I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people are just takers with no regard for the common good or thanks for the community. Some of you do a great job of overlooking that.
This could not be said better! We have so many people who contribute to the community in some way. The stories, the humor, all of that provides something positive! It doesn’t have to be insider churning intel but just be a part of what we have here. The “takers” as you put it unfortunately don’t do that and it can be challenging to be patient. Perhaps they just think this is a regular DIS thread. But this isn’t a regular DIS thread it’s a cool DIS thread :D

This could not be said better! We have so many people who contribute to the community in some way. The stories, the humor, all of that provides something positive! It doesn’t have to be insider churning intel but just be a part of what we have here. The “takers” as you put it unfortunately don’t do that and it can be challenging to be patient. Perhaps they just think this is a regular DIS thread. But this isn’t a regular DIS thread it’s a cool DIS thread :D

View attachment 409905

I was glad that you did what you did the other week. So many here are so patient and helpful, but it had just gotten absurd.

Dh and I decided we won’t be getting the platinum plus APs. The SWGE preview would’ve been nice but that price increase is not happening for us. I’m putting my foot down with Disney. I’m not sure when we’ll even buy our APs now. The only thing I want to do sometime soon after moving is the villains dah.

With universal I think we’ll be waiting also. I want to wait until the kinks are worked out with the new hagrid coaster

I need to find something like that near me. I wonder if Wawa sells gift cards.
Wawa will probably be a YMMV. They do, definitely 3rd party, fuzzy on V/MC GC, BUT around here they are cash/debit only now for those. Not sure if it went regional or corporate wide so you'd have to check your locations.(You can still buy Wawa GCs with a CC if you need to stock up on Shorties :laughing: ) And mine have split their pumps from the stores. Pumps code as gas, the stores usually code as supermarket/grocery I think.

We have that here in America....
I’ve seen something similar at the state fair but it was just funny to see something like that in japan. It was actually called a “cheese dock” at one place lol. I think maybe the translation got off

It was not my finest moment perhaps...but it needed to be said. Lol.
Nah. I’m sure everyone else was banging there head against a wall like me! Much thanks!
Just realized how much of a pain it is to have 3 Amex cards with the same last 4 numbers. My food order just went to my BCP instead of my Gold card...there go those Amex MR points....Where is the shun corner so I can be with @Albort & @amalone1013?
Been there done that. And DHs cards are all similar to mine too.
What do we need for costumes for the meet-up? Big Blue Bug or maybe a clam costume?
Dumb and dumber????!!
Seriously I live less than an hour away in metro Boston and have never heard of such food. I did enjoy the occasional Dels and AwfulAwful when I did the Newport thing a few summers after college

Nah. I’m sure everyone else was banging there head against a wall like me! Much thanks!

Been there done that. And DHs cards are all similar to mine too.

Dumb and dumber????!!
Seriously I live less than an hour away in metro Boston and have never heard of such food. I did enjoy the occasional Dels and AwfulAwful when I did the Newport thing a few summers after college
We got some weird stuff in this state.
  • Dels
  • Quahogs
  • Hot Weiners
  • Cabinets
  • Doughboys
  • Coffee milk
  • Pizza Strips

We have bought both direct and resale. We didn’t understand the whole resale market when we bought in first in 2008, but added on 5 years later via resale just for the reasons you stated to get a specific property ( we wanted BW). Lucky for us we added on right before the prices of resale started going up a lot.
We first bought direct in 2007 because we wanted AKV's 1 bedroom setup with the extra bathroom. It made sense traveling with a family of 5 staying in a 1br. We added on through resale in 2012 but still at AKV. I kind of wish we had a small contract at BWV just for dh and I to use in Jan or Feb. DD24 wishes we had BLT!
Any recommendations on maxing out the CF 5% at gas stations? Anyone buy gift cards at gas stations?
I need to find something like that near me. I wonder if Wawa sells gift cards.
Wawa will probably be a YMMV. They do, definitely 3rd party, fuzzy on V/MC GC, BUT around here they are cash/debit only now for those. Not sure if it went regional or corporate wide so you'd have to check your locations.(You can still buy Wawa GCs with a CC if you need to stock up on Shorties :laughing: ) And mine have split their pumps from the stores. Pumps code as gas, the stores usually code as supermarket/grocery I think.
I need to get gas today so I might do a test purchase at Wawa----if it's not pouring when I go out!
birthday sale at Southwest until 6/20....none of our flights went down...but hopefully others will benefit
DD19's flight home for Christmas went down! Thanks for posting :flower3:

Is it bad that I’m considering not even getting APs? The only thing in the foreseeable future I see us doing is the villain dah which is a ticketed event anyway. Should we just pay for that and not worry about the APs yet?

We have always bought DVC new, direct, so I spend a lot of time justifying it to myself. I have heard that Consumer Reports estimated a 13 year break-even point without financing, as compared to renting a similar property. I calculated ours takes about 15 years to break-even including financing, based on what points could have been rented for.

That sounds like a long time to pay off, but viewed the other way, there are 35 years of "profit". Our Boardwalk is now "profitable" and Animal Kingdom is close behind. Buying resale costs less, but you will also have less years after breaking-even, which I figure reduces some of the benefit of after-market.

I can see someone buying resale for a specific property, like Boardwalk or Beach Club because they really enjoy Epcot festivals. The advice most give is buy enough points (we usually wish we had more), and buy where you want to stay. This is more important as it seems harder and harder to book outside your home resort at the 7 month window.

When I bought in 2000, breakeven was estimated to be 5 years. I eventually bought 4 contracts and not sure what it was for the last one in 2003. Then I got over addonitis, thankfully. That was a long illness with a lot of flareups that I managed to get through somehow. Even to this day I will start wanting something I don't need, like VGF and Poly.

It looks like the Gold went up $90. Not great but a lot better than the $225 of Platinum. It makes me even happier I finally pulled the trigger and got into DVC last year. When you times by 5 the direct DVC has definitely been worth it.
I figured it was going to go up with Star Wars opening. But still it is a pretty big increase for both. I will have to think about whether it is better to renew or use on of my certificates I bought. Either way we will still continue to have APs. Glad you are happy with your decision to get into DVC last year. We have a family of 5 too - so those discounts do help when our kids are with us - although I haven't bought an AP for them in a few years because we try to go without them more lately....:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter