I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he says people could actually touch it or sneeze in it. I hear a rant about how when he is in the bathroom so many men leave without washing their hands and it’s disgusting and those same people are eating at these buffets lol And then omg one time he saw the serving utensil that someone just put on the counter and not in the food or resting on the place that it was supposed to be and he freaked saying this is why he doesn’t eat from buffets lol.
I guess that could be true, I just choose to block it out and pretend the food was cooked by me ::yes::

We also do not eat food from buffets.

I pretend that everything is fine and it’s clean. I understand why my SO refuses so I don’t fight him on it. I don’t mind though. I wouldn’t do a nondisney buffet though. Also the dinner buffets at Disney don’t appeal to me just the breakfast seems fun because I only like pastries and tater tots lol

Yeah he says people could actually touch it or sneeze in it. I hear a rant about how when he is in the bathroom so many men leave without washing their hands and it’s disgusting and those same people are eating at these buffets lol And then omg one time he saw the serving utensil that someone just put on the counter and not in the food or resting on the place that it was supposed to be and he freaked saying this is why he doesn’t eat from buffets lol.
I can confirm the bathroom thing...so uhhh yeah, he's probably right. But I just don't think about that while eating at a buffet, lol!

Like you and @Albort we've given up the CSR for dining. We use the Amex Rose Gold for 4x. The CSR is brought along as a back up in case we happen to visit a dining establishment that doesn't take Amex.

I weighed that, but I don't do enough dining at restaurants that don't take Amex that the extra 1x UR over the CIC's 2x UR justified keeping another CSR at a $450 (effective $150) AF.

I guess I just don’t think of any of that when I’m at a buffet. I do the same thing at hotels unless I can clearly see something nasty.

Happily ensconced in the United Polaris Lounge at SFO awaiting our first flight on our trek to Africa. Next stop: Zurich! 🇨🇭 So far I’ve partaken of chicken tikka masala over rice and some veggie samosas, plus an almond milk latte. Thumbs up to all. DH is working on some cheese and crackers with his gin and tonic. It is very civilized in here!!

Ok shun me for this: I don't care about the parades. I stop and watch for a minute and go on about my business. I get annoyed when the route blocks my path to the next ride on my list.

I will say I did enjoy the Christmas parade. I watched the Halloween parade during Not So Scary from the train platform.

I cannot imagine ever paying for an event inside an event. I'm getting crabby in my old age. Get off my lawn! :mad::crazy2:

I'm normally not a fan of parades either. But have discovered a couple of exceptions. I'll stop and watch the Maleficent Steampunk Dragon for a minute when it's going by because I like dragons and steampunk. Then there are two parades that I actually do like and will make sure to see. Boo To You during MNSSHP is my favorite. I simply love the grave diggers and ghostly zombie cemetery dancers. Then the other parade I actually like is Paint the Night at DLR and HKDL. The song featured from Wreck It Ralph by Owl City, "When can we do this again" has become a theme song with our Disney travel friends. Those are pretty much the only two parades I really like and make an effort to watch.

We also do not eat food from buffets.
I am a super germaphobe, so I completely understand. I do not boycott Disney buffets 100%, but I am very selective and would prefer a family style meal. Club level was interesting. I went early, picked items that could not have been in the proximity of the handle if the utensil was placed directly in the food (glad to see others notice this too HAHA), and had plenty of hand sanitizer. I am still alive to talk about it. :)

You should see me travel on an airplane. Not claustrophobic or affected by the motion... the stains, trays, coughs, sneezes, windows :crazy2::scared:

BUT (here I go with my trip planning again)
My current set up is AUS to OAK (with a stop in HOU) for 9723 RR and the rental car is $338.36 / 22557 UR. We fly out of OAK on Sunday.

I can switch and fly to SJC non-stop for 6870 RR and grab a rental there and drop at OAK for 183.66 / 12244 UR. And we get there earlier so we can do more. Win win.

What do you think I'm about to do?! I haven't altered this trip nearly enough already I guess.

I hope you've already changed to SJC! Nonstop beats a stop any day :thumbsup2 Plus SJC is so itty and easy to get the rental car and easy to leave the airport!

I'm normally not a fan of parades either. But have discovered a couple of exceptions. I'll stop and watch the Maleficent Steampunk Dragon for a minute when it's going by because I like dragons and steampunk. Then there are two parades that I actually do like and will make sure to see. Boo To You during MNSSHP is my favorite. I simply love the grave diggers and ghostly zombie cemetery dancers. Then the other parade I actually like is Paint the Night at DLR and HKDL. The song featured from Wreck It Ralph by Owl City, "When can we do this again" has become a theme song with our Disney travel friends. Those are pretty much the only two parades I really like and make an effort to watch.
Have you seen the Dreamlights parade at tdr?

The grave diggers are my favorite!!! And the sparks from the shovels?! Come on. I was so interested when watching the behind the scenes special on ABC where they revealed someone was innocently dragging the shovel during rehearsal, it made sparks, and they thought how cool, lets add this!

I wish I could have seen Paint the Night in person. I've seen it on YouTube too many times to count.

I may also have the Festival of Fantasy music on my phone :music:

I pretend that everything is fine and it’s clean. I understand why my SO refuses so I don’t fight him on it. I don’t mind though. I wouldn’t do a nondisney buffet though. Also the dinner buffets at Disney don’t appeal to me just the breakfast seems fun because I only like pastries and tater tots lol

I figure if it doesn't kill me, then it will strengthen my immune system. Hmmm :scratchin ... strengthening ... wait, doesn't that qualify as a work out? Yes, eating at buffets is a basically a workout.

I weighed that, but I don't do enough dining at restaurants that don't take Amex that the extra 1x UR over the CIC's 2x UR justified keeping another CSR at a $450 (effective $150) AF.

Oh that wasn't what I was trying to advocate. I was just chiming in that I'm also using the Amex for dining too.

We’re 15 minutes from our new home!!!!

I'm so excited for you! :cheer2:

I am a super germaphobe, so I completely understand. I do not boycott Disney buffets 100%, but I am very selective and would prefer a family style meal. Club level was interesting. I went early, picked items that could not have been in the proximity of the handle if the utensil was placed directly in the food (glad to see others notice this too HAHA), and had plenty of hand sanitizer. I am still alive to talk about it. :)

You should see me travel on an airplane. Not claustrophobic or affected by the motion... the stains, trays, coughs, sneezes, windows :crazy2::scared:

I'm the same way. I just try to get to stuff before it's covered in germs and coughs. I might also tell the lounge people when kids take something and then put it back. So far they have been good about it and take the platter away. People just don't seem to parent these days. Of course I've seen a few adults do something similar. :rolleyes1

I bring wipes on the plane and wipe everything I can reach. Planes are so dirty and disgusting these days. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter