I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday the cats did so well and didn’t meow and today is polar opposite. The one cat is meowing like crazy and won’t eat the food that has the medicine in it

They obviously heard you talking about how much you hate driving and like good little kids are trying to emulate their Mom. My orange tabby looks a lot like yours except he has more white on his face.

Too bad it's not a liquid that you could just squirt down their throats. Not as easy as it sounds!
Both my cats like Chik Fil A chicken. I wonder if yours do? I don't feed it to them, I just treat them with a little bite when I have it. They would eat my fingers if I didn't let go of it quick enough.

Second goals are pointless these days. Right now mine is about 500 and the bonus is 25???

Wow, that is worse than mine. It's been around 11sb for 150sb goal. I'd have thought they'd have raised the percentage as you got higher as enticement, not lower it! Guess the free interns were doing the math again.

You can do it right now online. I had my Clearwater all booked on points and then when my 35k cert dropped, I was able to go right online and apply it and Marriott immediately refunded my 35k points.

Very easy!

Nice! I didn't know it'd show up for a booking that already had a cert attached, that's even better :)

They obviously heard you talking about how much you hate driving and like good little kids are trying to emulate their Mom. My orange tabby looks a lot like yours except he has more white on his face.

Too bad it's not a liquid that you could just squirt down their throats. Not as easy as it sounds!
Both my cats like Chik Fil A chicken. I wonder if yours do? I don't feed it to them, I just treat them with a little bite when I have it. They would eat my fingers if I didn't let go of it quick enough.
They’re laying down now. We gave them some tuna but only one of them ate it (with the medicine in it). The other one chose not to eat and she’s the one that’s been meowing. She stopped for a little bit so hopefully it stays that way.

We don’t give our cats people food.

I need some thoughts on AMEX please.
I am still waiting for my 80k miles on my Delta Biz plat. I have not wanted to rock the boat until I finally get those.
That said, my BGR has the $175 fee due on the 25th. I really don't want to pay this, but I have been delaying cancelling as long as I can because of the Delta issue.
Also, dh has been in pop up jail forever, and I can't seem to get him out of it. I tried again yesterday to refer him to the BBP so he can have a fee free card to keep his MRs.
So, so I just cut the losses and move his MRs to a partner when his fees come due on his MR cards?
Do I refer him and get the bonus miles and just not worry about making the MSR on that card (if they approve him) but just put some spend on it, so he can keep his MR?
If I do that option (like today) I am guessing my BGR needs to stay open until the referral MR's credit?? Or would they credit anyway if I close it by Tuesday when the fee is due? That $175 is hard to stomach. Would they prorate a refund if I close it a couple weeks after I pay it?

Whew, did you follow all that?

I think what I’d do in your position is just support DH to a BBP from your BGR, bonus denial pop up or not, to hold on to DH’s MR, unless you have a travel partner in mind. The BBP support offer is “only” 10k MR. You’d still get the 20k MR support bonus on your BGR. Barring any Amex glitches, I’m almost certain those 20k MR will post before the 25th. The BBP is a good everyday card, so hopefully some regular spend on that will lift the pop up eventually.

Universal fans... Royal Pacific is least expensive. 2,333 pts per night more to stay at hard rock. Another 1,334 to go to portofino.

With a 2 night stay is there any discernible difference between these resorts for me to want to not just “go with the least expensive” option??

Since you will be driving Florida roads, get a Sunpass for your car, load it up and that gets reimbursed.
I’ll have to look into the sun pass. I know we won’t need it where we’ll be living but if we plan to visit other parts of Florida we might want it. Good idea!

Universal fans... Royal Pacific is least expensive. 2,333 pts per night more to stay at hard rock. Another 1,334 to go to portofino.

With a 2 night stay is there any discernible difference between these resorts for me to want to not just “go with the least expensive” option??

Long time lurker, first time poster. You don’t know me from Adam, but we stayed at the Hard Rock in February with two boys (12 & 10 at the time). We walked to Royal Pacific just to see how far it was. It seemed much further. When we were there they didn’t have a lot of boats going so if you missed it you had to wait a long time for one to return. We are staying at the Royal Pacific in September because it was significantly cheaper with the AP discount. But for 2 nights I would definitely stay at the Hard Rock; it was soooo much faster to get to and from the park.

On another note, thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I never felt like I could contribute anything before but you all have helped us exponentially in the number and quality of vacations we can take. So thank you.

Nothing wrong with choosing cheapest, Royal Pacific, in this instance. I've never stayed at Portofino but I prefer Royal Pacific over Hard Rock. Great pool, great location...can't go wrong!

I have an amex ascend with AF due also plain free amex hilton- will they allow me to PC to another fee free hilton? or do I just cancel since I don't know of any benefit to keeping the ascend-------
---ETA----- to clarify for advice
P2 has Hh basic and Ascend- $95 due today if I'm keeping. wwyd?
I also have Hh,Ascend,Hh Biz- Biz AF due in a couple of weeks.
I don't use a ton of hilton points, but I really like them. Any advice on next steps for keep/cancel on the Hilton cards? I'd love less AF obviously unless it's worth it to keep a card, I also don't want to change my */24 status for either of us at the moment. I think I could upgrade the Ascend to Aspire, but will that take a */24 space? (I'm not willing to open anything b/c of that right now) or better to just cancel and keep the no AF cards for now? I have no plans to use my points but I know something will come up along the way

Last edited:

Love RPR and Portofino - Hard Rock isn't my thing tho it is closest to parks. RPR is usually cheapest but not always....Portofino can sometimes be cheaper. Big plus for Portofino is the larger rooms - but we have been quite happy at RPR even with 4 in a room. If you're not planning on spending a lot of time at the resort, then I would def go with cheapest.

We paid a little more to stay at Portofino over Royal Pacific (HHR was the most expensive option) but only because we'd stayed there the previous year and enjoyed it so much. I think the RPR pool doesn't have a slide, and the other two do so that might make a difference for your kiddos? I think next time we might try HHR to be able to walk to Universal instead of always taking the boat. I will say the boat service at PBH was really good though.

Long time lurker, first time poster. You don’t know me from Adam, but we stayed at the Hard Rock in February with two boys (12 & 10 at the time). We walked to Royal Pacific just to see how far it was. It seemed much further. When we were there they didn’t have a lot of boats going so if you missed it you had to wait a long time for one to return. We are staying at the Royal Pacific in September because it was significantly cheaper with the AP discount. But for 2 nights I would definitely stay at the Hard Rock; it was soooo much faster to get to and from the park.

On another note, thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I never felt like I could contribute anything before but you all have helped us exponentially in the number and quality of vacations we can take. So thank you.
Don't be a stranger! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter