I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We paid a little more to stay at Portofino over Royal Pacific (HHR was the most expensive option) but only because we'd stayed there the previous year and enjoyed it so much. I think the RPR pool doesn't have a slide, and the other two do so that might make a difference for your kiddos? I think next time we might try HHR to be able to walk to Universal instead of always taking the boat. I will say the boat service at PBH was really good though.
Slide might not matter to the kids but it makes ME happy LOL! We might go with Hard Rock for that reason lol! Plus my younger daughter’s career goal right now is to be a Pop Star so she’d enjoy the hard rock vibe I bet!!

So we’re in the middle of a bathroom Reno and I’m a day late on the AP news.

We had been planning to upgrade our 8 day parkhoppers from our free dining package in August to APs, but wow that’s a big price increase. And I don’t know when I’d save the park hoppers for and I don’t really want to float 1500 dollars in tickets until who knows when, so I don’t think we should buy APs now, if the old price is still even available.

We’d be there the week before SWGE and the chance at a preview would be awesome.

Sigh. Don’t want to give up my free dining, but not sure what to do here.

Awe come on now...you don't want to try Atlanta on a Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend?? :rotfl2: The reality is its like that all the time, time of day doesn't matter in Atlanta, the traffic always sucks.
I grew up just north of Atlanta. I got my road rage from my dad lol. Now that Dh drives I’ve noticed I grip the hand rails like my mom always did. DH isn’t a bad driver but Atlanta is full of idiots

Universal fans... Royal Pacific is least expensive. 2,333 pts per night more to stay at hard rock. Another 1,334 to go to portofino.

With a 2 night stay is there any discernible difference between these resorts for me to want to not just “go with the least expensive” option??

I've only stayed at Royal Pacific when it was pretty new and I thought the rooms were nicer and more plush than the Disney resorts.

hmmmm thats an idea, this article is older so I assume if I have such an offer it would be under offers page,right? Also assuming they won't allow me to hold two fee free Hh on one account,right?

ahh, didnt check the date. but in recently times, it should be possible to upgrade. i just cant seem to find the correct link for it now. sorry... :(
i think it would work. im not sure if u can hold 2 of the same cards or not.

Long time lurker, first time poster. You don’t know me from Adam, but we stayed at the Hard Rock in February with two boys (12 & 10 at the time). We walked to Royal Pacific just to see how far it was. It seemed much further. When we were there they didn’t have a lot of boats going so if you missed it you had to wait a long time for one to return. We are staying at the Royal Pacific in September because it was significantly cheaper with the AP discount. But for 2 nights I would definitely stay at the Hard Rock; it was soooo much faster to get to and from the park.

On another note, thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I never felt like I could contribute anything before but you all have helped us exponentially in the number and quality of vacations we can take. So thank you.

IIRC Hard Rock is closer to one park but RP is closer to the other.

Have never stayed at Hard Rock but did Portofino once and RP twice. I actually liked RP better but Portofino was a long time ago. I would definitely go with whichever is cheaper.

We paid a little more to stay at Portofino over Royal Pacific (HHR was the most expensive option) but only because we'd stayed there the previous year and enjoyed it so much. I think the RPR pool doesn't have a slide, and the other two do so that might make a difference for your kiddos? I think next time we might try HHR to be able to walk to Universal instead of always taking the boat. I will say the boat service at PBH was really good though.
I had no problem walking to the park from Royal Pacific in the morning. On the way home I paid for a pedi cab.

I think what I’d do in your position is just support DH to a BBP from your BGR, bonus denial pop up or not, to hold on to DH’s MR, unless you have a travel partner in mind. The BBP support offer is “only” 10k MR. You’d still get the 20k MR support bonus on your BGR. Barring any Amex glitches, I’m almost certain those 20k MR will post before the 25th. The BBP is a good everyday card, so hopefully some regular spend on that will lift the pop up eventually.
Thanks, just did this and he was approved with a $9k line. Funny they will gladly give him plenty of credit, but not the bonus. I am guessing it's not even worth trying to meet the MSR just in case? I am sure it's not (heck I met my MSR by over $1100 on my Delta with no pop up and I still cant' get my dang miles).
But 20k MR for me LOL. I accidentally put his new card on his online login that has his non MR earning cards, they don't all have to be in the same online account login, right, they will still be the same MR account?

This thread moves SO FAST!

More newbie questions. I've bookmarked so many posts but I'm still a bit overwhelmed so please bear with me.

I needn't have worried (not that I was actually worried) about possibly not making the MSR for my first CIP because I haven't even had it three weeks and I am already over $2000. Yikes.

I got this CIP on 5/30/19.

I believe the next best step is to have my husband apply for a CIP using a referral link from me. Assuming he gets approved, he needs to add an "employee card" for me so that I can use it to meet the MSR for the new one. (I don't plan to have him spend at all on it since he and I have very different spending/payment styles).

If he does not get approved for the CIP, what is my next best step? Would the next best thing be to go for something like another Chase personal card? I have mentioned earlier that I am not really looking to get in AMEX cards at this time. For those following along, here are my current personal cards:

8/18 Capital One something or other
6/18 Chase Disney Visa
6/17 Some sort of bank issued Lowe's (home improvement) card

Also. I've seen some folks here mention that they've asked Chase to lower their credit limits. Are you doing that in order to increase your chances of getting approved for additional cards? Are there certain circumstances or amounts at which you all recommend doing so?

Thank you !!!!

Still 10 pages behind. But thought I would Chime in... I get my DH new cards all the time and 99% of the time I never even give him the card. I take the card (with his name on it ) and do all the spending. No one ever looks at cards or signatures anymore. Have never had an issue. Since it is a business card adding you as an AU won't hurt anything but it's not necessary (especially going forward with Personal cards)

Thanks, just did this and he was approved with a $9k line. Funny they will gladly give him plenty of credit, but not the bonus. I am guessing it's not even worth trying to meet the MSR just in case? I am sure it's not (heck I met my MSR by over $1100 on my Delta with no pop up and I still cant' get my dang miles).
But 20k MR for me LOL. I accidentally put his new card on his online login that has his non MR earning cards, they don't all have to be in the same online account login, right, they will still be the same MR account?

I actually don't know if it will be an issue to have the BBP on the login without the MR earning cards, but I will say that it is super easy to remove a card from one login and add it to another, if you want to be on the safe side. Lain posted instructions a while back.

random question..... how has availability for Uni onsite been in your experience thru UR portal? I'm planning kind of far out,so not much available currently and I don't know the landscape there much.(I know it can change fast too)
Looks like good availability to me :D

I had no problem walking to the park from Royal Pacific in the morning. On the way home I paid for a pedi cab.
We walked from Cabana Bay and from the Doubletree. We just enjoy the walk LOL!

I actually don't know if it will be an issue to have the BBP on the login without the MR earning cards, but I will say that it is super easy to remove a card from one login and add it to another, if you want to be on the safe side. Lain posted instructions a while back.
Thank you, good to know. @Lain I may be hitting you up for those again. Do you know if it will be an issue?

Not sure I can sell it. The gift card has American Express printed over it. And Johnny Was strangely does not accept (or even sell) gift cards on their website, so I can only use this in stores. It appears they had a store in San Francisco, which closed; but there are several locations around the Bay Area. But my wife does not wear boho chic, and the prices seem pretty outrageous. Interestingly, I also have an Amex Offer for 5,000 MR for spending $250+ at Johnny Was.
:confused3

Neither DH nor I get these nice gifts from having AMEX cards. :sad: I know there is a Johnny Was near us, because I've walked past it, but I've never actually gone in. I hope you find a good use for that GC.

Uber and Lyft are an option, but SFO recently changed where ride shares can pick up: https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/how-to-use-SFO-rideshare-zone-13950061.php

And it's been a mess:
https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Sunday-night-SFO-14014429.php

First I'll say that DH and I are really annoyed with this mess. That top floor of the garage has been our go-to parking place since I was in college. Second, I'll say that it's made the town car dropoff ok again - last summer Uber was picking up people in the drop off /departures area and it was insane. Third, DH took an Uber home from SFO on Sunday night and it might have been the easiest and quickest ride home ever, so I will say I'm a bit perplexed at that article since he landed around 6:30 and they were discussing the mess that evening. All in all, SFO is a mess, and we don't really have the option of using Bart.

I grew up just north of Atlanta. I got my road rage from my dad lol. Now that Dh drives I’ve noticed I grip the hand rails like my mom always did. DH isn’t a bad driver but Atlanta is full of idiots

Totally true! We made that comment when we were down there the last time "even the people who live here have no clue where they are going".

Universal fans... Royal Pacific is least expensive. 2,333 pts per night more to stay at hard rock. Another 1,334 to go to portofino.

With a 2 night stay is there any discernible difference between these resorts for me to want to not just “go with the least expensive” option??
Nope! RPR is awesome! Your daughters will love it. They have a terrific pool, if you have any pool time. It’s an easy walk to IoA. I’ll be there this time next week staying in their club level.

Oh, they have a nice character breakfast, if your daughter is into that.

Last edited:
Neither DH nor I get these nice gifts from having AMEX cards. :sad: I know there is a Johnny Was near us, because I've walked past it, but I've never actually gone in. I hope you find a good use for that GC.

First I'll say that DH and I are really annoyed with this mess. That top floor of the garage has been our go-to parking place since I was in college. Second, I'll say that it's made the town car dropoff ok again - last summer Uber was picking up people in the drop off /departures area and it was insane. Third, DH took an Uber home from SFO on Sunday night and it might have been the easiest and quickest ride home ever, so I will say I'm a bit perplexed at that article since he landed around 6:30 and they were discussing the mess that evening. All in all, SFO is a mess, and we don't really have the option of using Bart.

Amex once sent me a box of very nice chocolates. Other than that I got the little tag and that's it that I can remember.

I need a quick answer from anyone who might know: would it be better for us to pay tolls and drive through Orlando, or not pay tolls and drive through Jacksonville (takes 20 minutes longer roughly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter