work properly again. Good luck!

Here’s an update I received from YNAB support. I’ll give it a try later tonight.

—————

Our import partner recently made some changes to their American Express connection in order to resolve their handling of joint accounts, and while those joint accounts may not be relevant in your case, the first step to resolve the issue you’re running into is to get you set up on that brand new connection.

Before we do that though, we highly recommend reconciling your accounts in the web app first. Because the American Express connection has been totally revamped, the transactions are going to seem “new” to YNAB (for those who want to know the technical jargon, they will all have different FITIDs), so there’s a chance you’re going to see duplicates when you first link it up. However, since we don’t import transactions dated more than 3 days prior to your most recently reconciled transaction, reconciling your accounts will certainly decrease the amount of duplicates you’ll see.

Ok, we’re ready to move on! Once you’ve reconciled your account(s), here's how you'll get it linked up with the new connection:

• Tap on Settings
  • Select Manage Connections
  • Remove the connection(s) to American Express confirm removal and hit ‘Cancel’.
  • Select the account, tap on 'Edit' in the upper right-hand corner of the app
  • Select ‘Link Account', search for American Express, and follow the prompts to link to the corresponding account.
  • If you had other accounts associated with that connection, be sure to re-link those, too!
That should do it, but if you run into any trouble along the way, or have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out!

Oh yeah?! United sees that revamp, and raises Delta improved complimentary snacks on all domestic economy flights effective yesterday! Passengers now get to choose between Byrd’s maple wafers, pretzels, stroopwafels, and of course the classic knuckle sandwich!

https://onemileatatime.com/united-complimentary-snacks/
This made me giggle, mainly because on our SW flight home Sunday the flight attendant came by 4 or 5 times offering us more Fritos, cookies, or pretzels. I don't know that I've ever seen them bring the snacks multiple times! Sometimes they let you have more than one item (one time they were just giving everyone everything whether you wanted it or not lol)

Just called the Marriott I’m staying at in august and made a $200 payment with DH’s Bonbon Biz for the $40 Amex offer. The woman that answered at the front desk and took care of it no problem. I was on the phone for less than a minute. So that’s now $80 I’ve gotten back on this stay since DH previously had this same offer on his card when it first came out a couple months ago. The hotel requires a one night deposit, and one night there is $350, so I got $40 back on that. I still have ANOTHER $40 offer on my Bonbon Biz that I’ll also use there. This offer worked out particularly well for me since this hotel is for a work trip and I’m being reimbursed for the hotel, so that’s $120 straight into my pocket!

YNAB peeps, is Amex working for you? The connection is fine but new transactions from the last 5 or so days aren’t importing. I’m working on MSR so there have been quite a few posted transactions.
Mine are working okay now. It's funny, before we left I was not having any trouble when others here were. But mid way through the cruise our AMEX accounts lost the connection. I got mine reconnected via the phone app no issues during our trip, but DHs I had to do on the computer yesterday. Been okay so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter